Sign in to follow this  
Mickey Mouse

Flowers of Manchester

36 minutes ago, haggler said:

Think how many titles we would have by now if not for Munich.

And European cups. My dad was fond of saying that we would have picked up that pot by 1960 - even with the great Real Madrid team of that era, had Munich not happened. Santiago Bernabeau believed it. Real Madrid offered help after Munich, as did Liverpool. We tend to forget these things but the league - under that shit Hardaker - rebuffed any help from Real and went as far as barring us from entering the 1958-59 competition after UEFA extended an invitation.

On 07/02/2020 at 03:25, Albert Quixall said:

And European cups. My dad was fond of saying that we would have picked up that pot by 1960 - even with the great Real Madrid team of that era, had Munich not happened. Santiago Bernabeau believed it. Real Madrid offered help after Munich, as did Liverpool. We tend to forget these things but the league - under that shit Hardaker - rebuffed any help from Real and went as far as barring us from entering the 1958-59 competition after UEFA extended an invitation.

Who was he?

Edit: found this article and its follow ups to explain what happened:

http://thepeoplesperson.com/2015/02/06/the-munich-air-disaster-part-i-tragedy-befalls-man-uniteds-busby-babes-191/

Edited by utd4life