O

If you could experience the career of one player, who would it be?

Lots of players have decorated or long careers, while others have faced more rocky roads. I'm sure everyone would love to experience the career of a professional footballer.

For me, it's David Villa.

He started out playing for his local club, Sporting Gijón, where he made a name for himself in lower Spanish divisions before joining La Liga outfit Real Zaragoza, and then eventually Valencia where he became a club legend. He won The Copa del Rey with both clubs and earned a move to Barcelona. He won everything possible with Barcelona and scored a world class goal against United in the 2011 CL final (3-1 win), just short of a year after firing Spain to World Cup glory in July 2010. He then joined Atlético in 2013 and won La Liga again while also reaching another CL final. After that, he left Spain for America and went on to dominate The MLS for 4 seasons while living in New York. Finally, he ended his career by playing in Japan for a season with Andrés Iniesta. He's now become an investor in a Queens based football club in New York since retiring last year.

• Played for his local team
  • Won silverware with 4 different La Liga clubs
  • Top goalscorer at a World Cup
  • World Cup winner
  • Scored in a Champions League final and won it
  • All time top goalscorer for Spain
  • Chairman of his own football club
  • Lived in cities such as Valencia, Barcelona, Madrid, Melbourne, New York and Kobe (Japan). And he's not even 40 yet!

19 minutes ago, aardvarked said:

One of the greatest players of all time and his most iconic moment is losing his temper and costing his country a world cup

kek

In France his most iconic moment would probably actually be the two goals he scored that helped win them a World Cup in 98. And his out of the world, an another level to everyone on the pitch performance against Brazil in that same World Cup.

Del Piero.

Grew up idolizing him.

Won everything there is to win, stayed in the same club for 19 years, been with the same woman since 1999 and from what I've seen he's an extremely down to earth and humble dude.

He wore the #10 jersey at Juventus while playing with Zidane, I mean that's the level of talent the dude possessed on top scoring a ton of important goals in his career.

Also, what an extremely good looking dude as well... Fucking hell.

5 minutes ago, Burns92 said:

Del Piero.

Grew up idolizing him.

Won everything there is to win, stayed in the same club for 19 years, been with the same woman since 1999 and from what I've seen he's an extremely down to earth and humble dude.

He wore the #10 jersey at Juventus while playing with Zidane, I mean that's the level of talent the dude possessed on top scoring a ton of important goals in his career.

Also, what an extremely good looking dude as well... Fucking hell.

That ligament tear though.

Villa broke his leg too. I’d imagine anyone picking these guys haven’t had these injuries. Nightmarish.

7 hours ago, TFIA said:

Villa broke his leg too. I’d imagine anyone picking these guys haven’t had these injuries. Nightmarish.

I've broken my arm and wrist at the same time, and still completed MGS Snake Eater with just one hand.

Busquets.

Played the best position in world football, was part of some of the best teams in history (Spain and Barcelona), won everything there is to win, and then went and won it again. Stayed away from the spotlight off the pitch, he never has interviews, news about him, goes on about his life relaxed, has a family, and that's all he does when he's not playing. 

He may be a cunt sometimes on the pitch, but that's not big deal for me, in the end he's never had any problems with opponents etc, and rivals in general talk great about him. 

He has always played for the team he loves, there is never a doubt or a word about him leaving or anything like that because there is not even the slightest doubt he will stay with the club. He is super quiet off the pitch as I said and when he retires he will not be heard of, unless he choses to be a coach or manager, which I don't see him being (unless it's coaching kids). 

He's also one of the most inteligent footballers that have played the game in my opinion, and he does it all without having any special physical attributes.

Plus fuck scoring goals.

So many United fans and so few United choices. For me it’s Beckham.

After the pain and hate I received after the WC v Argentina to come back and pull off that 99 treble season must have been unreal.

Also the guy who delivered those two corners in Barcelona against Bayern. Scored in a 1-0 win to beat Liverpool at home - an unbelievable feeling I’m sure. Sweet, sweet strike too.

Would love to be able to deliver the ball on a button. Come through on the class of 92. Fulfil my ambition to play for United as a fan. Play alongside Keane and be managed by SAF even if I had to take a boot to the face.

Also play for Real, Milan (another club I’d have a soft spot for years ago), Paris and LA. Played with Zlatan, Ronaldo, Zidane and plenty more too.

Very few injuries too and know that I’d have gotten the absolute best out of my talents. Shame I’d have a girly voice but you can’t win them all. I’d stick the ball in the top corner and who would give a fuck?

5 hours ago, O said:

I've broken my arm and wrist at the same time, and still completed MGS Snake Eater with just one hand.

That’s only a nightmare if you have to wank with the weak hand.

A challenge but I get there.

21 hours ago, TFIA said:

It's harsh I know, but that's a price you should be willing to pay considering the lifestyle you get to experience.

Zlatan tore his ligament too, but given a choice not many people would decline experiencing what he has had.

I mean this could be a bit anecdotal but if you think about it, the number of top, top players who have had serious career threatening injuries is more than them who have not had one.

12 hours ago, Albert Quixall said:

George Best. The highs and the lows.

Haha, 

That ,,lows"' .......

back to the topic

Toti for some reasons . The loyalty to the Club is a quality of any footballer . Toti was a great player and loyal man. 

another player to mention is Pele . 

No Corona virus at that times ,no AIDS ,no VAR ,no modern football ,no TV coverages  .Crowd of brilliant footballlers around, samba  etc. 

Ok I am not a God ,so ican't experience his football life . 

Mario Zagalo\s career . Not so imressive winger ,but a key player of WC winner .Later on great coach with genious solutions. 

He assembled a great team from crowd of 10"s  and won a WC .