Romero

Subs: Grant, Rojo, Maguire, Matić, Garner, Mata, James

2-0 win.

Romero

Wan-Bissaka Tuanzebe Rojo Williams

Garner Fred

Greenwood Gomes Chong 

Rashford

Subs: Grant, Young, Jones, Matic, Levitt, James, Ramazani.

Save Scott for the weekend. Young will be up against Yarmolenko on Sunday so I'd rest him as well. Give Rashy the armband for this one. 

Good to see us playing on Wednesday in this cup, we need plenty of rest for West Ham. Wait what do you mean we play Thursday? What, who are this team, FC Astana, I guess it's one of those unknown teams who will love to upset the odds. Europa League? This won't be fun.

Edited by RedDevilDazzy

On 16/09/2019 at 08:55, RedDevilDazzy said:

Good to see us playing on Wednesday in this cup, we need plenty of rest for West Ham. Wait what do you mean we play Thursday? What, who are this team, FC Astana, I guess it's one of those unknown teams who will love to upset the odds. Europa League? This won't be fun.

Astana is the capital of Kazakstan, that's all I know. Oh, they have a nice stadium too.

Its a chance to throw a load of the young lads out.  Its a win win situation.   The only problem being is that Ole will no doubt have in the back of his mind that this competition is our most likely route back into the champo's.

He may just shit himself and throw Matic, Mata, Lingard et al into the mix.   Then its a nailed on snooze fest of miserable, slow lethargic football smattered with misplaced passes, zero cohesion or direction, and still after 6 years or more, no fuckin leadership.

Astana will obviously be dreadful.   Even Sergio Romero should get a brace of goals in this shit show. But I'm sure they'll enjoy the visit all the same.

Romero

Dalot Axel Jones Rojo

Fred McTom

Lingard Gomes Chong

Greenwood

Is what i'd like to see be the starting line up from those who were at training today although Rojo at left back gives me nightmates but Williams wasn't training today so won't be involved and I'd want to give AWB a rest with his back issue. 

James not playing after getting a knock v leicester - but we really shouldn't need him anyway for these 

1 hour ago, Canto said:

Romero

Dalot Axel Jones Rojo

Fred McTom

Lingard Gomes Chong

Greenwood

Is what i'd like to see be the starting line up from those who were at training today although Rojo at left back gives me nightmates but Williams wasn't training today so won't be involved and I'd want to give AWB a rest with his back issue. 

I like this but would play Matic instead of mctominay (keep the latter fresher for west ham) 

7 minutes ago, hdcantona said:

James not playing after getting a knock v leicester - but we really shouldn't need him anyway for these 

I like this but would play Matic instead of mctominay (keep the latter fresher for west ham) 

Yeah I actually had Matic in there but took him out to have a bit more energy in there to cover for the younger lads up the pitch but yeah I wouldn't mind Matic in there either really and if things are going well and we're comfortable get Garner on for Fred who i'd like to see start vs West Ham over Matic aswell.

It's a pity that it looks like Levitt won't be on the bench either or any other youngsters for the bench other then the usuals but I suppose I can't complain too much especially if the youngsters I have in my line up do start.

9 hours ago, Canto said:

Romero

Dalot Axel Jones Rojo

Fred McTom

Lingard Gomes Chong

Greenwood

Looks good but I don't see both Chong and Gomes starting. Throw Juan or Pereira in.

3 minutes ago, PeeJay said:

Looks good but I don't see both Chong and Gomes starting. Throw Juan or Pereira in.

It was more what I wanted to see rather then what I expect to see but I hope it's what happens tbh there's no reason why they both shouldn't be able to start at home against a side like Astana with all due respect to them with the more experienced players on the bench if needed

If it's a case of either or i'd hope it's Gomes that gets the nod.

As much as I would love to see it, I just can’t see Ole throwing in all 3 of them in as starters.

With Greenwood a confirmed starter and Chong already getting some minutes against Leicester, I really really hope he plays Gomes today. I’ll be gutted if Gomes doesn’t start. For him and us fans.