O

2019/2020: PL Matchday 12 - Man Utd vs Brighton

30 minutes ago, Canto said:

Well lads, just wondering are we allowed enjoy that win and performance or what's the story?

No we are not....try to find the most negative thing about the game you can think off if not make up stuff.

1 hour ago, O said:

Fred playing more passes through the middle down the sides of the CB helped us create more.

Need to see that more from him.

But yeah, we'll need to sign another CM/AM who can help us break down the low block. Maddison/Bruno Fernandes.

Bruno Fernandes isn’t interested. The Bastard said so. 

That takes some of the pressure off. Brighton were pretty poor but their away form has been that way. But let's not take anything away from a decent performance from United. Should have been 5-1 but Rashford contrived to miss two golden chances. Sheff United away will be a tougher test.

13 hours ago, robbo777 said:

A wins a win so I’ll take that. Our failure to convert chances is hugely frustrating, as is Ole’s reluctance to use subs. 

Even so, scoring three goals twice in a few days is a definite improvement on our 'goal a game' shit. We're making the chances now.

1 hour ago, pearson77 said:

Even so, scoring three goals twice in a few days is a definite improvement on our 'goal a game' shit. We're making the chances now.

Since martial has come back our attack is 100% better. We still need to get some back to back wins but at least the threat of relegation appears to have been lifted.

It was nice to see a little bit of confidence from the whole team, we seemed to push up a little higher and cut out their attacks a lot quicker thought Maguire had a wonderful game just constantly nipping in front of the forward to nick the forward ball and his partner Lindeloff seemed to have the confidence to play some riskier balls forward into space rather than just side by side with Maguire or a midfielder dropping deep. It kinda felt like it all started from there really. Of course AWB was fantastic, when isn't he? and Williams wants that position so fucking bad and boy did he take his chance, fair play to the lad i've not felt this excited about our fullbacks since Evra and Wes Brown. Both AWB and Williams have desire and bite, both are capable of getting forward but probably need to work on their crossing a little bit but it feels we finally have solid foundation, of course there will be bumps in the road with Williams and probably AWB but we have decent under studies, i hear that Luke Shaw isn't a bad player, not seen it myself yet though. And of course Dalot to come back in. 

Fred probably had his best game for us yet, his run in the teams seems to be paying off to some degree, i sincerely hope he can kick on from this and cement his place. Him and Scotty Mac are started to compliment one another very well, put Pogba in front of the pair and we might just have a decent midfield yet. 

Now lets be honest about Daniel James, we've not had a player as exciting player when he gets on the ball since Ronaldo. Not to compare or suggest James will get anywhere near Ronaldo's level BUT theres just a brilliant buzz of excitement and anticipation when he's running toward goal with the ball that i don't think we've seen since Ronaldo. But to James credit he's already adding to his game, i'd argue that since he first came here his crossing wasn't really his strongest point, but now a lot of his crosses are dangerous, he also gets to the by line and puts it in, old fashioned stuff but it works. 

Rashford and Tony M could be a series partnership, deadly in fact. If given the space to play both seem to be able to find one another and trust each other with the ball. Sure the finishing isn't amazing just yet but it feels like theres an actual partnership developing, when was the last time we had anything like that? And as i said previously place Pogba in behind the two and you've got something enjoyable to watch if anything. 

Theres still issues, we can't do anything with corners both taking and defending, theres going to be crappy loses along the way and dull boring performances, i still fall in the category that Ole is the man with the right idea but potentially not the right man to implement it, but he's got time to try as far as i'm concerned. 

Edited by ALF

2 hours ago, ALF said:

It was nice to see a little bit of confidence from the whole team, we seemed to push up a little higher and cut out their attacks a lot quicker thought Maguire had a wonderful game just constantly nipping in front of the forward to nick the forward ball and his partner Lindeloff seemed to have the confidence to play some riskier balls forward into space rather than just side by side with Maguire or a midfielder dropping deep. It kinda felt like it all started from there really. Of course AWB was fantastic, when isn't he? and Williams wants that position so fucking bad and boy did he take his chance, fair play to the lad i've not felt this excited about our fullbacks since Evra and Wes Brown. Both AWB and Williams have desire and bite, both are capable of getting forward but probably need to work on their crossing a little bit but it feels we finally have solid foundation, of course there will be bumps in the road with Williams and probably AWB but we have decent under studies, i hear that Luke Shaw isn't a bad player, not seen it myself yet though. And of course Dalot to come back in. 

Fred probably had his best game for us yet, his run in the teams seems to be paying off to some degree, i sincerely hope he can kick on from this and cement his place. Him and Scotty Mac are started to compliment one another very well, put Pogba in front of the pair and we might just have a decent midfield yet. 

Now lets be honest about Daniel James, we've not had a player as exciting player when he gets on the ball since Ronaldo. Not to compare or suggest James will get anywhere near Ronaldo's level BUT theres just a brilliant buzz of excitement and anticipation when he's running toward goal with the ball that i don't think we've seen since Ronaldo. But to James credit he's already adding to his game, i'd argue that since he first came here his crossing wasn't really his strongest point, but now a lot of his crosses are dangerous, he also gets to the by line and puts it in, old fashioned stuff but it works. 

Rashford and Tony M could be a series partnership, deadly in fact. If given the space to play both seem to be able to find one another and trust each other with the ball. Sure the finishing isn't amazing just yet but it feels like theres an actual partnership developing, when was the last time we had anything like that? And as i said previously place Pogba in behind the two and you've got something enjoyable to watch if anything. 

Theres still issues, we can't do anything with corners both taking and defending, theres going to be crappy loses along the way and dull boring performances, i still fall in the category that Ole is the man with the right idea but potentially not the right man to implement it, but he's got time to try as far as i'm concerned. 

It's Brighton mate

We are shit

11 minutes ago, aardvarked said:

It's Brighton mate

We are shit

If only TFIA and you could agree to shoot each other.

You miserable fuck.

2 hours ago, ALF said:

AWB is terrible. All he does is put in 6 slide tackles a game.

43 minutes ago, aardvarked said:

It's Brighton mate

We are shit

The type of shit we'd get beat by in the past 5/6 years, Glenn Murray made us his bitch a few times too. In a reality where we are shit you gotta praise and be hopeful when we're not actually shit. 

32 minutes ago, O said:

If only TFIA and you could agree to shoot each other.

You miserable fuck.

AWB is terrible. All he does is put in 6 slide tackles a game.

6 more tackles than any other fullback we've had in years, his game will come but being sound defensively is a plus.  

26 minutes ago, ALF said:

The type of shit we'd get beat by in the past 5/6 years, Glenn Murray made us his bitch a few times too. In a reality where we are shit you gotta praise and be hopeful when we're not actually shit. 

6 more tackles than any other fullback we've had in years, his game will come but being sound defensively is a plus.  

Being defensively solid went out with Mourinho and swellman.