O

2019/2020: PL Matchday 14 - Man Utd vs Aston Villa

United lost to Villa first time saw them, so a draw......

Pogba and McTominay returning should help but United need to start getting more of their off field decisions right.

14 hours ago, Deez Nutz said:

To all those who want Ole sacked, ensure you include who you want to replace him with, and their availability and proof they could do better with that squad. 

Take all heart and loyalty out of it look at the results on paper and come back and tell me what he's doing as a manager is good enough? 

He's got the right idea of what he wants to do but he isn't the man to implement it, we've not seen any signs of an actual style of play, in fact since teams have realised you sit deep against us we can't count we've become progressively worse. I'd argue that injuries have hampered him but then again he's talking up youth but continues to pick Pereira who one good cross aside yesterday was the ire of a lot of peoples anger and rightly so, he takes 3 touches too many and often gives the ball away with sloppy passing. His changes aren't fast or reactive to whats going on, love him or loath him it was obvious early on that trying to press with Mata on the pitch was pointless yet he stayed on way longer than he should have. 

I want it to be good enough i truly do, every time we win and play well i think 'well yeah if he gets Pogba and Scott back we're sorted' but the truth is we're not and he's not going to turn it around, why he's getting a stay of execution i don't know, maybe Woodward doesn't want to be seen to have failed with another managerial appointee but the man who should have replayed Mourinho is now easily gettable and should be installed as soon as possible. 

Edited by ALF

9 hours ago, ALF said:

Take all heart and loyalty out of it look at the results on paper and come back and tell me what he's doing as a manager is good enough? 

He's got the right idea of what he wants to do but he isn't the man to implement it, we've not seen any signs of an actual style of play, in fact since teams have realised you sit deep against us we can't count we've become progressively worse. I'd argue that injuries have hampered him but then again he's talking up youth but continues to pick Pereira who one good cross aside yesterday was the ire of a lot of peoples anger and rightly so, he takes 3 touches too many and often gives the ball away with sloppy passing. His changes aren't fast or reactive to whats going on, love him or loath him it was obvious early on that trying to press with Mata on the pitch was pointless yet he stayed on way longer than he should have. 

I want it to be good enough i truly do, every time we win and play well i think 'well yeah if he gets Pogba and Scott back we're sorted' but the truth is we're not and he's not going to turn it around, why he's getting a stay of execution i don't know, maybe Woodward doesn't want to be seen to have failed with another managerial appointee but the man who should have replayed Mourinho is now easily gettable and should be installed as soon as possible. 

For me Rashford, AWB and James were the best United players by far, two of which were Ole's signings, our midfield makes dogshit looks good, do you choose shit or shit? if he signs midfielders that prove as successful as James and AWB, the pieces of the jigsaw will begin to take shape, i'm not interested in style at this stage, we are playing poorly, but still scoring, if we get a decent defensive midfielder to protect the defenders and a creative midfielder  along with a target  striker, we'll be on our way, some people are stupid enough to think there is a manager who can get this squad to win trophies....no chance.

11 minutes ago, Deez Nutz said:

For me Rashford, AWB and James were the best United players by far, two of which were Ole's signings, our midfield makes dogshit looks good, do you choose shit or shit? if he signs midfielders that prove as successful as James and AWB, the pieces of the jigsaw will begin to take shape, i'm not interested in style at this stage, we are playing poorly, but still scoring, if we get a decent defensive midfielder to protect the defenders and a creative midfielder  along with a target  striker, we'll be on our way, some people are stupid enough to think there is a manager who can get this squad to win trophies....no chance.

We’re asking for 4th, not a fucking title.

3 hours ago, Deez Nutz said:

We don't have the players yet, or do you really think our squad is good enough for top 4?

We're 6 points from the relegation zone.

Do Sheffield United have a better squad than us?

4 hours ago, Deez Nutz said:

We don't have the players yet, or do you really think our squad is good enough for top 4?

The same players finished 2nd 18 months ago ffs.

53 minutes ago, O said:

The same players finished 2nd 18 months ago ffs.

Not quite the same squad. I'm not against a better manager like poch coming in, what I don't want is another knee jerk appointment that doesn't improve us. 

On 01/12/2019 at 16:54, RedDevilDazzy said:

Ross said we could score 5 or 6, LOL, I think he meant get 5 or 6 corners.

Yes, I live in hope that one day we will spring to life with a good performance and result. 3 goals in 7mins and the squad rested midweek was a pointer. But NO!

I will say it again. Neither Fred or Pereria come close to being good enough and need to be replaced as soon as possible. Our midfield is presently so weak.