Sign in to follow this  
O

Brandon Williams 2019/2020

Don't think he has a thread.

He's been the most impressive out of the kids, Greenwood aside, and can probably become our 1st choice LB by the end of the season if he keeps this up.

One of the few enjoyable aspects of our recent plight.

Just now, dodgy dave said:

forrest gump could make youngs place look threatened, your settling for better than we have,instead of better than the rest of the league.

I would like to bring players through if they have the ability and mentality, which he has shown to have in abundance thus far.

There aren't many great LB options out there right now. They mainly play for the elite clubs already.

5 minutes ago, dodgy dave said:

forrest gump could make youngs place look threatened, your settling for better than we have,instead of better than the rest of the league.

3 minutes ago, O said:

I would like to bring players through if they have the ability and mentality, which he has shown to have in abundance thus far.

There aren't many great LB options out there right now. They mainly play for the elite clubs already.

This - and if nothing else he could become a dependable second option but why stick that sort of cap on him right now ?  we don't know his ceiling yet 

He's certainly been impressive in his two starts so far, both his ability and mentality.  I think it's right to ease him into the team to start with rather than just throwing him in, but he'll certainly get more chances.

Who knows though, the LB spot is certainly up for grabs, so if he continues in the same fashion then he could make it is.

We actually dont need any more left backs,or right or centers, So discussing them is pointless. Young will start against Norwich, he must have the dirty on some1 at the club, probally photo`s of Ed stuck up a goat. and the poor goat came for a interview as new head groundsman as it would be far more cost effective for trimming the grass than paying some men. Ed anomics in action.

We need 4 midfielders ,we need to sell 3,and give 2 away and 4 attackers, we need to sell 3.

Looks much more solid than Young. Better in every sense. He's not great offensively but he can actually drive us up the pitch too which is important.

Hopefully he can improve his left foot though.

3 minutes ago, TheManc said:

Looks much more solid than Young. Better in every sense. He's not great offensively but he can actually drive us up the pitch too which is important.

Hopefully he can improve his left foot though.

He's very good going forward for the u23s/18s tbf probably a case of not wanting to be too mad going forward this early in his senior career and getting caught out defensively a lot and ending up not getting the chances anymore if he starts costing goals. I'm sure he'll start showing it more the more comfortable he gets. 

Think he should be second choice now and if he keeps playing like he has think he has a chance of  becoming first choice by the end of the season, he has a great attitude and desire. 

Like McTominay, he has a stronger mentality than the majority of his age group peers, despite some of them having more natural talent.

He will get better and better with more exposure. The attitude is there.

Another impressive performance from him, solid for most of the game. Away at Stamford Bridge is a difficult game anyway, but considering how isolated he was left up against Chelsea's wide men he did a great job.

He's got such a great attitude, and last night in particular we saw that he's got some fire in his belly. Great to see, especially after recent years.

4 minutes ago, O said:

Why?

A lot of young players get lost once a manger goes. Ole isn't going to last and I suspect he'll be one of the casualties. 

Does he even look that promising? He looks scared to take risks, can be slow to overlap, and seems alright defensively, but he's not had much of a challenge. 

Just strikes me like one of those players really, like Borthwick-Jackson (who at least had a great cross on him). I know the club are trying to create a channel between the academy and the first team, but once Young leaves, we'll buy a new LB and that will be it. Probably...

Just now, Juanderful said:

A lot of young players get lost once a manger goes. Ole isn't going to last and I suspect he'll be one of the casualties. 

Does he even look that promising? He looks scared to take risks, can be slow to overlap, and seems alright defensively, but he's not had much of a challenge. 

Just strikes me like one of those players really, like Borthwick-Jackson (who at least had a great cross on him). I know the club are trying to create a channel between the academy and the first team, but once Young leaves, we'll buy a new LB and that will be it. Probably...

I've been very impressed. His attitude will take him far. He is fearless.

He's very good at driving forward 10-30 yards forward with the ball. He's quick to close down his wide man, and doesn't dive in unless absolutely necessary. AWB hasn't looked any better than him, and we paid a fortune for him.

He's had a good start to 1st team football.

Just now, O said:

I've been very impressed. His attitude will take him far. He is fearless.

He's very good at driving forward 10-30 yards forward with the ball. He's quick to close down his wide man, and doesn't dive in unless absolutely necessary. AWB hasn't looked any better than him, and we paid a fortune for him.

He's had a good start to 1st team football.

He does have age on his side, to be fair. I've just largely been... whelmed. At least with AWB, he excels defensively.

I wouldn't mind if your prediction turned out to be true, I just don't think management will decide to not buy a LB to give him a clear pathway into the team like they did with selling Lukaku to make Rashford the main forward. 

100 % has to start against Sheffield United in our next game and move ahead of Young in the pecking order from here on in, i'd even argue ahead of Shaw but taking him in and out of the line up for Shaw every now and again when needed to protect him a bit.

A really really good first start in the league from him was very solid defensively and was very unlucky not to score too which really would of been the cherry on top. Showed his usual determination and drive and I love how easily he's stepped up to mens football it hasn't fazed him at all. So much energy about him too was up and down all day, if he could work on his left foot a bit more he'd be a real weapon going forward too to be able to go either side.

Also another moment or two of shithousery which was nice to see too. Nice touch taking him off so he could get his well deserved standing ovation.

12 hours ago, Rasfire said:

Congrats to Brandon.

He has now scored as many goal as Luke Shaw and one more than Wan Bissaka!

but he`s a defender ?. Its a bit like gashly old, who cant defend.

I want my defenders to first of all DEFEND, He had a bad game yesterday, he was raped in public and the police never arrested the culprits.

We said the same about Young, a great crosser on the overlap but he cant defend.

Wan the man can defend ,but he can learn to cross (maybe) but this would be a bonus. 

Williams had a 2 out of 10 yesterday but the goal pushed him up to a 6.

12 minutes ago, dodgy dave said:

but he`s a defender ?. Its a bit like gashly old, who cant defend.

I want my defenders to first of all DEFEND, He had a bad game yesterday, he was raped in public and the police never arrested the culprits.

We said the same about Young, a great crosser on the overlap but he cant defend.

Wan the man can defend ,but he can learn to cross (maybe) but this would be a bonus. 

Williams had a 2 out of 10 yesterday but the goal pushed him up to a 6.

He was out of his depth for most of the game but, yeh, the goal elevated him some (it was a cracker after all). Might be wise to play him against softer opposition until he gets used to the step up from reserve team football.