Sign in to follow this  
O

When?

What year will Manchester United win their next Premier League title?  

21 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What year?

• 2030+
    • NEVER (doom)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/01/20 at 23:59

1 minute ago, U4L said:

Would be a massive upheveal to do 2023, more likely to be longer much longer. 

I think it will be at least 10 years.

And it will require the club being sold, Woodward being removed from all football related matters, and appointing the right manager.

Most likely a lot more lows to come before things get better.

But, we should take heart from what Liverpool have been able to do. They sold Suárez and Sterling in 2014 and 2015, and lost Gerrard to retirement. Yet were able to reach a CL final just 3 years later thanks to good recruitment and coaching.

There's no end in sight but it's hard to put a time on it. I don't think we ever will with the current regime. We'll probably have a few "next year is our year" seasons though.

Edited by TheManc

19 minutes ago, TheManc said:

There's no end in sight but it's hard to put a time on it. I don't think we ever will with the current regime. We'll probably have a few "next year is our year" seasons though.

At least that means we’re getting closer. Like those cunts. 

My heart says 3-4 seasons. That would require some transformation of biblical proportions. My head says in 10 years minimum. Hell let's be in a position to challenge for second again, never mind thinking of the title.

The earth isn’t going to survive eco-fascism so we only have about 30-40 years left.

This club will be relegated before it wins anything unless there’s a change of ownership. The Saudi’s may win it but I’ll be long done with football and/or life at that point.

1 hour ago, TFIA said:

The earth isn’t going to survive eco-fascism so we only have about 30-40 years left.

This club will be relegated before it wins anything unless there’s a change of ownership. The Saudi’s may win it but I’ll be long done with football and/or life at that point.

You must be fun at parties.

1 hour ago, O said:

But, we should take heart from what Liverpool have been able to do.

It's what Liverpool weren't able to do for 3 decades that brings about such doommungary from the fan base.

We need to show the patience now to make it happen in the next few years. We will be in a good place by 2023.

10 minutes ago, Ross said:

It's what Liverpool weren't able to do for 3 decades that brings about such doommungary from the fan base.

We need to show the patience now to make it happen in the next few years. We will be in a good place by 2023.

Is Ole still the manager in 2023? ;)

1 minute ago, O said:

Is Ole still the manager in 2023? 😉

Providing we see reasonable progress in 21 and 22 yes. And I hope that's the case.

6 minutes ago, Ross said:

Providing we see reasonable progress in 21 and 22 yes. And I hope that's the case.

I can't see it. Between Woodward and Ole, we are out of our depth.

6 minutes ago, O said:

I can't see it. Between Woodward and Ole, we are out of our depth.

Ole has had a fucking tough season!

Put Rashford, Pogba and McTom in the team yesterday? Different story.

17 hours ago, O said:

GettyImages-168609279.jpg

Just look at 6 of those players in that pic. Disaster Smalling, Calamity Jones, Mercurial Nani, Reckless Rafael, Bit part player Hernandez and Kagawa (say no more)

Point I'm making is Ferguson somehow galvanised that 2013 squad and with Van Persie extracted every drop of blood, sweat and tears to win that title.

Until a manager is appointed that has similar skill sets in getting 8/10 out of existing average players, gets 5 or 6 very good players signed and gets them playing well we are as Tyrion Lannister put it "the immediate problem is that we're fucked"

Edited by PVAD

1 hour ago, PVAD said:

Point I'm making is Ferguson somehow galvanised that 2013 squad and with Van Persie extracted every drop of blood, sweat and tears to win that title.

Who else could have done that? Thank god he did and I am sure he knew it was his only chance of going out on top and needed to retire that year. For Fergie not to retire on top would be hard to take surely. 

God bless the Auld Yin

On 20/01/2020 at 18:53, TFIA said:

Maybe we should start polluting more actually bring on climate change faster that its the only way to save us all from this misery.

On 20/01/2020 at 23:02, PVAD said:

Just look at 6 of those players in that pic. Disaster Smalling, Calamity Jones, Mercurial Nani, Reckless Rafael, Bit part player Hernandez and Kagawa (say no more)

Until a manager is appointed that has similar skill sets in getting 8/10 out of existing average players, gets 5 or 6 very good players signed and gets them playing well we are as Tyrion Lannister put it "the immediate problem is that we're fucked"

Would have won in 2014 and 2015, 2016 had SAF stayed as I feel RVP had least 2 more excellent seasons in him had SAF stayed instead he got Moyes as manager and fell of the cliff.

As I had always assumed SAF would become the winningest  manager in the whole of Britain in terms of league titles as Bill Struth has (18 all with Rangers in Scotland: with only 4 of those coming after World War II) while SAF has 16 or 17 (if city ever gets disqualified for obvious reasons; 3 of those with Aberdeen in Scotland and the rest with Manchester United)

Edited by Mickey Mouse

As much as Solskjaer & co. have done a great job in lowering the expectations- resigning UTD fans to a decade of mediocracy 

I don’t get all the pessimism?  

Yeah, been horrifically managed in the last 18 months (title may always have been a struggle this season but should never of been allowed to slip this low) but all UTD need is the right manager & 1/2 decent transfer windows & why shouldn’t they be right back in the mix?

Aardvarked?   Why not?   

it’s not as complicated as made out -  seems loads of UTD fans are buying into this cultural re-set / decade long rebuild bullshit

right manager, (I.e. experienced/ambitious, not one that lowers the expectations/benchmark from day one) & a sensible couple of transfer windows (I.e. don’t let point winning players go unless you have replacements).  Why shouldn’t we back in the mix?

25 minutes ago, CB78 said:

Aardvarked?   Why not?   

it’s not as complicated as made out -  seems loads of UTD fans are buying into this cultural re-set / decade long rebuild bullshit

right manager, (I.e. experienced/ambitious, not one that lowers the expectations/benchmark from day one) & a sensible couple of transfer windows (I.e. don’t let point winning players go unless you have replacements).  Why shouldn’t we back in the mix?

We are at least 4 starting XI players away from being close to the top 4 on a regular basis, let alone challenging for the title.

8 minutes ago, O said:

We are at least 4 starting XI players away from being close to the top 4 on a regular basis, let alone challenging for the title.

Not sure I agree with that?  Don’t think we’re as far away as made out- 4/5 strong signings this summer & I think we’re back in the mix

bigger question for me is can this management team (manager & owners) attract & get them in quick.  

28 minutes ago, CB78 said:

Not sure I agree with that?  Don’t think we’re as far away as made out- 4/5 strong signings this summer & I think we’re back in the mix

bigger question for me is can this management team (manager & owners) attract & get them in quick.  

We’ve been saying that for years.

We can only sign 3 quality players at max per Summer transfer window. And they would all need to be major successes.

LvG and Mourinho attracted big name players and youngsters with potential. They had a wealth of experience. It still didn’t matter.

The club is in a very bad way, and we won’t be back at the top for a very, very long time.