Sign in to follow this  
hdcantona

2020 Transfer Targets

1 hour ago, rezzy said:

Even a cheeky agreement now for Soumare.

10m and we get him then, just to hold off others from signing him then for Free.

Edit- says his contract runs till  '30.06.2022' - so wouldnt be free no?

Last I heard before December was that he was unwilling to sign a new deal, but would stay for the full season.

He must have signed a new deal as a favour to them, meaning he’ll cost a bomb now.

As for Tuanzebe, he’s proving to be yet another injury prone CB unfortunately. He would be in the side by now if he was fit more.

14 minutes ago, TFIA said:

He never recovered his form from two years ago. Was always pretty overrated.

As far as CB's go there's VVD and everyone else. Maguire and Lindelof are trash but we have bigger problems and there's no can't miss targets out there worth spending on. Better taking a chance on some prospects and giving Tuanzebe a chance.

I would start looking at the dozen French U23 defenders playing in France and Germany and Spain.

Unbelievable talent pool.

25 minutes ago, O said:

Last I heard before December was that he was unwilling to sign a new deal, but would stay for the full season.

He must have signed a new deal as a favour to them, meaning he’ll cost a bomb now.

As for Tuanzebe, he’s proving to be yet another injury prone CB unfortunately. He would be in the side by now if he was fit more.

I would start looking at the dozen French U23 defenders playing in France and Germany and Spain.

Unbelievable talent pool.

Seems it was just misreported and he didnt sign any new contracts.

6 minutes ago, hdcantona said:

Come on @ALF must be some spurious link you can post about Bruno 

let’s get the winter edition of muppetry going 

One ITK has said deal will be complete on thursday.

Another has said there is no interest in Soumaré

Theres some muppetry.

16 hours ago, hdcantona said:

Come on @ALF must be some spurious link you can post about Bruno 

let’s get the winter edition of muppetry going 

For this i bring you the ultimate muppet, a jewel in KFC's crown, Leicestershires finest, the muppet before muppets were big. 

11 minutes ago, ALF said:

For this i bring you the ultimate muppet, a jewel in KFC's crown, Leicestershires finest, the muppet before muppets were big. 

Can't believe that account still exists lmao

In more dependable news...

1 hour ago, hdcantona said:

Can't believe that account still exists lmao

In more dependable news...

It appears the Portuguese press are giving mixed signals are some are stating that he could be ready to fly out for his medical at any minute. 

Wonder if this is a little bit of posturing, one bad tackle or pulled muscle could end the transfer which i think both sides don't want. 

However if what Lopes here saying is correct its amazing how complicated United appear to make pretty cut and dry signings we will continually go on about the need for a DOF because this is madness. 

19 minutes ago, SimplyGiggs said:

If there is a deal in place it wouldn't surprise me if the club would wait until next week, anticipating a bad result Sunday, for some easy appeasement. 

Might be something in that Giggles.  But its looking more and more like hes after another club.  He wasnt interested last summer and now we are in an even worse state. It would appear Sporting are trying to push the deal because they want the cash. But their manager is also reluctant because they have nobody lined up to replace him.  Its all a bit messy.   I think the best we could hope for is that as part of the deal he will demand a "low sell on" clause. Which literally means he can do a no quibble exit if it goes tits.

Theres no way Deadwood will agree to that.

Supposedly we want Marcos Llorente on loan? DM who was righted highly but flopped at Madrid + now on the bench at Atletico. I remember he was quite hyped a while ago, though no idea about now. If we do get him, I hope it has an option to buy.

Potentially astute business, which means he won't happen.

6 minutes ago, TheManc said:

Supposedly we want Marcos Llorente on loan? DM who was righted highly but flopped at Madrid + now on the bench at Atletico. I remember he was quite hyped a while ago, though no idea about now. If we do get him, I hope it has an option to buy.

I'd prefer Partey.

Partey + Fred + McTominay. 

All the yellow cards.

2 minutes ago, O said:

I’d take Glenn Whelan for 5 months at this stage.

We need bodies.

All the talk of youth and we've not looked into Garner or Levitt very much in terms of backup in the middle. Both very tidy players.

1 minute ago, rezzy said:

All the talk of youth and we've not looked into Garner or Levitt very much in terms of backup in the middle. Both very tidy players.

They’ve been injured/sick recently.

Garner needs a run of games, but he really needs a loan.

Yeah Garner hasn't looked anywhere near good enough so far. There's such a huge gap between the U23 and the first team, even forgetting that our U23 are in the 2nd division.

A good loan move next year would do him wonders, though I'm not sure he's done enough for a Championship team to want him. Ideally that is the level we'd want for him. 

Plenty of time for him and I'm sure he can become a good player, but as things stand he'd be a liability in our midfield.

Edited by TheManc

1 hour ago, TheManc said:

@O