Sign in to follow this  
PVAD

Post Ferguson Signings

Interesting article breaking down the performances of all the signings since Ferguson.

Fernandes in his short time at the club is the probably the best already but special mention goes out to Romero..Fellaini who divided opinion is highly rated also.

Shit load of massive name flops though...Di Maria [cunt] Falcao and Lol Sanchez the fuck. Pogba has to be in that bracket too never consistently shown it here.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-unted-transfer-news-signings-17955254.amp

2 hours ago, THE BASTARD said:

Be hard pressed to be any worse that Mykhatarian.    Absolute bag 'o' wank. 

Saved Mourinho's job with his performances in The League Cup (2 games, 3 assists) and The Europa League (6 goals, including the final).

Like Fred, he was treated terribly by Mourinho. 

3 hours ago, O said:

Saved Mourinho's job with his performances in The League Cup (2 games, 3 assists) and The Europa League (6 goals, including the final).

Look, he was bobbins.   Simple as.

7 hours ago, O said:

Great debating skills there.

I know how to close what actually isnt and never should be up for debate.    Hyped beyond belief before he signed and bombed badly.  And managed to be even worse at Arsenal.

16 hours ago, O said:

He was a lightweight. A bit like kagawa wasn't suited to the Pl. German football allows certain players to look like worldbeaters when they actually arent.

4 hours ago, O said:

Poorly. Very average now. The move to United broke him.

Was he ever that good though? Always struck me as a plodding midfielder and nothing more than an average pl player. The kind we recruited because we couldn't get the calibre we were used to getting.

7 hours ago, John Locke said:

He was a lightweight. A bit like kagawa wasn't suited to the Pl. German football allows certain players to look like worldbeaters when they actually arent.

Was he ever that good though? Always struck me as a plodding midfielder and nothing more than an average pl player. The kind we recruited because we couldn't get the calibre we were used to getting.

Sounds like a Brexiteer view. Zie Germans put Chelsea and Spurs to the sword only a few weeks ago. Kagawa only got 1 year under Ferguson tbf. So we'll never know how he would have done after settling in under a stable regime. Dortmund players and players in general all seem to elevate their game in Klopp's systems. I bet that a few of the Liverpool players will decline if they ever make a move to Real, Barcelona, etc.

He was good at Southampton. Box to box. Did a bit of everything. Was getting multiple caps for France. He should have been akin to signing Mané or van Dijk, but he turned out to like Lovren. Now he's nowhere near his Southampton level after dropping back to down to a midtable side. His confidence must be shattered. We were signing Mata, di María, Schweinsteiger and Pogba between 2014-2016, so I don't think it had anything to do with not being able to obtain a certain calibre.

25 minutes ago, O said:

Sounds like a Brexiteer view. Zie Germans put Chelsea and Spurs to the sword only a few weeks ago. Kagawa only got 1 year under Ferguson tbf. So we'll never know how he would have done after settling in under a stable regime.

Bayern are always good but I'm talking about overall depth of league. You're referring to RB but spurs have absolutely tanked this season. 

Kagawa and mkhitaryan have both been poor since leaving united. That can't be  all our fault as theyre still not at  theoretically past their prime. Other players like evra, blind, di maria etc left and still went on to perform at a high level.

32 minutes ago, O said:

Dortmund players and players in general all seem to elevate their game in Klopp's systems. I bet that a few of the Liverpool players will decline if they ever make a move to Real, Barcelona, etc.

I don't doubt klopp could get more out of players but we and other teams dont play that way and you only have to see the difference with bruno what kind of performance is attainable at united (even a struggling united) from an attacking midfield role.

Just now, John Locke said:

Bayern are always good but I'm talking about overall depth of league. You're referring to RB but spurs have absolutely tanked this season. 

Kagawa and mkhitaryan have both been poor since leaving united. That can't be  all our fault as theyre still not at  theoretically past their prime. Other players like evra, blind, di maria etc left and still went on to perform at a high level.

The Bundeliga is probably as even as it's been since the days when Werder Bremen, Stuttgart and Wolfsburg were winning it. Bayern, RB, BVB and Gladbach are all good sides.

Not entirely true. Kagawa went back to Dortmund and did well for a few years. Mkhitaryan is playing very well for Roma this season. Like I said, it's more a case of Dortmund players not adapting to life after Klopp than Bundesliga players as a whole.

And Mkhitaryan still provided 22 goals and 24 assists during his time under two very unstable regimes at United and Arsenal. I agree that he wasn't the same player he was during his final season at Dortmund, but they built the team around him. He was just one of many big players at United and Arsenal. Kind of like how Rui Costa went from being a superstar at Fiorentina to just one of many at AC Milan after moving clubs.

Evra was poor after leaving United btw. Squad player at Juventus. Poor at United in his finals years too.

There does some to be some history of players leaving BVB and failing to live up to expectation, but I think some of that is coincidental. I don't think Mkhitaryan was bad anyway, just average overall in a team where nobody shined. 

On 22/03/2020 at 18:06, TheManc said:

There does some to be some history of players leaving BVB and failing to live up to expectation, but I think some of that is coincidental. I don't think Mkhitaryan was bad anyway, just average overall in a team where nobody shined. 

I wonder if it might be more of a case where the league itself and the style of play is just better suited to their games. I don't think it's Dortmund themselves. Some players just don't thrive in the Premier League, remember Seba Veron.