hdcantona

2020 Transfer Targets

Recommended Posts

Whether in January or certainly the summer we will need help - obviously creative midfield, right wing and left back are problem areas, maybe a holding mid too to some extent, but I think it is possible not only for depth reasons but also just quality in itself we may need a new striker
 



Martial struggling to stay fit is a concern but it seems clear that Rashford can't cut it as a 9 if he doesn't change the way he tries to play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, hdcantona said:

I mean we need a new starting one - top end, whereas during the summer I thought a ben yedder type would've been enough

Thing is though who's out there that we could buy like that, that would want to come to us as we are though and who aren't just here for the money? Think there's a shortage of them as there is tbh. Think we're going to have to go down the young potential route tbh and hope he can devolp into a top end striker reasonably quickly

Think we're going to have to go down that route from now on in general and tbh I don't mind too much sick of the mercenaries and when you look at Liverpool I don't think any single one of there big players came in as a big name player but became one there we just need to make sure we get more Manes then we do Depays.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Canto said:

Thing is though who's out there that we could buy like that, that would want to come to us as we are though and who aren't just here for the money? Think there's a shortage of them as there is tbh. Think we're going to have to go down the young potential route tbh and hope he can devolp into a top end striker reasonably quickly

Think we're going to have to go down that route from now on in general and tbh I don't mind too much sick of the mercenaries and when you look at Liverpool I don't think any single one of there big players came in as a big name player but became one there we just need to make sure we get more Manes then we do Depays.

 

We've been scouting Vedat Muriqi recently according to some reports.

1 goal & 2 assists against England this month. 25 years old.

We should have signed Llorente on a free. Would have been a good 1 year signing. He scored 2 goals today and 1 against Liverpool the other night.

Knows the league. A good target man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd also consider loaning in Luka Jović in January. Zidane doesn't like, or at least prefers Benzema still.

Mariano Díaz would be another good loan option. He's rotting away at Real and is a good goalscorer.

Just ask @Txrt who got dicked by him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, O said:

I'd also consider loaning in Luka Jović in January. Zidane doesn't like, or at least prefers Benzema still.

Mariano Díaz would be another good loan option. He's rotting away at Real and is a good goalscorer.

Just ask @Txrt who got dicked by him.

Zidane will be sacked by November

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, aardvarked said:

Zidane will be sacked by November

Don't think so. Just went top of La Liga tonight. Good away win in Seville.

They aren't playing well but can still win La Liga. Just need Hazard to find some fitness and form.

And Mourinho would probably pick Benzema too. Did well for him there. 5 goals from 5 league games now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd argue chance creation is a bigger issue than a goalscorer, albeit we absolutely need both (and more). I'm not sure who is feasible to buy in January though.

Surely we can buy Haaland? I've seen virtually nothing of him but heard good things and we could throw enough money to prize him away.

Granted, he would be coming into a team that doesn't create so he would labelled as a flop pretty quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Piazza said:

Yeah he definitely deserves to be at an actual football club instead of being stuck here. 

Back to Palace where it’s okay to defend only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MrSwellman said:

The striker should have been solved years ago. We should have signed Vardy a few seasons back but give our current style even more so now. 

Should have signed him in 2015. He's 32 now and would still cost far too much.

Callum Wilson might be an ok shout. Would still cost a fortune. 

Piatek on AC would cost a bomb.

Luka Jovic might be a good shout depending on Madrid.

Zlatan on loan during the MLS break. like. fuck it.

Icardi even with all his baggage would have been fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, rezzy said:

Should have signed him in 2015. He's 32 now and would still cost far too much.

Callum Wilson might be an ok shout. Would still cost a fortune. 

Piatek on AC would cost a bomb.

Luka Jovic might be a good shout depending on Madrid.

Zlatan on loan during the MLS break. like. fuck it.

Icardi even with all his baggage would have been fine.

 

16 minutes ago, MrSwellman said:

The striker should have been solved years ago. We should have signed Vardy a few seasons back but give our current style even more so now. 

Benteke was the one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheManc said:

You're living in fantasy land if you think Madrid would loan us Jovic.

The same Real that have loaned out James, Ceballos, Ødegaard, etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, O said:

The same Real that have loaned out James, Ceballos, Ødegaard, etc?

Completely different situation considering he was only just bought, would be 6 months into his time there and it would be mid season.

Bizarre comparison. If he has a bad 12 months then the Summer is plausible if they replace him, but not in January.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TheManc said:

Completely different situation considering he was only just bought, would be 6 months into his time there and it would be mid season.

Bizarre comparison. If he has a bad 12 months then the Summer is plausible if they replace him, but not in January.

Not plausible for him to want to play regular games ahead of Euro 2020. Okay m8.

Huntelaar spent 5 months at Real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now