Sign in to follow this  
haggler

Pep loses the plot

As soon as you saw todays teamsheets you knew City were going to ship goals

Laporte and Company absence + Stones reappearance = chaos

But ol pep totally flipped his lid on the touchline and his sarcasm to the ref team at end will surely earn him a ban.

30 years of hurt are about to come to an end for the pile

If pep fails in CL I see him leaving before next season

I've said this for maybe 2 years now, that City will face a big rebuild sooner or later.

Agüero, Silva, Yaya, Fernandinho, Kompany, Zabaleta and Hart were the spine of the team for years.

They managed to replace Yaya, Zabaleta and Hart with Gündoğan, Walker and Ederson. But players like Agüero and Silva are very, very difficult to replace long term.

They've had a lot of bad luck with injuries compared to Liverpool. KDB last season. Mendy his entire City career. Sané and Laporte this season. Ederson missing today. These things will affect any team, let alone City's squad.

I don't think Pep has the patience to manage through a rebuild. So he will be gone soon.

That will be their XI moving forward (next season)

Jesus

Sterling---------------------------------RW

Bernardo-------KDB

Rodri

Ageliño-----Laporte----CB------Walker

Ederson

I can see Bravo, Otamendi, Stones, Mendy, Fernandinho (retire or move to China/Brazil), Silva (confirmed) Sané, Mahrez and maybe even Agüero all leaving within the next 12-14 months.

That's still a quality XI. But would require a reliable CB to parter Laporte, and a quality RW should Sané leave.

On 10/11/2019 at 23:05, O said:

I've said this for maybe 2 years now, that City will face a big rebuild sooner or later.

Agüero, Silva, Yaya, Fernandinho, Kompany, Zabaleta and Hart were the spine of the team for years.

They managed to replace Yaya, Zabaleta and Hart with Gündoğan, Walker and Ederson. But players like Agüero and Silva are very, very difficult to replace long term.

They've had a lot of bad luck with injuries compared to Liverpool. KDB last season. Mendy his entire City career. Sané and Laporte this season. Ederson missing today. These things will affect any team, let alone City's squad.

I don't think Pep has the patience to manage through a rebuild. So he will be gone soon.

That will be their XI moving forward (next season)

Jesus

Sterling---------------------------------RW

Bernardo-------KDB

Rodri

Ageliño-----Laporte----CB------Walker

Ederson

I can see Bravo, Otamendi, Stones, Mendy, Fernandinho (retire or move to China/Brazil), Silva (confirmed) Sané, Mahrez and maybe even Agüero all leaving within the next 12-14 months.

That's still a quality XI. But would require a reliable CB to parter Laporte, and a quality RW should Sané leave.

Haven't they already replaced David Silva with Bernardo, Yaya Toure with De Bruyne, Fernandinho with Rodri, Aguero with Sterling (in terms of value - the supporting attackers like Nasri and Dzeko are the equivalent of Mahrez/Sane and Jesus, if not worse), and Kompany with Laporte (Kompany's prior partners like Demichelis, Lescott etc. being no better than Laporte's current partners)?

Looks to me like they've done a good re-build job, proactively, which is a large part of the reason why "Pep's spending is insane". People are saying they're just stockpiling talent but Silva, Toure, Aguero and Kompany were replaced while they were still there, setting things up well for the future.