hdcantona

Europa League: Matchday 2 - AZ Alkmaar vs Man Utd

Romero

Dalot* Axel Jones Williams

Fred Matic

James Gomes Chong

Greenwood

We're not winning this, either a draw or a loss. They've got some handy young players in Stengs and Boadu especially

Edit: Chong is playing for the u23s tonight so most likely won't be involved in this so fuck knows how we'll line up really. Maybe James wide left and Greenwood right and Rashford up top 🤷‍♂️

Double edit: He's just been taken off at half time in a pre planned move so probably will be in the squad at least 😂

Edited by Canto

Just now, Munroe said:

Dalot and Gomes are in the squad. Doesn't look like Young has travelled, so hopefully Williams gets his first start.

We have to be careful Marilyn.  Astana ended up no push overs because we are shite. AZ will be a couple of notches better.

Ole moaning in the pre match prezzer about playing on an artificial pitch.    The match is being played at Den Haag's stadium not Alkmaar's, so they don't play on artificial grass either.

6 o'clock kick off GMT remember people.

Edited by THE BASTARD

Looking at the team and Axel not starting while Lindelof does makes me think Axel might start against Newcastle with Lindelof dropped.

Great to see Williams get his first start and excited as always to see Gomes and Greenwood start. 

28 minutes ago, Canto said:

Looking at the team and Axel not starting while Lindelof does makes me think Axel might start against Newcastle with Lindelof dropped.

Great to see Williams get his first start and excited as always to see Gomes and Greenwood start. 

Axel probably banished after costing us the game on Monday.

4 minutes ago, John Locke said:

I like this team 👍

We're losing by 3 goals.

4 minutes ago, TFIA said:

Axel probably banished after costing us the game on Monday.

We're losing by 3 goals.

I doubt it but id rather our youngsters lose by 3 than see our senior players grind put an uninspiring draw.

goal kick routine:

DDG passes to Lindelof

Lindelof tries a forward pass to a player who is marked by the opposition 

ball lost 

they are in attack (and they are shit)

repeat as many times as you can