Sign in to follow this  
O

2019/2020: PL Matchday 15 - Man Utd vs Spurs

Excellent committed performance from United. If only we could figure out a way to turn over teams who sit back against us. 

To a man everyone was excellent, stand outs being Fred, McT and Rashford. I also thought Greenwood dropped deep, held up and move the ball on well, tidily without really having a major impact on the game but if you compare that to what Martial did at the weekend i'd prefer Greenwood in there. 

I still think Ole is out of his depth and theres far better managers we can get in tomorrow but credit where credit is due his teams turn up in the bigger games but as i said at the start of my post we need to figure out how to turn over teams who play deeper and allow us to have the ball. There was clearly a game plan last night, Target Spurs' right flank and it worked. 

Also on a side note i thought Spurs looked like Classic Mourinho United, wait around and hope one of your talented players does something special, not quite the tactical revolution the press were going on about but i suppose he needs time, as always. 

7 hours ago, ALF said:

Also on a side note i thought Spurs looked like Classic Mourinho United, wait around and hope one of your talented players does something special, not quite the tactical revolution the press were going on about but i suppose he needs time, as always. 

It was a great result and one I didn't think we'd get. I was working and couldn't watch but the missus texted me every time a goal went in.

The highlights showed a Spurs team that really didn't play anything like they can. They seemed hesitant in defence and lightweight in midfield. Fred looked a different player and Rashford was the best forward on the pitch, ahead of Kane, Son, and Moura. Rashford looked like he was the one with the point to prove and he did.

I wouldn't read too much into Spurs showing but you just know Mourinho will be looking to bring in a midfielder and a couple of defenders in January; maybe a goalie too. Against West Ham, they sailed into a three goal lead but couldn't handle the sustained pressure and shipped two goals. That is not a Mourinho team.

Ole has bought himself some breathing space and let's hope we can build on this at City, but they're emerging from their slump and they'll want to recover a bit of ground.

1 hour ago, robbo777 said:

Could play Pogba there if he ever comes back, think it will be a short term fix though.

If.. Ole needs or United need him.. Doubt we do.. Could do with some one younger.. on par with Daniel 

On 04/12/2019 at 23:45, Canto said:

A great win and a very very good performance. especially in the first half an hour they were lucky we weren't ahead by  a couple more. Can we get Ole to stay for the big games even if we do sack him, always look a very good side against the teams who come at us more and don't just sit back and frustrate us.

Rashford was great again obviously, thought Fred was much better with McT beside him even though him and Yougn pissed me off with that Spurs goal great bit of skill granted but sold themselvs far too easy stand your grand and it's easily dealt with. Fucking let Dele take it down in the last minute in the box too. McT was great on his return to the team aswell and has been a big miss the past few weeks.

Even when they had more of the possession in the second half they didn't really threaten us that much and it was a pretty comfortable and deserved win in the end. But games like tonight haven't been the problem for us this season so we really need to start building on wins like tonight and beating the teams we should be beating and we'd still have a good chance of top 4. Will we get that consistency I doubt it but here's hoping anyway.

Canto, the better performances vs  liverpool and spurs can be adressed  also to the highest level of the  tempo , pressing elsewhere at the pitch ,  movement with ball and without the ball ,that sharp passes between the lines . 

I doubt really the human's  ability to keep this energy  on regular basis during the season . If the youths and probably the new  signings have the potential and abilities to keep this style ,the team can go ahead .  You made a point about some teams sitting back . . Glad Rashford is on fire  and makes an otstanding run of games . The only remark to him is about the way he executed the penalties including the last one .  He was lucky vs Spurs. Hate this approach to get them to be honest. At same time it's not his fault at all. Where are the coaches !?