Sign in to follow this  
Ross

Manchester United season 21-22 forecasts

So how will we look as a club now at this stage. This is my forecast, post your own..............

Ole has been given the time to bring his rebuild plan to fruition and the squad is now unrecognisable  from his first full season at the helm.  

GONE

Pogba - enough was enough, too much of a side show and an unwanted distraction to the business in hand

Martial - Never had enough energy or desire to fulfill expectancy, Sulking lazy bastard, good riddance.

Lingard - Never knew what buttered his bread. Cheap perfume and gladrags man who was so disillusioned he thought he could be the next Beckham.

De Gea - Probably returned to Athletico Madrid having never recaptured the form of previous seasons

Fred - Despite improvement,  was clearly short of what's needed to take United back to the top

Pereira - Never close to being a United player

Shaw - Think Irwin, Think Evra, Think Heinze. Enough said, goodbye!

Rojo - Shame, it could have been much better but for injuries.

Young - A good professional who tried his best but never a United player

Mata - An honest character, but was never able to give us enough. Retired.

Matic - Retired

GOAL - Dean Henderson

DEFENCE -  AWB has really cemented his RB place, Maguire and Tuanzebe have now forged an excellent central defensive partnership while Williams is now our first choice LB. Fosu-Mensah, Lindelof, Bailly, Dalot and Jones provide defensive cover - Bernard, Laird and Taylor will be elsewhere while the development of Bernard continues.

MIDFIELD - A top notch RW  ( such as Sancho) is now in place giving us an extra attacking dimension that has been missing as long as the memory goes. James has now been switched to left wing.  A marauding creative midfielder now plays alongside McTominay who is now a definable club favourite and working towards being a club legend and captain. Garner continues pushing for a place and is a good squad player while the sudden emergence of wonderkid Hannibal Mejbri creates excitement within the club and on the terraces. Gomes and Levitt have left the club

ATTACK - We now have 4 quality strikers at the club. Rashford who has now fully developed into a top class striker is complemented by a box player such as Piatek. Greenwood has become the new Ole making great impact on games from the bench at crucial moments. Ramanazi is now making his mark and Mellor continues pushing for games. Chong has left the club.

With Delot and Puigmal now proving to be excellent utility players this is now Ole's team. Its onwards and upwards and we are now challenging at the very top for all honours. Ole's at the wheel and has resisted short term fix to fully realise the much needed longer term strategy. 

2 hours ago, Ross said:

So how will we look as a club now at this stage. This is my forecast, post your own..............

Ole has been given the time to bring his rebuild plan to fruition and the squad is now unrecognisable  from his first full season at the helm.  

GONE

Pogba - enough was enough, too much of a side show and an unwanted distraction to the business in hand

Martial - Never had enough energy or desire to fulfill expectancy, Sulking lazy bastard, good riddance.

Lingard - Never knew what buttered his bread. Cheap perfume and gladrags man who was so disillusioned he thought he could be the next Beckham.

De Gea - Probably returned to Athletico Madrid having never recaptured the form of previous seasons

Fred - Despite improvement,  was clearly short of what's needed to take United back to the top

Matic - Retired

GOAL - Dean Henderson

DEFENCE -  AWB has really cemented his RB place, Maguire and Tuanzebe have now forged an excellent central defensive partnership while Williams is now our first choice LB. Fosu-Mensah, Lindelof, Bailly, Dalot and Jones provide defensive cover - Bernard, Laird and Taylor will be elsewhere while the development of Bernard continues.

MIDFIELD - A top notch RW  ( such as Sancho) is now in place giving us an extra attacking dimension that has been missing as long as the memory goes. James has now been switched to left wing.  A marauding creative midfielder now plays alongside McTominay who is now a definable club favourite and working towards being a club legend and captain. Garner continues pushing for a place and is a good squad player while the sudden emergence of wonderkid Hannibal Mejbri creates excitement within the club and on the terraces. Gomes and Levitt have left the club

ATTACK - We now have 4 quality strikers at the club. Rashford who has now fully developed into a top class striker is complemented by a box player such as Piatek. Greenwood has become the new Ole making great impact on games from the bench at crucial moments. Ramanazi is now making his mark and Mellor continues pushing for games. Chong has left the club.

With Delot and Puigmal now proving to be excellent utility players this is now Ole's team. Its onwards and upwards and we are now challenging at the very top for all honours. Ole's at the wheel and has resisted short term fix to fully realise the much needed longer term strategy. 

Deluded 

16 hours ago, MrSwellman said:

The OP is poison. Read until the end and die as a result.

In other words YOU have no vision and spend every wasted breath knocking others.

Sawdust for brains.

On 11/01/2020 at 20:35, Ross said:

GONE

Matic - Retired

GOAL - Dean Henderson

One look at the OP I stopped reading at the defence part.  Bailly, Dalot and Jones provide defensive cover !?     

They need all the time to be covered by the medical staff ffs 

Needed a lot of courage to contniue ,but later on. Levitt was sent somewhere ,found a statement about that misterious ,,,quality strikers"  and someone with just 18 Seie A games with astonishing 4 goals in his belt ( Pitaek as per Your dreams if I am not wrong ) and  get a break ...long break before responding. 

I am sorry . 

All very well you guys knocking my post but clearly you all have no idea or vision yourselves or you would post it!

I will tick the boxes of my vision as they happen (or don't happen), see how it stands come the start of 21/22. I wont be able to compare to any of yours though... lol

20 hours ago, Pap1918 said:

One look at the OP I stopped reading at the defence part.  Bailly, Dalot and Jones provide defensive cover !?     

They need all the time to be covered by the medical staff ffs 

Needed a lot of courage to contniue ,but later on. Levitt was sent somewhere ,found a statement about that misterious ,,,quality strikers"  and someone with just 18 Seie A games with astonishing 4 goals in his belt ( Pitaek as per Your dreams if I am not wrong ) and  get a break ...long break before responding. 

I am sorry . 

Thats how I see the defence thing panning out, although Jones will be midfield cover as well as defence and Dalot will be a total and useful utility player.

Regarding Pitaek, I believe he is a player who could thrive in the right set up and the model we are trying to create and could be captured for 20-25 million. I guess you would only stick your neck out on a ready made superstar that would cost 90-100 mill (and possibly / probably flop).

On 13/01/2020 at 09:15, SimplyGiggs said:

Amongst the many problems of that vision - why are you retiring players in their early 30s?

Mata by this time is certainly done at the top. I don't see him wanting to step down to the level he will probably be at by then, so he will be retired or in a far flung place where nobody gives a fuck - same thing.

I could be wrong on Matic - but i don't see him having much longer left as a player. Remember this is only what I anticipate. I have never said i will be definatively correct on all points made. FFS

You may also note that I never retired Young. Only as a leaver, and he is 3 years their senior. He will probably be in the Inter squad for 2 years, and fair play to him.

Edited by Ross
Young's departure

18 hours ago, butler said:

Mata and Matic are both future serie A players.. They are far from finished 

I can remember when Serie A was the gold standard in European football. The best and brightest all wanted to play there.

5 hours ago, Albert Quixall said:

I can remember when Serie A was the gold standard in European football. The best and brightest all wanted to play there.

It's having a rebirth 

12 hours ago, TFIA said:

Why did you skip a year?

Good spot. It probably makes more sense to others now, the ones who didn't spot that.

The rebuild involves building a squad that will compete at the very top both domestically and in Europe, for a decade whilst winning a significant number of trophies along the way. Rebuilding the club identity and tradition will also be a factor.

That takes a 3 year plan and it's worth the wait. Folk shouting for a manager change are doing nothing more than wishing us back to 2013 and starting all over again. We have already tried this with 2 of the worlds most decorated managers.

7 minutes ago, Ross said:

Good spot. It probably makes more sense to others now, the ones who didn't spot that.

The rebuild involves building a squad that will compete at the very top both domestically and in Europe, for a decade whilst winning a significant number of trophies along the way. Rebuilding the club identity and tradition will also be a factor.

That takes a 3 year plan and it's worth the wait. Folk shouting for a manager change are doing nothing more than wishing us back to 2013 and starting all over again. We have already tried this with 2 of the worlds most decorated managers.

I think we’ll be lucky to win a title before 2030.

We are miles away.

1 minute ago, O said:

I think we’ll be lucky to win a title before 2030.

We are miles away.

There is a plan and vision in progress, we can expedite that if we resolve to see it through.

1 minute ago, Ross said:

There is a plan and vision in progress, we can expedite that if we resolve to see it through.

The Championship, maybe.