Sign in to follow this  
ALF

Bruno Fernandes 2019/20

The Portuguese League is what it is so he'll need time to adjust. 

The only thing that will go against him is the general morose around the club. He's not coming to a buoyant club so I hope his own form is not affected.

Give him time...but literally counting down the time when some twat gives him grief in the match day threads. Not saying he will beyond reproach because all players are under scrutiny.. 

..be nice to give the new guy a period of grace... 😉 

Criminal that it wasn't done in the summer but alas he's a quality player. Hopefully he can adjust quickly but it wouldn't shock me if we don't see the best of him until next season. 

Immediately slots into the team as Andreas and Lingard are the two worst players in football so he literally can't not improve us. Can bring some end product and will actually take a fucking shot. 

4 minutes ago, TFIA said:

Criminal that it wasn't done in the summer but alas he's a quality player. Hopefully he can adjust quickly but it wouldn't shock me if we don't see the best of him until next season. 

Immediately slots into the team as Andreas, Fred and Lingard are the two worst players in football so he literally can't not improve us. Can bring some end product and will actually take a fucking shot. 

I had to fix it

15 minutes ago, TheManc said:

First game will have to be out of position as a deeper CM right? Since Matic is suspended.

I could be wrong but I think I remember hearing that suspensions only happen in the competitions you got the cards in so he'll miss the next league cup game rather then the Wolves game. Although not sure if it then moves on to the league if your knocked out of the cup in that same game. Could be dreaming this up though 🤷‍♂️😂

3 hours ago, TFIA said:

Immediately slots into the team as Andreas and Lingard are the two worst players in football so he literally can't not improve us. Can bring some end product and will actually take a fucking shot. 

I admire your optimism but this club has a nasty habit of turning good players into shit ones. Maybe if we get a new manager come summer things will be all right. But where does this leave Pogba, assuming we hang onto him?

Yeah @TheManc I'm full of shit man hahaha, the rule change is about yellow cards only counting for the same competition but reds carry over to the next game regardless so he's suspended. I imagine if he does start or comes on he'll probably play as an interchangeable number 10/8 with Andreas

bit of positive news- stats look like he's decent prospect & could make an impact!

Hard to be too positive though, should of been here in summer or early January at latest,  more mis-management by whoever is responsible for handling all this

1 hour ago, rezzy said:

If he doesnt score a brace on his debut, i'll fuckin riot.

He'd be lucky to touch the ball twice, let alone score 2 goals.

2 hours ago, O said:

He'd be lucky to touch the ball twice, let alone score 2 goals.

First touch is a miscontrol, second is a two footer trying to recover the ball. Red card. Gone for 3 games.

It's quite obvious he's been signed to replace Pogba.

Explains why were linked with him in the summer without ever making it happen. We were seeing if Madrid would pay up but have accepted now that Pogba isn't worth keeping around and will go in the summer - We've probably signed him knowing that the deal will be paid for by Pogba leaving. Hilarious how people are hyping up them playing alongside each other, we won't see it for more than a few months if that cunt ever returns. Also don't think they'll mesh at all.

The midfield as it is has actually been nicely balanced with Matic returning. Fernandes slots in right in front of Matic/McT/Fred and it should work. While we do need more depth there are now far more pressing areas to address. Still need even more creativity and Martial should not be long for this club. He's a disgrace.

Shaw, Pogba and Martial were the problem child's Mourinho identified. They still are. We've replaced one.