hdcantona

2020 Transfer Targets

Watched Bayer Leverkusen on Monday night. We need to be all over their 21 year old CB, Tapsoba. 6ft 3" and is a beast.

He's come out of nowhere. They only signed him in January from Vitória Guimarães who are a small enough Portuguese club.

He's scored 9 goals this season and scored 7 goals for Vitória B last season.

Porto fans on Twitter said he was very impressive against them. So big and difficult to dribble around.

And Leverkusen haven't lost a game since he joined them. 11 games, 10 wins and 1 draw.

1 minute ago, O said:

Watched Bayer Leverkusen on Monday night. We need to be all over their 21 year old CB, Tapsoba. 6ft 3" and is a beast.

He's come out of nowhere. They only signed him in January from Vitória Guimarães who are a small enough Portuguese club.

He's scored 9 goals this season and scored 7 goals for Vitória B last season.

Porto fans on Twitter said he was very impressive against them. So big and difficult to dribble around.

And Leverkusen haven't lost a game since he joined them. 11 games, 10 wins and 1 draw.

Didn’t Bébé play for them ? 

1 minute ago, JJtheRed said:

Didn’t Bébé play for them ? 

Yeah. But only for like a month before we signed him. He left his original club for them because they were broke.

They drew 1-1 with Arsenal this season and only lost 3-2 at The Emirates.

Former Spurs wonderkid, Marcus Edwards, is there. He's doing well. He's wasted his talent like Ravel up to now.

Just now, TFIA said:

Ashton has been a great hire.

Excuses been flowing in already for the upcoming failure in the market and fans as always eat it up. 

We will sign 2-3 players.

If Sancho is one of them, most fans will be happy.

I'd settle for Ighalo/Ben Yedder, Bellingham and Sancho.

22 minutes ago, O said:

We will sign 2-3 players.

If Sancho is one of them, most fans will be happy.

I'd settle for Ighalo/Ben Yedder, Bellingham and Sancho.

They'll press for Sancho but ultimately wont cough up the money. Can see it coming a mile off.

18 minutes ago, TFIA said:

They'll press for Sancho but ultimately wont cough up the money. Can see it coming a mile off.

I think Dortmund will accept around £90 million in the Covid-19 climate.

He's very marketable, English and we can troll City marketing wise if he goes on to become a club legend.

He's the perfect signing. He's already good friends with half the squad. And knows the city.

A front three of Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho might become United and England's route to success.

I think we need a CB, CM and RW. RW is a must. We lack so much balance. CM is a difficult one, as I can’t make up my mind what type we need....

then round of transfers after this we need a Striker. Then we might be somewhere close. 

3 hours ago, Haymark said:

I think we need a CB, CM and RW. RW is a must. We lack so much balance. CM is a difficult one, as I can’t make up my mind what type we need....

then round of transfers after this we need a Striker. Then we might be somewhere close. 

CM is now our strongest position.

2 hours ago, hdcantona said:

looks like we are gonna be in for him again then 

He'll replace Ighalo.

He's a better player than Ighalo tbf, but he's not a natural poacher type.

Very strong. 

I'd like to sign a poacher type. Who can carry on Ighalo's role. Squad player/impact sub.

King as a backup....I can live with that if it goes alongside other big signings. Hasn't he had a stinker of a season though? I'd rather keep Ighalo though and it does mean we'll need to go big for a striker (or greenwood progresses) in a year or so.

Edited by TheManc

48 minutes ago, TheManc said:

King as a backup....I can live with that if it goes alongside other big signings. Hasn't he had a stinker of a season though? I'd rather keep Ighalo though and it does mean we'll need to go big for a striker (or greenwood progresses) in a year or so.

Bournemouth in general have been terrible. He's scored 4 goals this season. Close to 50 PL goals though.

He did score a really good goal against us.

He's 2.5 years younger than Ighalo and would class as homegrown, so I guess that's the draw there.

And can play LW.

Like Ighalo, this would be a dream come true for him. He made 2 appearances for us back in the day.

4 hours ago, O said:

Bournemouth in general have been terrible. He's scored 4 goals this season. Close to 50 PL goals though.

He did score a really good goal against us.

He's 2.5 years younger than Ighalo and would class as homegrown, so I guess that's the draw there.

And can play LW.

Like Ighalo, this would be a dream come true for him. He made 2 appearances for us back in the day.

He was one of the academy players that I was sure would make it here tbh. 

30 minutes ago, TheManc said:

He was one of the academy players that I was sure would make it here tbh. 

I thought he would make it too.

He's had a good career. Struggled to find himself at first, but eventually impressed at Blackburn and has been good for Bournemouth and Norway.

On 22/05/2020 at 16:07, TFIA said:

No need, we are currently being linked with Ferran Torres of Valencia. @Txrt know anything about him?

2 minutes ago, St!mpy said:

No need, we are currently being linked with Ferran Torres of Valencia. @Txrt know anything about him?

He's one of the best young players in Spain. Already a key player for Valencia at 20. Sancho is better though.