Sign in to follow this  
O

2019/2020: PL Matchday 2 - Wolves vs Man Utd

13 minutes ago, St!mpy said:

Wolves on a Monday night. Jesus H Christ. 

This will be a lot tougher than Chelsea.

Everyone knows their exact XI and formation, but it just keeps working for them.

If our midfield play as badly as they did during spells of the game against Chelsea, we won’t win.

I’d take a draw, but hopefully we win.

27 minutes ago, O said:

Everyone knows their exact XI and formation, but it just keeps working for them.

If our midfield play as badly as they did during spells of the game against Chelsea, we won’t win.

Not half 'O'.   We go into the first half against Wolves half asleep like we did against Chelsea  and we could find ourselves chasing the game early doors.   Our pass completion was fuckin dreadful and everyone was guilty at some stage.

15 minutes ago, John Locke said:

Seems like such a long wait till next monday. I'm not worried boys. We're a different animal compared to where we were at the back end of last season.

With all due respect Lockster I think its fair to assume that's the least we expected.

13 hours ago, O said:

Yep, I do feel that Wolves will continue to disrupt and take points off top sides. Another worry is that they are well organized and very compact against the bigger sides, I don't know where or how we'll break them down. 

We'll have to be patient.  We looked very nervous for 35 minutes against Chelsea and were fortunate not to go a couple of goals down. We will have to show a lot more discipline especially with our ball retention.  It was shocking. Basically passing the ball straight back to them.    Chelsea were well aware of Uniteds edginess in posession like teams were last season and the season before.  They forced the mistakes because we arent the most adept team at keeping the ball.    I expect a similar approach from Wolves.  Harass and press early doors. Ride it out for 30 mins and we should be fine.

Just now, O said:

Treble off already?

This is the needed loss of points that every big team has before they totally succeed. The equivalent of the first match of Guardiola's Barcelona in Los Pajaritos against Numancia where they drew and then went on to win six titles in the year. 

The only small difference is thate will not draw, but lose 3-0. And that we will finish 8th in the league instead of first while probably receiving something more scandalous than a 2-6 loss. But nothing too important.

2 hours ago, Txrt said:

This is the needed loss of points that every big team has before they totally succeed. The equivalent of the first match of Guardiola's Barcelona in Los Pajaritos against Numancia where they drew and then went on to win six titles in the year. 

The only small difference is thate will not draw, but lose 3-0. And that we will finish 8th in the league instead of first while probably receiving something more scandalous than a 2-6 loss. But nothing too important.

I was once asked to go on trial at Numanica.

17 hours ago, THE BASTARD said:

With all due respect Lockster I think its fair to assume that's the least we expected.

I'm convinced we can get the job done at molyneux. Home to palace though, a team that'll most likely park the bus, I'm less sure of how we'll cope with the challenge of breaking down a defensive team.

2 hours ago, Txrt said:

Really? Wow, Soria is colder than Ireland though. Dry as fuck but freezing.

Fuck, no. I was just fucking with you.

Having said that, Numanica would still be in La Liga if their players could run like me.

20 hours ago, John Locke said:

I'm convinced we can get the job done at molyneux. Home to palace though, a team that'll most likely park the bus, I'm less sure of how we'll cope with the challenge of breaking down a defensive team.

If they do decide to park then we will struggle immensely. 

Ole’s press conferences are painfully PG.

Always says the appropriate thing, even if he is lying.

“Alexis can turn it around”

He also hyped up man like Fred. But that was probably another lie. 😞

Difficult to call this one. Wolves can be great at times but were the only team Huddersfield won in 7 months, so must have been crap that day. Against us they'll be well up for it and we've got to top that to win.

It would be a great start to the season if we can take all three points! Hoping that we punish them on the break and cling to City and liverpool!