Sign in to follow this  
hdcantona

2020 Transfer Targets

3 minutes ago, TFIA said:

He could play for Barcelona. World class talent. Better than Maddison. 

Not with that level of end product.

21 minutes ago, O said:

I assume you missed yesterday's game?

Scored/Assisted 7 times in 12 games. Your boy McGinn with 5 in 14. Would have had another assist had his calf muscle not been off side.

Glorious player. Top 10 in the league. I need to be running this club.

1 minute ago, TFIA said:

I assume you missed yesterday's game?

Scored/Assisted 7 times in 12 games. Your boy McGinn with 5 in 14. Would have had another assist had his calf muscle not been off side.

Glorious player. Top 10 in the league. I need to be running this club.

Wasn’t even top 10 in The Championship.

4 minutes ago, TFIA said:

Will be top 10 in the world soon. Don't be mad that he doesn't want to pretend to be Irish. 

He’s literally no different to Ben Arfa or Taarabt.

Edited by O

On 02/12/2019 at 11:36, ALF said:

I want Sancho but even if he wanted us, I think the timing is off. We have no AM that can pass a ball to him and our only creative player is probably going to leave. That's two buys, and add to that a striker which we may go for and that's 3. Absolutely zero chance are we buying 3 high profile players and 100M on Sancho. The time to buy him was last Summer. Maybe if he sticks with BVB for another season we can get him later on but this Summer, I don't see it unless we want to mismanage our other positions. 

Maybe if we keep Pogba and decide to sell him in 2021 with a year on his contract, Sancho could be a very slight possibility.

On 01/12/2019 at 22:38, hdcantona said:

"It's hard enough to get three players done in a transfer window. To get six or seven done is extremely difficult." Ed Woodward says it's a a "multi-year squad evolution analysis" for Man Utd.

Honestly - it's a joke

2014: Di Maria, Rojo, Herrera, Shaw, Falcao, Blind, Valdes = 7

2015:  Depay, Schneiderlin, Martial, Darmian, Schweinsteiger, Romero = 6

He's full of shit, although in this case I think he's basically saying we don't have the money to go on a huge spree (net). This one is more on the Glazers if that is the case. I think Woodward is useless, rather than cheap. He'd spend if the Glazers were more willing.

Edited by TheManc

3 minutes ago, THE BASTARD said:

There's not a chance in hell Pogba is staying.   He's gone.  He wants away and the club want him out to raise funds.   Why the fuck would the club want to keep a player that doesnt want to be there?

It depends on how you want to build this team. I think he's gone too, but it may be in our best interest to keep him for one more season to allow us to focus on other positions, and sell him a year later. It's not perfect but you can't complain if we lose Pogba and then watch as Sancho goes to Liverpool and dominates for the next decade.

8 minutes ago, TheManc said:

It depends on how you want to build this team. I think he's gone too, but it may be in our best interest to keep him for one more season to allow us to focus on other positions, and sell him a year later. It's not perfect but you can't complain if we lose Pogba and then watch as Sancho goes to Liverpool and dominates for the next decade.

Indeed Mancster.  But Pogba's sale will practically be the total sum of our outlay.  So we wont be focusing on fuck all if he isnt sold coz there'll be fuck all to spend. 

He's the only player in our entire squad that would raise funds.  No cunt wants anybody else we have.  And the Gimps are done with releasing any more money, its not happening.

So he has to go and it has to be spent wisely, very fuckin wisely.

1 hour ago, TheManc said:

No team will win more than 2 titles on the bounce in the current climate.

Chelsea, United, City, United, City, Chelsea, Leicester, Chelsea, City, City, most likely Liverpool.

9 minutes ago, O said:

No team will win more than 2 titles on the bounce in the current climate.

Chelsea, United, City, United, City, Chelsea, Leicester, Chelsea, City, City, most likely Liverpool.

I think City will. Liverpool will rack up more PL and CL's if Klopp stays + they buy well but you can see them going through cycles. City will definitely be utterly dominant though. Maybe not 3 in a row but definitely 2 out of 3 or 3 out of 4 PLs with a CL or two in there as well. City are run far too well to be gone for long. If they don't win more than half of the league titles over the decade then I'll be surprised. 

I'll add a bit of positivity to this post and suggest maybe Leeds will stop them once PSG's owners take over.

The reason why teams struggled to retain from 2010-2017 is because we didn't have a truly strong team. Now we have two.

Edited by TheManc

1 hour ago, TheManc said:

I think City will. Liverpool will rack up more PL and CL's if Klopp stays + they buy well but you can see them going through cycles. City will definitely be utterly dominant though. Maybe not 3 in a row but definitely 2 out of 3 or 3 out of 4 PLs with a CL or two in there as well. City are run far too well to be gone for long. If they don't win more than half of the league titles over the decade then I'll be surprised. 

I'll add a bit of positivity to this post and suggest maybe Leeds will stop them once PSG's owners take over.

The reason why teams struggled to retain from 2010-2017 is because we didn't have a truly strong team. Now we have two.

The league is better. That’s why. You have teams like Wolves and Sheffield Utd coming up from The Championship and finishing in the top 10.

Palace aren’t even that good of a side and are 5th.

Pep will leave City at the end of the season. I expect Liverpool’s run to end after 2020/2021.

Maddison and Jack Realish can improve the team . but really doubt that foxes will release one of their best footballers . The same is valid also for Vardi . Mario Mandzukic too . Both strikers are very experienced . Haaland-young lad ,but I have some doubts. Interesting what Greenwood would achieve in Austria having in mind that a bench warmer from Italian Calcio became for a half of season one of the best players there/ Kiril Despodov. 

Where were United scouts few months ago !?