O

Europa League: Matchday 5 - FC Astana vs Man Utd

MUFC-formation-tactics.png

Subs: *Grant, Williams, Lindelöf, Matić, Mata, Gomes, Ramazani

Reserves: Kovar, Laird, Levitt

I'd leave De Gea, Maguire, Andreas, James and Rashford in Manchester.

Matić on for Fred at HT. 1-0 win.

17 hours ago, O said:

Reserves: Kovar, Laird, Levitt

I'd leave De Gea, Maguire, Andreas, James and Rashford in Manchester.

Matić on for Fred at HT. 1-0 win.

I'd bring Andreas and left him there

Edited by johan

We're taking a "very young" squad to this according to Simon Stone which is good to hear absolutely no need to risk any starters or those in and around the first 11 at the moment in a dead rubber game in what will be horrible conditions

Hopefully get to see a few debuts especially Laird at right back Levitt in midfield and get starts for the likes of Gomes Chong Garner and Greenwood. With more youngsters on the bench too. 

11 minutes ago, Canto said:

We're taking a "very young" squad to this according to Simon Stone which is good to hear absolutely no need to risk any starters or those in and around the first 11 at the moment in a dead rubber game in what will be horrible conditions

Hopefully get to see a few debuts especially Laird at right back Levitt in midfield and get starts for the likes of Gomes Chong Garner and Greenwood. With more youngsters on the bench too. 

Gomes and Chong are leaving in the summer and we need to move on. They've failed.

Matej Kovar,

Max Taylor, Dishon Bernard, Teden Mengi,

Ethan Galbraith, Arnau Puigmal, James Garner, Dylan Levitt,

Tahith Chong, Angel Gomes, Dmani Mellor, Largie Ramazani & Mason Greenwood all traveling to Astana

All with the 1st team, apparently.

Max Taylor has overcome cancer in the past 12 months. A great day for him.

Grant, Kovar, Taylor, Shaw, Tuanzebe Levitt, Mengi, Bernard, Ramazani, Laird, Galbraith, Puigmal, Bughail-Mellor, Garner, Lingard, Chong, Gomes, Greenwood. #MUFC [MEN]

I’d go with:

Greenwood

Lingard———Gomes———Ramazani

Levitt———Garner

Shaw———Mengi——Axel———Laird

Grant

Subs: Kovar, Bernard, Taylor, Galbraith, Puigmal, Gomes, Mellor

Bernard will probably start over Mengi as he’s 19 and Mengi is just 17. 

Chong on for Lingard in the 2nd half.

33 minutes ago, SimplyGiggs said:

Chong has a total of 226 senior football minutes. Gomes has 30 minutes less than that. Big half hour for the lad then. 

welp…..can't argue with this I guess.

Other than Chong has looked awful and Gomes hasn't. 

Having seen the offical squad now, which was even younger then I thought it would be(poor Lee Grant must feel like a grandfather) I think we'll go for something like:

Grant

Laird Axel Mengi Shaw

TFM 

Garner Gomes/Levitt

Chong Greenwood Gomes/Ramazami

I'd rather see Gomes more central but wouldn't be surprised to see him on the wing. TFM could push back to centre back aswell obviously in place of Mengi but i'd like to see him play as the defensive midfielder he could be a decent option there over the Christmas if he can get back to the potential he showed as a youngster there but I think it's probably passed him by with the two bad loans and serious injury he had, even though he's still only 21. 

5 minutes ago, Canto said:

Having seen the offical squad now, which was even younger then I thought it would be(poor Lee Grant must feel like a grandfather) I think we'll go for something like:

Grant

Laird Axel Mengi Shaw

TFM 

Garner Gomes/Levitt

Chong Greenwood Gomes/Ramazami

I'd rather see Gomes more central but wouldn't be surprised to see him on the wing. TFM could push back to centre back aswell obviously in place of Mengi but i'd like to see him play as the defensive midfielder he could be a decent option there over the Christmas if he can get back to the potential he showed as a youngster there but I think it's probably passed him by with the two bad loans and serious injury he had, even though he's still only 21. 

Appears to be Tuanzebe and not TFM.

3 minutes ago, O said:

Appears to be Tuanzebe and not TFM.

I thought I seen both of them in there 🤦‍♂️pity would of been nice to see TFM getting a chance in midfield. In that case Levitt and Garner in the middle with Gomes ahead of them hopefully. 

12 minutes ago, Canto said:

I thought I seen both of them in there 🤦‍♂️pity would of been nice to see TFM getting a chance in midfield. In that case Levitt and Garner in the middle with Gomes ahead of them hopefully. 

It’s basically an U23 team + Grant, Shaw and Lingard.

Crazy. I think Mellor and Puigmal are also deserving of game time, so hopefully we play well and they can come on.

Tough conditions though. -11 weather and a trip to what is basically Asia.

A 1-0 win with some confident displays would be more than ideal.

21 minutes ago, MrSwellman said:

Anyone fancy a bet on how many of these kids actually make it here? 

Greenwood, Garner and Laird.

But what’s your point?

They’re only being used as it’s a very long journey ahead of Villa, Spurs and City next week.

1 hour ago, O said:

Greenwood, Garner and Laird.

But what’s your point?

They’re only being used as it’s a very long journey ahead of Villa, Spurs and City next week.

So in other words, it’s not this great joyous occasion that some would like to portray it as, but instead, merely fulfilling a fixture in an already tragic competition.

Pointless game. Pointless game time for these youngsters other than to they’ll get to say “oh I played for United.” Except when they’re telling that story we’ll probably be obsolete.....YIPPEE. Pointless, pointless, absolutely fucking pointless.

Nice for the young lad with cancer I suppose. That’s the only thing I can take from this bloody game in a shite competition. Yawn.

Where is Paddy McNair, Tyler Blackett, Cameron Borthwick-Jackson or Donald fucking Love? Some equally as shite players coming through at the moment, no doubt.

Chill Wellers. Its a moment in the spotlight for most of them. Indeed its a nothing game in a nothing competition. But we need it desperately. Its embarrassing i know but we have to win the Euro Disney vase to get back with the proper teams.  UEFA wont be opening it up to the top 8 in the Prem so we have to go all the way.  We have to give whoever the new manager is going to be something to go at.  We cant continue like this.

12 hours ago, Deez Nutz said:

Can't wait until one of the youngsters makes an inevitable error, and someone  on here slags them off as if they have killed a child.

It's a Thursday afternoon kick off in Kazahkstan. Nobody's going to be watching.

13 hours ago, Deez Nutz said:

Can't wait until one of the youngsters makes an inevitable error, and someone  on here slags them off as if they have killed a child.

You clearly have never ventured on twitter.