O

2019/2020: PL Matchday 15 - Man Utd vs Spurs

Martial

Rashford---------Andreas------------James

Fred McTominay

Shaw Maguire Lindelöf AWB

De Gea

Subs: Grant, Williams, Tuanzebe, Garner, Pogba, Lingard, Greenwood

Players in bold should be out get revenge of Mourinho. Play them.

2-2 draw.

1 hour ago, Albert Quixall said:

Kane gets a brace, Delle gets the other and we lose 0-3. Maguire gets a red card.

well it certainly wont be Ole getting it from the dug-out for protesting too much.

1 hour ago, O said:

Martial

Rashford---------Andreas------------James

Fred McTominay

Shaw Maguire Lindelöf AWB

De Gea

Subs: Grant, Williams, Tuanzebe, Garner, Pogba, Lingard, Greenwood

Players in bold should be out get revenge of Mourinho. Play them.

2-2 draw.

Mate I can't see why you go with Pereira in your choices most matches he is gash.

Yes a good cross today but that's the minimum he should be doing every game. Easy to push off the ball no real football brain. It's pitiful reflection on our club he makes our midfield every week.

I would literally start Lingard or Mata in there and I want them shot!! In all seriousness I would start an academy player or Tuanzebe couldn't do any worse!!

1 minute ago, PVAD said:

Mate I can't see why you go with Pereira in your choices most matches he is gash.

Yes a good cross today but that's the minimum he should be doing every game. Easy to push off the ball no real football brain. It's pitiful reflection on our club he makes our midfield every week.

I would literally start Lingard or Mata in there and I want them shot!! In all seriousness I would start an academy player or Tuanzebe couldn't do any worse!!

Very simple. He's much better than both Mata and Lingard in terms of end product.

He's better at pressing than Mata, he harries and tackles. He can shoot/cross if afforded space. He has the occasional good set-piece delivery.

We only have those three to choose from, and he's comfortably ahead of both right now. I don't pick what I want, I pick what I think we'll see.

6 minutes ago, O said:

Very simple. He's much better than both Mata and Lingard in terms of end product.

He's better at pressing than Mata, he harries and tackles. He can shoot/cross if afforded space. He has the occasional good set-piece delivery.

We only have those three to choose from, and he's comfortably ahead of both right now. I don't pick what I want, I pick what I think we'll see.

Pereira is not my favourite player. He can put in a decent cross now and again but I've never seen him yet dictate play in midfield. However, he is a better choice than Lingard and Mata. That's how poor we've become.

2 hours ago, pearson77 said:

I read that he can't join another Premier League club until this season is over..some contractual thing.

Maybe a restrictive covenant but those things are not often upheld by the courts who see them as a restraint of trade. There are legitimate uses for them but not in this case. You can't sack somebody and then in the pay-off arrangement prevent them from working. What normally happens these days is the payments come to an end as soon as the sacked employee gets hired elsewhere as was the case with LVG. However Louis turned down jobs so that United had to keep on paying him and there was no duty to mitigate damages. I thought that was hilarious.

I don't think we'll lose. We're actually quite good in big games. We'll park the bus and spring enough counters to at least get a draw. Not too dissimilar to Liverpool when everyone thought we'd be destroyed.

1-1 my prediction. 

Edited by TheManc

39 minutes ago, TheManc said:

I don't think we'll lose. We're actually quite good in big games. We'll park the bus and spring enough counters to at least get a draw. Not too dissimilar to Liverpool when everyone thought we'd be destroyed.

1-1 my prediction. 

Would expect Mourinho to limit our ability to counter.

He knows our players.

Can’t afford a draw after Sunday.

Man for man its hard to see where we can win it.  Form,  quality of player, Managers,  we lose on all fronts.  The fact its at home should be enough to avoid the dickin.

We know we will definitely concede at some stage so that means we need to score at least twice.

The big fear is that this season we have been blowing out of our arses after 70 minutes and Jose will be fully aware of that.    Thats where Lucas Moura  comes in.   United will be massively under the world microscope.    So i expect a lot of headless chicken stuff in the first half to try and snatch the first goal.  Mourinho will know it, so will therefore play the first half very conservatively.

If its all square at half time i expect Spurs to gradually turn the screw  and possibly make cunts of us.

4 hours ago, TheManc said:

1-1 my prediction. 

We'll lose. Mourinho won't give an inch in this one. It will be 1972 all over again when Martin Peters scored four against us for Spurs. Kane, Son, and an in-form Delli, not to mention Moura, will give our defence nightmares. Jose will have them all fired up.

Edited by Albert Quixall

Just now, THE BASTARD said:

No big miss at all.   A French Nani for me.

It's a big miss when you look at the alternative. Especially if it means we'll play Rashford up top and Lingard in the wing to go alongside Pereira and Fred. 

Whatever you think of him, he's the best striker we've got and allows us to play Rashford in his best position.

29 minutes ago, Canto said:

Be 3 at the back with James and Rashford as split strikers you'd imagine same as the Liverpool game 

Andreas as a false 9 with Rashford and James making runs beyond him worked well in that game.

Rashford—————————James

Andreas

Young————Fred———McT————AWB

Maguire Lindelöf Tuanzebe

De Gea

I can still remember one of Martial’s team-mates complaining bitterly, during Louis van Gaal’s time as manager, about an occasion when he said the player pulled out of a game at Norwich City. Martial, it was claimed, had joined in the next training session without any apparent problem. His team-mate was unimpressed, to say the least. “He just didn’t fancy it,” was the verdict.

- Daniel Taylor from The Athletic

With Martial out i'd love to see Greenwood get a game but i don't think Ole will risk him in such an important game, which is a shame as he seemingly has the best goal finisher instinct in our team which is something we lacked against Villa. 

Suspect because of Martial's absence Pereira will start again, oh joy.