• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This aged ridiculously well. 

IKER EVERTON 

Utter fucking moron.   dirty moronic Leeds scum    absolutely sick of them already 

3 hours ago, O said:

Klopp?

Klopp has lost more finals than he's won. Some formula.

You do realise that Zidane also managed one of the greatest club sides in history with historic players in Marcelo, Ramos, Kroos, Modric, Ronaldo & Benzema? No different to Pep managing Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi & Eto'o.

Klopp has taken on less successful clubs and taken them to finals and leagues on more limited resources. 

Zidane galvanized madrid and took them to three consecutive champions leagues. However, as you say he had a similar quality of player to pep at barca which slightly counts against him. In terms of European success he is ahead but overall you could say pep is better as he has won titles in different countries.

What exactly is your criteria for someone being a great manager?

36 minutes ago, John Locke said:

Klopp has taken on less successful clubs and taken them to finals and leagues on more limited resources. 

Zidane galvanized madrid and took them to three consecutive champions leagues. However, as you say he had a similar quality of player to pep at barca which slightly counts against him. In terms of European success he is ahead but overall you could say pep is better as he has won titles in different countries.

What exactly is your criteria for someone being a great manager?

Winning trophies everywhere you go.

9 hours ago, TFIA said:

That is a disgraceful record given he has literally always had a top 2 squad in the Europe.

He's a fraud, like his boy Messi. Only goes where success is guaranteed. PSG next for sure. 

A big reason why he has the best squads is because of his coaching and how he improves players. If any other manager achieved what he did you would hold them to far lesser standards. The City squad he inherited finished 4th, ahead of United on GD. The Barcelona team he took over finished 3rd in La Liga the season before.

He'd make you fall in love with Rashford if he was our coach.

Edited by TheManc
16 hours ago, O said:

Winning trophies everywhere you go.

I'd be more specific with the criteria. There has to be context. I think winning at least one champions league must be a prerequisite. If a manager always has the best players domestically or thinking in terms of europe then he has to be judged more severely than one who had to build a team working on a tighter budget or bringing youth players through or being tactically astute and getting more from a given set of players. Of course winning with style must be given more credit than a dour brand of football but the better the squad the more that becomes important.

1 hour ago, TFIA said:

The better Gundogan plays the more of an indictment it is on Pep. He can never get the best out of players without destroying others.

Yawn.

That's football. A system can't benefit every player.

Rooney & Benzema had to take the backseat with Ronaldo.

75% possession and total domination. No KDB, Aguero and co right? The biggest shitting of the bed was us letting Pep go to City. He's gonna win 4 PLs in 5 years by next season. Probably win a CL as well. 

Unbelievable how people don't think he's a sensational coach. Unless City suddenly become morons upstairs, they are going to dominate the PL for a generation. I shudder to think what their trophy cabinet will look like compared to ours in 20 years.

On 13/02/2021 at 20:05, TFIA said:

The better Gundogan plays the more of an indictment it is on Pep. He can never get the best out of players without destroying others.

He just wins and wins and wins and wins while playing amazing football.

Fraud. 

Edited by TheManc
16 hours ago, TheManc said:

75% possession and total domination. No KDB, Aguero and co right? The biggest shitting of the bed was us letting Pep go to City. He's gonna win 4 PLs in 5 years by next season. Probably win a CL as well. 

Unbelievable how people don't think he's a sensational coach. Unless City suddenly become morons upstairs, they are going to dominate the PL for a generation. I shudder to think what their trophy cabinet will look like compared to ours in 20 years.

He just wins and wins and wins and wins while playing amazing football.

Fraud. 

BAN immediately!!!

City have conceded just 6 goals in the last 18 games and have kept 12 clean sheets. That there wins you league.

We have likes of de gea and lindelof gifting away goals at the back against relegation fodder and likes of martial and rashford who are wasters at the front.

Shoutout to the absolute masterclass put on on Saturday by James Rodriguez. Genuinely a top 5 player in this league and a guy we should have signed 5 years ago.

Disgraceful how underappreciated he's been since Zidane set out to destroy him. World class everywhere he's been. Just a level above any Liverpool player on Saturday, they couldn't get near him. 

Still doing it despite assurances from our resident expert @O that he'd have fallen off the face of the earth by now. But what can you expect from a guy who said John McGinn was better than Jack Grealish.

Put me in charge Glazers, I don't need hundreds of millions I'll just get the signings right. Harry Maguire though, it really is a fucked up world where competence is discouraged, lmao. 

2 hours ago, TFIA said:

Shoutout to the absolute masterclass put on on Saturday by James Rodriguez. Genuinely a top 5 player in this league and a guy we should have signed 5 years ago.

Disgraceful how underappreciated he's been since Zidane set out to destroy him. World class everywhere he's been. Just a level above any Liverpool player on Saturday, they couldn't get near him. 

Still doing it despite assurances from our resident expert @O that he'd have fallen off the face of the earth by now. But what can you expect from a guy who said John McGinn was better than Jack Grealish.

Put me in charge Glazers, I don't need hundreds of millions I'll just get the signings right. Harry Maguire though, it really is a fucked up world where competence is discouraged, lmao. 

James has been terrible.

Literally disappeared for the Winter, like I told you he would you fat fuck. 3 months without a goal or assist in the league between October 17th & January 27th. LOL.

Colombian Mata.

19 minutes ago, Sownak27 said:

Brighton are one of my favourite teams to watch in the league. So good with the ball, very tenacious in winning it back too. 

Have a habit of not getting the points that their performances deserve. Tonight is a prime example.

I rate Potter highly as coach. I'd love to see what he could do with this United squad compared to Ole who is the opposite of him. Gets the results without the performances.

Brighton need to be more clinical. 16 shots & 75% possession. Yet lost 2-1. Palace only had 2 shots on target.