TheManc

United Summer Signings 2020

14 minutes ago, TheManc said:

Didn't see a thread, so....

Some reports of Grealish being quoted at 80M. Surely means we'll move on?

If we sign Sancho I think that’s it tbh.

Ed is going to ise this resurgence as an excuse not to spend rather than the incentive we see it as.

50 minutes ago, TheManc said:

Didn't see a thread, so....

Some reports of Grealish being quoted at 80M. Surely means we'll move on?

I knew Villa staying up would affect the price - but someone is banging Class As over there! 

Edited by JJtheRed

Buendía is a smarter choice than Grealish and can actually play RW.

His stats are insane for a player who played in a team that finished on 21 points.

He smashes every single metric.

3 minutes ago, TheManc said:

All the talk recently was that it's Grealish vs VDB with the price determining who we go for, if Madrid didn't go for the latter.

Grealish is more technical and more likely to win a game with his technical ability.

van de Beek is less technical, but harder working and more natural at playing in midfield. Good at making runs to join the attack. He can get into the box.

Two very different players. In some ways, we already have luxury players in Bruno and Pogba. van de Beek can score or assist, but also bring more balance than Grealish. More like Fred with goals and more final third entries.

18 minutes ago, O said:

His stats are insane for a player who played in a team that finished on 21 points.

DO we need Buendia if we get Sancho? Would love him though as he can play either wing (albeit better on the right) and could be a much better backup 10 to Bruno than anything we currently have, can't imagine he'd cost too much either

11 minutes ago, hdcantona said:

DO we need Buendia if we get Sancho? Would love him though as he can play either wing (albeit better on the right) and could be a much better backup 10 to Bruno than anything we currently have, can't imagine he'd cost too much either

I think he can play RCM in a midfield three if needed. Like how we'd play Grealish at LCM.

Or just simply AM if we stick with 4-2-3-1. Having a backup for Bruno and Sancho of that quality would really elevate us.

Like having a fit Shaqiri on your bench.

We don't just need worldies, but some decent additions to the squad to add depth, I don't want another season of "ffs don't bring him on" 

Apart from the usual "link every player with United" the goal keeping situation could be interesting. 

9 hours ago, O said:

He's nowhere near good enough. He's lazy as fuck and gets easily pushed out of games. Scouting report from my Norwich CONTACT:

Buendia is very talented and creates a lot of chances, but is lightweight and crap at shielding the ball against strong players. Gives the ball away in dangerous areas doing dumb shit, gets tired quickly and not great at tracking back. I think he would be loads better player as a 10 than on the right. If you have a striker that makes good runs/is quick he will set up loads of chances for them.

Grealish is the exact opposite of that. Great at retaining possession, winning fouls and works extremely hard. Put some respect on his name and stop comparing him to this Messi wannabe trash.

1 hour ago, TFIA said:

He's nowhere near good enough. He's lazy as fuck and gets easily pushed out of games. Scouting report from my Norwich CONTACT:

Buendia is very talented and creates a lot of chances, but is lightweight and crap at shielding the ball against strong players. Gives the ball away in dangerous areas doing dumb shit, gets tired quickly and not great at tracking back. I think he would be loads better player as a 10 than on the right. If you have a striker that makes good runs/is quick he will set up loads of chances for them.

Grealish is the exact opposite of that. Great at retaining possession, winning fouls and works extremely hard. Put some respect on his name and stop comparing him to this Messi wannabe trash.

Most chances created in a single month in the history of the league playing for 21 points Norwich.

Smashes every single metric.

But TFIA's contact. Lol.

Max Aarons off to Bayern as well. Buy all the Norwich players.

4 minutes ago, O said:

Most chances created in a single month in the history of the league playing for 21 points Norwich.

Smashes every single metric.

But TFIA's contact. Lol.

Max Aarons off to Bayern as well. Buy all the Norwich players.

Yes playing for a side so bad that there was actually no pressure to do anything. He could do whatever the fuck he wanted.

Still got dropped lmao. What trash. 

Just now, TFIA said:

Yes playing for a side so bad that there was actually no pressure to do anything. He could do whatever the fuck he wanted.

Still got dropped lmao. What trash. 

Top 5 chances created, top 5 tackles made from a midfielder, top 5 dribbles completed.

8 assists.

Maybe Farke pulling shit like that is why Norwich are on 21 points, m8.

5 hours ago, Deez Nutz said:

We don't just need worldies, but some decent additions to the squad to add depth, I don't want another season of "ffs don't bring him on" 

Apart from the usual "link every player with United" the goal keeping situation could be interesting. 

Buying worldies will add to the squad tbf because it pushes current first teamers out of the team. The Sancho signing already means either Greenwood or Rashford become options off the bench.

Ideally we'd sign three top players who could compete for a starting berth immediately. As @TheManc says some of the starting players becoming depth will only improve us. Our policy seems to have been 2-3 big players per summer. 

Holding Midfielder and Left Back are probably two areas we're lacking the most but with Matic, Shaw and Williams all getting new deals of late I can't see there being big investment there. Suspect they'll try and get Fred and McTominay more involved in the deeper position next season too. Probably start a lot of home games.

CB is still a position of weakness, Maguire and Lindelof don't compliment each other well - Too slow. A young pacey CB next to Maguire who can play the ball would be more probable than breaking the bank for a Koulibaly. Kamara, Konate or Upamecano would be my preferred options. Although we'd probably go with the cowardly English/PL options like Ake - Hoping City sign him.

1 hour ago, TFIA said:

Ideally we'd sign three top players who could compete for a starting berth immediately. As @TheManc says some of the starting players becoming depth will only improve us. Our policy seems to have been 2-3 big players per summer. 

Holding Midfielder and Left Back are probably two areas we're lacking the most but with Matic, Shaw and Williams all getting new deals of late I can't see there being big investment there. Suspect they'll try and get Fred and McTominay more involved in the deeper position next season too. Probably start a lot of home games.

CB is still a position of weakness, Maguire and Lindelof don't compliment each other well - Too slow. A young pacey CB next to Maguire who can play the ball would be more probable than breaking the bank for a Koulibaly. Kamara, Konate or Upamecano would be my preferred options. Although we'd probably go with the cowardly English/PL options like Ake - Hoping City sign him.

I think it will be dangerous if we go into the new season without replacing/having decent cover for Matic.

Which means we will definitely go into the new season without replacing/having decent cover for Matic.

10 hours ago, TheManc said:

Skysports know absolutely nothing. They've lost whatever sources they used to have with us.

James Cooper is actually decent I find, he’s usually quite pessimistic but correctly - if Jim white or kaveh or basically anyone else report on something it’s likely bollocks

2 hours ago, TFIA said:

Is this satire?

we finished 33 points from the top

that gap is fucking Huge.

The only way we're gonna close that gap is by adding genuine quality.

Realistically it may take 2/3 transfer windows