O

2019/2020: PL Matchday 35 - Man Utd vs Southampton

1 minute ago, TheManc said:

Ole's got to tinker will soon. Wonder how he's gonna do it? I reckon we'll do the same team again for this and rest in both the Palace and West Ham games.

I think the same.

6 minutes ago, JJtheRed said:

3-0

I think they'll give us a scare. They can actually punish us if we're not at it, which Villa couldn't tonight.

Ings, Armstrong and Bednarek in good form.

Still expect a win. Maybe only 1-0.

He will make changes in this game IMO. Probably more comfortable to do it at home. Greenwood just went in to my FF team so he's probably out. I'd bring in Bailly and McTominay for Lindelof and Matic. 

They're the best team we've played since the restart. In great form. Ings is a savage.

Hello. I've been away, whats changed do we all still hate one another and think Ole is a PE Teacher? 

Cool. Good. Class. 

Anyway, it's nice to enjoy and look forward to watching United play again aint it? 

Either way, i still have that nagging feeling we'll slip up against a team we probably shouldn't be slipping up against but perhaps thats a kinda feeling ingrained inside a United fan when Fergie got a bit softer post 08 Champions League. 

Southampton have been much improved post lockdown and our defence still doesn't seem like the most stable especially De Gea who seems to be a bit less focused when he has less to do (i mean come on Dave you've deserved these lazy days at work for years now the least you could do is put in a bit of effort when you're needed) Ings will probably target Lindeloff who seems like a bit of a weak link when ran at, Bournemouth targeted him effectively. 

However they're not as good as us, they don't have our from and they probably wont be able to hang with our midfield and forward dominance.

I think we'll win but we'll also concede, monday honestly can't come soon enough!!   

5 hours ago, TFIA said:

Will have City’s CL verdict before kick off. May actually influence the team selection.We’re essentially 7 points clear of Wolves. If 5th is in then we’re in. 

16 minutes ago, O said:

Pressure is on tomorrow night.

I think we'll win. West Ham away is where we might falter.

we will win all the way!  the only game we could lose is either the semi or the final against city.  No way Lampard will be beaten 4 times by ole in one season! 

11 minutes ago, natimanu said:

we will win all the way!  the only game we could lose is either the semi or the final against city.  No way Lampard will be beaten 4 times by ole in one season! 

🤔

On 10/07/2020 at 09:33, TFIA said:

He will make changes in this game IMO. Probably more comfortable to do it at home. Greenwood just went in to my FF team so he's probably out. I'd bring in Bailly and McTominay for Lindelof and Matic. 

They're the best team we've played since the restart. In great form. Ings is a savage.

No changes now. 

Southampton can be awkward, but this really is our opportunity to jump into 3rd place. Fantastic win for Bournemouth over Leicester and great win by Sheffield United the day before over Chelsea. 

I hope the lads were keeping an eye on this weekends results and are now relishing the opportunity. This is their first real test in terms of what our seasons Cup games will bring and our chance to show we are ready to go on and compete next season, we've done the hard work with great results in games we've notoriously struggled in pre Fernandes now we need to go on. 

Alot will decry a draw but to be fair with how well Southampton have been doing it may not be the worst result if any game is going to be our banana skin I'd say a draw against Southampton is pretty good damage limitation. 

yeah this is the biggest test so far to see if we're mentally stronger now, or if this good form is just part of a boom/bust cycle. 

Start like we did against Villa or defend like we did against Bournemouth and things will be tricky.

United results following/on same day as a Chelsea setback in PL this year: Lost, Lost, Lost, Drew, Drew. They’ve really struggled to capitalise on their rivals dropping points. Tomorrow against an in form Southampton a real test of their mettle then. Opportunity knocks #mufc

I think we'll win due to the amount of match winners we have.

Width will be important, as Southampton play a narrow 4-4-2. So Williams instead of Shaw would be a welcome change. We need numbers in the final third.

Our defenders have to be switched on. Ings has been pretty ruthless this season, and Redmond can be a real handful when he's at it. But AWB should relish marking him. He might end up switching to the right if AWB frustrates him.

We'll probably concede a goal, so 2-1 is a likely score.

20 minutes ago, PVAD said:

Leaked Team

Unchanged for the 5th match in a row 😉 ☺ 

Well, with the 16 or whatever allowance for subs is the Norm these days, he can replace players as they knacker out.