2 hours ago, hdcantona said:

Agreed - Jenas gave him MOTM????

I did find this odd as well, though I'm not sure who I would have given it to as I don't think there were many outstanding individual performances. Shaw or Rashford maybe?

I don't think he was bad as such, he played alright. I just think it was a bit of a mixed bag - he got caught in possession/gave away possession a few times and wasn't very dangerous going forward, but also did some good work defensively and won some important challenges, particularly in the lead up to the first goal.

He actually did a lot better defensively than I thought he would have, as it's not exactly a strength of his.

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A cancer in our club, he needs sacking off asap

It’s fine, just need someone alongside him to release his world class potential.

I'd do a straight swap for Buffon. 

1 hour ago, aardvarked said:

A handful of decent performances in recent weeks and you'd think he's been playing at Balon d'Or levels. Pathetic, probably media air time and soundbites paid for by his shitlord agent. Jenas must have been on the payroll to give him motm as well. 

Don't believe the hype.

the club set these up

• 3 months later...

He did make a slow start to the season, but overall he's been very good this season.  Particularly since January time he's really looked up for it, and it's resulting in some great performances.  The way Cavani, Fernandes and Pogba linked up was brilliant.

Starting from the left is undoubtedly his best position by far and is another reason why he's playing so well.  I really do wonder how much attention all of these pundits who continually call for him to play in CM pay to our games.

"With Pogba, the important thing now is to know what United wants, what project they propose to Pogba. Pogba is interested in one thing, winning the Champions League and winning titles, and we are going to see where this is possible, if at United or at other clubs."

"At one time Pogba felt a lot of love and trust from United, and there were several other clubs… Later, it is very difficult for United and Madrid to understand each other for a great transfer, because strong clubs do not want to sell strong players to other strong clubs. And I'm not going to fool him, for Pogba playing for Madrid was always a very attractive thing for Zidane too. He is his idol as a young man."

Is it possible now? (going to Real Madrid)

"I do not know. I think that nothing is impossible, but football depends on the day. As it is. And you have to be flexible to think of all the possibilities. What if Madrid wants to make a Hazard-Pogba change tomorrow? It is just an example. And if all four parties like it, why not?"

Raiola.....again.

7 hours ago, TheManc said:

He's not wrong though - he's basically saying Pogba wants what all of us want, which is a Summer where we show our intent to climb up a level.

Not with this squad we won't. There's the makings of a decent team here but we need to fill at least three positions to even think of a serious title challenge. That will cost  and if we have to sell before we can buy, we'll be treading water.

37 minutes ago, Albert Quixall said:

Not with this squad we won't. There's the makings of a decent team here but we need to fill at least three positions to even think of a serious title challenge. That will cost  and if we have to sell before we can buy, we'll be treading water.

I think that's what Raiola is getting at. He wants us to show we can win the PL/CL by buying better players.

Thought he was really poor against Roma again when he played deeper, but he was good again today playing further forward.

Considering the form and attitude we've seen from him throughout his time here I'll never be completely convinced or trust that we'll continue to see this, but there's no doubt that he's had a good season. He's been very good since January in particular.

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, JJtheRed said:

Dat spin 

All else aside: He’s not wrong. We need to sort our midfield. 

“…I would like to play more offensive [laughs]. To score fifteen goals per season is what I would like,” Pogba stressed.

He got plenty of opportunities to do that before Bruno arrived and done fuck all.

He's a disgrace. The worst character to ever grace this club along with his fellow French coward Martial. 

Addition by subtraction. Both of them. Terrible influence on any young players to have these wasters around.