Sign in to follow this  
O

Players we might not have seen at Euro 2020

With the postponement and shifting of Euro 2020 to June 2021, it ha given some of Europe's best youngsters an extra year to stake a claim for a place in the official squads.

England:

Aaron Ramsdale - GK - 21 years old - Bournemouth

He has become their #1 GK this season, so like Dean Henderson, he will be looking to challenge Jordan Pickford and Nick Pope for a place in the squad.

Bukayo Saka - LW/LB - 18 years old - Arsenal

Having been converted to a LB this season, he has registered 9 assists for Arsenal this season. He will be looking to push Luke Shaw to become Ben Chilwell's backup.

Reece James - RB/RWB - 20 years old - Chelsea

He has made himself a starting XI regular under Frank Lampard. Unfortunately for him, he has TAA and AWB to contend with. But he is like a hybrid of both players.

Phil Foden - AM/RW - 19 years old - Man City 

He's found regular starts hard to find under Pep Guardiola, but has still managed to scored 3 goals & provide 7 assists this season. David Silva's successor. 

Callum Hudson-Odoi - RW/LW - 19 years old - Chelsea

He already has 2 England caps, but it's been a season of niggling injures and illness fro CHO. He is as talented as any England wide forward.

Mason Greenwood - ST/RF - 18 years old - Man Utd

12 goals already during his first full season as a professional. He could be looking at an understudy role like Ronaldo de Lima at the 1994 World Cup.

Netherlands:

Owen Wijndal - LB/LWB - 20 years old - AZ Alkmaar

A part of the current talented AZ squad who are pushing Ajax all the way. 8 assists so far this season. He might be the regular Dutch LB by 2021.

Teun Koopmeiners - DM/CB - 22 years old - AZ Alkmaar

The captain of AZ already, and just turned 22. He is an expert penalty taker. 16 goals & 3 assists this season.

Ryan Gravenberch - CM/DM - 17 years old - Ajax

Described by some as a Paul Pogba regen. He's already a regular part of the Ajax 1st team squad. 9 goals & 5 assists between Ajax and Jong Ajax this season.

Mohamed Ihattaren - AM/RW - 18 years old - PSV Eindhoven

A part of the same talented Dutch 2002 group as Ryan Gravenberch. He's already a key player for PSV. 7 goals & 9 assists this season.

Justin Kluivert - LW/RW - 20 years old - AS Roma

He already made his debut in 2018, but has just 2 caps in total. Finding his feet at Roma this season. 7 goals & 2 assists up to now.

Myron Boadu - ST - 19 years old - AZ Alkmaar

He would likely have been leading the line this summer due to Memphis Depay & Donyell Malen's injuries. 20 goals & 13 assists for AZ this season.

France:

Alban Lafont - GK - 21 years old - FC Nantes

150+ senior career appearances as a GK at just 21. With Hugo Lloris's injuries and loss of form & Steve Mandanda pushing 35, he might be in with a chance.

Dayot Upamecano - CB - 21 years old - RB Leipzig

Strongly linked with a move to Bayern due to his performances for RB this season, he could replace crocked Samuel Umtitti as Rapahel Varane's new long term CB partner.

Eduardo Camavinga - DM/CM - 17 years old - Rennes FC

Haven't seen a midfield freak like him since Clarence Seedorf. He's been bossing Ligue 1 games at just 17! Most tackles made in the league this season. 

Houssem Aouar - CM/AM/LM - 21 years old - Olympique Lyon

Lyon's star man and potentially the most gifted French midfielder since Paul Pogba. 9 goals & 7 assists from the maestro.

Christopher Nkunku - AM/LM - 22 years old - RB Leipzig

Tired of being a squad player at PSG, he moved to Germany and has never looked back. 4 goals & 15 assists already this season. 

Odsonne Édouard - ST - 22 years old - Celtic FC

11 goals from 6 games for France U21. 27 goals & 19 assists for The Celts this season. Ideal replacement for Olivier Giroud who will be almost 35 by the end of Euro 2021.

Spain:

Marc Cucurella - 21 years old - LM/LB - Getafe CF

Captain of Spain U21. Barcelona sold him to Getafe with a rumoured buy back option. Jordi Alba is getting older, so he is in with a chance at LB.

Óscar Rodríguez - 21 years old - AM - CD Leganés (on loan from Real Madrid)

Enjoying his 2nd season loan at Leganés, he has scored 7 goals & provided 2 assists in a struggling side. Might move to a mid-table club next season.

Ferran Torres - 20 years old - RM/LM - Valencia CF

Already a key player at Valencia, and a local lad too. 6 goals & 7 assists this season so far this season.

Dani Olmo - 21 years old - AM/LW/RW - RB Leipzig

Spain's key man at the last U21 Euro's, and he scored on his Spain debut last time out. He moved to Germany from Croatia in January. Potential key man by 2021.

Ander Barrenetxea - 18 years old - LW - Real Sociedad

A part of a very talented Sociedad squad. He made his breakthrough this season. He has impressed in The Copa del Rey (3 goals & 2 assists).

Ansu Fati - 17 years old - LW/ST - FC Barcelona

Barcelona's latest protégé will be 18 by the time of the tournament next year. He's already breaking records at Barcelona.

Wales:

Neco Williams - 18 years old - RB - Liverpool

Has shone in their cup games and imo now could well end up starting there next summer, or at the very least pressuring Swansea's Conner Roberts

Ben Cabango - 19 years old - CB - Swansea 

Developing a partnership with a squad cert Joe Rodon - an exciting CB, the Swansea defence (according to my mate at least) seems way better when he is in it, plenty of time to get experience and (coronavirus aside) I think Rodon will leave swansea in the summer window, so he could step up to be their 'numero uno' - personally love him as he spent time in the Cymru Premier last year lol

35 minutes ago, hdcantona said:

Wales:

Neco Williams - 18 years old - RB - Liverpool

Has shone in their cup games and imo now could well end up starting there next summer, or at the very least pressuring Swansea's Conner Roberts

Ben Cabango - 19 years old - CB - Swansea 

Developing a partnership with a squad cert Joe Rodon - an exciting CB, the Swansea defence (according to my mate at least) seems way better when he is in it, plenty of time to get experience and (coronavirus aside) I think Rodon will leave swansea in the summer window, so he could step up to be their 'numero uno' - personally love him as he spent time in the Cymru Premier last year lol

Neco has looked good, yeah.

He need to move away from Liverpool though, as TAA will be there for 12+ years.

Although TAA could become a RCM in a midfield three.

From United, Henderson has another year to push out Pickford. He would have gone but probably not played if it was this Summer. I doubt it but I wonder if Tuanzebe can push himself into the squad at least? I don't think Williams would have made the squad but he now has a chance too.

England are really stacked at RB with James, AWB, TAA and Trippier. 

23 minutes ago, TheManc said:

From United, Henderson has another year to push out Pickford. He would have gone but probably not played if it was this Summer. I doubt it but I wonder if Tuanzebe can push himself into the squad at least? I don't think Williams would have made the squad but he now has a chance too.

England are really stacked at RB with James, AWB, TAA and Trippier. 

Henderson could probably have been starting by June if the season was still running.

I thought Tomori would be partnering Maguire a few months ago. But he has fallen down the pecking order since December. Not sure why, as he was doing well.

Max Aarons is another good English RB prospect. Stacked indeed.