O

2019/2020: PL Matchday 23 - Liverpool vs Man Utd

There hasnt been such a gulf in quality since the mid 80's.

The Dirties are vastly superior in every single area. On the pitch and off it.

Any other tactic other than parking the bus will see us bummed severely.  It would be the potting shed scene from the film "Scum" revisited.

Keeping it to less than 3 or 4 would be considered respectable.  I fear for Bindelof and Maguire.

In summary. A thourough Dickin.

9 hours ago, THE BASTARD said:

There hasnt been such a gulf in quality since the mid 80's.

Even then, we usually managed to get a result. We fucked their treble dream up in 1977, did them again in 1979, and again in 1985, all in games where it counted. Now the FA Cup is an annoying distraction for many. Maybe we can raise our game at Anfield and finally become the type of team we used to hate.

5 hours ago, Albert Quixall said:

Even then, we usually managed to get a result. We fucked their treble dream up in 1977, did them again in 1979, and again in 1985, all in games where it counted. Now the FA Cup is an annoying distraction for many. Maybe we can raise our game at Anfield and finally become the type of team we used to hate.

Of course Alf.   But all cup matches.  In the league they were tough to beat.

Just now, THE BASTARD said:

Of course Alf.   But all cup matches.  In the league they were tough to beat.

We didn't beat them often in the league, especially at their place, but hardly anyone ever did. We beat them often enough at home, even when we were on our way to the 2nd Division. Best one I can remember is in late 1972 when O'Farrell was manager. It all kicked off before the start when the Stretford End charged across the pitch and attacked the Scousers in the Scoreboard End. The plod lost control and brought on horses. I've tried to find footage of that but there's none to be found. There's a bit of the game on the video starting at 3:18, but just the goals from Wyn Davies and Ted MacDougall.

We will win 1-2

Liverpools goal will come in the last 10 mins when they are all out attack trying to recover the game. But we will hold out until they run out of time.

Don't know why we're so pessimistic given our record against the top sides. I'd still predict defeat but not by a huge margin. I know we're expected to be the prophet's of doom before every game but still.

8 hours ago, John Locke said:

Don't know why we're so pessimistic given our record against the top sides. I'd still predict defeat but not by a huge margin. I know we're expected to be the prophet's of doom before every game but still.

It’s Anfield. We struggled there under Ferguson too.

14 hours ago, Ross said:

We will win 1-2

Liverpools goal will come in the last 10 mins when they are all out attack trying to recover the game. But we will hold out until they run out of time.

There isn’t a chance in hell we find ourselves 2-0 up in this game. They’re too good.

Like Owenzy says, I absolutely hate this fixture - simply too much riding on it to ever enjoy it even when we’d still cruise to a league title.

I’d give my left nut to beat them and plant even the smallest seed of doubt in them.

Would hope we see a few guys stand up and be counted here. Leave one on them nice and early, preferably that rat Robertson. Trench fucking warfare....we need to make it a battle and hope a bit of luck goes our way. I can handle defeat provide we show some fight and go down swinging. Too often, we limp our way to a pathetic defeat.

17 hours ago, Ross said:

We will win 1-2

That can only be excessive real ale talking.    But i'll get the next round if your right Kemp.🤗

50 minutes ago, TFIA said:

They will beat us by 5 goals.

These games are always tight affairs, with the occasional freak result.

I think Liverpool will win 2-1. But by far the better team.

4 hours ago, O said:

These games are always tight affairs, with the occasional freak result.

I think Liverpool will win 2-1. But by far the better team.

Hmm, I can see this being the game of the season, full of passion, incidents and fuck knows what else!! And i stick by my 1-2 result.

If we cant raise the fucking bar for this big style (stop the unbeaten season)   Ole can fuck off and take the whole squad with him.

COME ON !!!

39 minutes ago, Deez Nutz said:

What's the latest on Mc Tomminay's fitness?

We don't have any player called Mc Tomminay.

But if your talking about McTominay then I think he is suffering from a space between his Mc and his T and should soon recover from this.

My extra padded cushions arrived today from Ebay to make sitting down a little more comfortable after Sundays game.

Its 25% off if ordered before midnight tonight and a further 10% off if you enter the voucher code  BUMMEDBYTHEDIPPERS

Come in handy for the second leg of the Carrier Bag cup against City too.