hdcantona

2020 Transfer Targets

Anyone else feel abit uneasy about the potential sums on players in all of this, I mean I get the world doesn't stop and I get business should continue but 50m odd for a player in the current climate seems ridiculous let alone 100m etc. Considering all the wage drops maybe there will be some normality restored but I just hope United aren't found to look stupid in this crisis. 

7 minutes ago, U4L said:

Anyone else feel abit uneasy about the potential sums on players in all of this, I mean I get the world doesn't stop and I get business should continue but 50m odd for a player in the current climate seems ridiculous let alone 100m etc. Considering all the wage drops maybe there will be some normality restored but I just hope United aren't found to look stupid in this crisis. 

No. More Brunos. 

There have been a lot of red flags with Kane, which people in the media just willingly ignore. He used to be a great asset with his all round play but that has really dropped off. He's still a great finisher, as good as I've seen but he's not getting into the same positions or hurting teams in the same way.

He's played a lot of games through a lot of injuries and they've been piling up. Would be just like us to sign him and have him be a shadow of what he was. Torres style. His numbers are now declining as well as his overall play. He was flirting with 1 in 1 production for a while but that has heavily dropped. 

Don't. 

Would be a massively expensive mistake at a time we’re working to reduce them. 

His decline is pretty obvious already. Long contract on big money and we’ll literally have another Rooney situation. 

4 hours ago, TFIA said:

There have been a lot of red flags with Kane, which people in the media just willingly ignore. He used to be a great asset with his all round play but that has really dropped off. He's still a great finisher, as good as I've seen but he's not getting into the same positions or hurting teams in the same way.

He's played a lot of games through a lot of injuries and they've been piling up. Would be just like us to sign him and have him be a shadow of what he was. Torres style. His numbers are now declining as well as his overall play. He was flirting with 1 in 1 production for a while but that has heavily dropped. 

Don't. 

Kane often plays a false nine for England and has brilliant link play & vision, but I do worry about his body and if he can stay fit moving forward. I mentioned the Torres comparison a few weeks back. Spot on.

I would prefer to sign Sancho. RW is the position we have no depth in. 

And we have Greenwood who is possibly a generational talent. We can't block his path to becoming our striker.

If we did sign Kane and keep Pogba, Ole would have to win the league next season or at least come a close 2nd.

The spine would be De Gea (29), Maguire (27), Pogba (27) Bruno (almost 26) and Kane (27).

Meaning the spine of the team are in their prime years. No excuses not to compete.

46 minutes ago, O said:

Kane often plays a false nine for England and has brilliant link play & vision, but I do worry about his body and if he can stay fit moving forward. I mentioned the Torres comparison a few weeks back. Spot on.

I would prefer to sign Sancho. RW is the position we have no depth in. 

And we have Greenwood who is possibly a generational talent. We can't block his path to becoming our striker.

If we did sign Kane and keep Pogba, Ole would have to win the league next season or at least come a close 2nd.

The spine would be De Gea (29), Maguire (27), Pogba (27) Bruno (almost 26) and Kane (27).

Meaning the spine of the team are in their prime years. No excuses not to compete.

Except De Gea has had a nervous breakdown, Maguire is mediocre, Pogba doesn't give a fuck and Kane is a wreck. 

Sancho would have to be drugged to want to come to United.

10 minutes ago, aardvarked said:

Except De Gea has had a nervous breakdown, Maguire is mediocre, Pogba doesn't give a fuck and Kane is a wreck. 

Sancho would have to be drugged to want to come to United.

Sancho is coming. The bread is good here. 

World record transfer for Sancho. Highest paid player at the club. And will flop harder than Alexis Sánchez.

Maguire isn't as bad as you like to claim. He's an 7.5/10, not the 9 that we needed.

8 minutes ago, O said:

Sancho is coming. The bread is good here. 

World record transfer for Sancho. Highest paid player at the club. And will flop harder than Alexis Sánchez.

Maguire isn't as bad as you like to claim. He's an 7.5/10, not the 9 that we needed.

He's a 6 at best and we paid for an 11. Trash.

he spoke common sense tbf.

And if we do have some warchest, this was smart of him since it was stupid of Ole to talk about it on sky just as it was of Ed Woodward in 2013. 

Edited by TheManc

On 01/04/2020 at 16:41, U4L said:

Not sure Woodward crowing about the crisis not affecting us financially is a sound move either. We're setting up to be fleeced again. Any hope the bubble has burst has pretty much also been rendered dead with a new spending superpower entering the market. Newcastle will find buying players cheaply very difficult.

It's not my money being spent on players, so why would i care if we pay £50m or £5m for a player, maybe it would just be quicker and easier to get all premier league club owners together and auction the league to whoever will pay the most, no need to kick a ball and job done.

Given money spent for points, you have to say Leicester are Fuc*kin kicking arse.

Lots of competition here though. In an ideal world he would stay on loan for another year. He would probably be 6th choice midfielder. 

Apparently he's more box to box so his direct competition would be more Fred or Mctomminay?

27 minutes ago, TheManc said:

Lots of competition here though. In an ideal world he would stay on loan for another year. He would probably be 6th choice midfielder. 

Apparently he's more box to box so his direct competition would be more Fred or Mctomminay?

If we sell Pogba and bought Bellingham, I'd see our midfield as:

Fred/Bellingham-----------Bruno/Andreas

McTominay/Matić

I still want us to sign an actual holding midfielder, as McTominay's strengths suit b2b more. 

His younger brother who is also very highly rated would be moving to the club also, so that's another plus.

1 hour ago, JJtheRed said:

tenor.gif

However, the ITK said that Woodward sometimes caves in negotiations and pays what they want after a certain point. But that due to the effect of Covid-19, he won't be forced into a transfer that's way above our valuation (probably looking to get him for less than 100 million.

I do think we will push hard for Sancho as our major signing.