MrSwellman

Paul Pogba 2019/20

5 hours ago, Mkhi22 said:

Mikel Arteta tested positive for Coronavirus. The full first team squad now in isolation

That virus is a real disaster . The mass still can't realize that . 

16 hours ago, JJtheRed said:

That’s beside the point. There’s enough he’s done and said without the need to fabricate stuff to serve an agenda. 

Cop-out. 

Cop out to what? Short of him literally calling you up personally singing Hala Madrid and calling the Class of 92 cunts, there's nothing more that can be done to convince you he wants out of the club. 

You can grip onto his choice of verbs, or you can see clearly that he couldn't give a fuck about this club, had his agent and family doing his bidding in the media, and as linked above, isn't shy about saying himself how he wants out. Time to wake up and accept the Pogba era has been a disaster.

If the latest reports are to be believed (and I personally don't) then there is no hope for the stupidity for those who think he's had a Bruno-related epiphany and wants to build a dynasty with him here. It would be for the singular reason that Raiola has noticed interest in him has cooled drastically and sees this pathetic board as the golden opportunity to rinse more money from. Any extra penny that this guy puts in his and his dirty agent's pocket is a disgrace to the history of the club.

3 hours ago, SimplyGiggs said:

Cop out to what? Short of him literally calling you up personally singing Hala Madrid and calling the Class of 92 cunts, there's nothing more that can be done to convince you he wants out of the club. 

You can grip onto his choice of verbs, or you can see clearly that he couldn't give a fuck about this club, had his agent and family doing his bidding in the media, and as linked above, isn't shy about saying himself how he wants out. Time to wake up and accept the Pogba era has been a disaster.

If the latest reports are to be believed (and I personally don't) then there is no hope for the stupidity for those who think he's had a Bruno-related epiphany and wants to build a dynasty with him here. It would be for the singular reason that Raiola has noticed interest in him has cooled drastically and sees this pathetic board as the golden opportunity to rinse more money from. Any extra penny that this guy puts in his and his dirty agent's pocket is a disgrace to the history of the club.

Pogba wants to go, his refusal to shut his agent up is an insult and he should be sold for a good fee, but there's no denying a huge amount of BS gets attributed to him that shouldn't. 

People genuinely believed he was refusing to play for us and faking an injury FFS. 

Edited by TheManc

19 minutes ago, TheManc said:

Pogba wants to go, his refusal to shut his agent up is an insult and he should be sold for a good fee, but there's no denying a huge amount of BS gets attributed to him that shouldn't. 

People genuinely believed he was refusing to play for us and faking an injury FFS. 

He also gets an awful lot of leeway amongst the fanbase who tend to overlook his many shortcomings. There's two sides of the coin: the Souness-related hyperbole, and the idea that he's so outrageously good, that it's beneath him to play with this squad. The reality is really that he's vastly overrated, vastly overpaid, has a scumbag agent who'll drag the club through the mud and doesn't have the application or attitude to turn his good talent into a world class one. 

Fair play to him if he gets even a few kids sneezing into the crook of their elbow instead into there hands or just spraying the sneeze everywhere it will be worth all the abuse he'll no doubt get for this too. Actually a pretty clever way to get the kids to do it tbh

5 hours ago, SimplyGiggs said:

He also gets an awful lot of leeway amongst the fanbase who tend to overlook his many shortcomings. There's two sides of the coin: the Souness-related hyperbole, and the idea that he's so outrageously good, that it's beneath him to play with this squad. The reality is really that he's vastly overrated, vastly overpaid, has a scumbag agent who'll drag the club through the mud and doesn't have the application or attitude to turn his good talent into a world class one. 

No player has ever had as many clowns bending over backwards to defend poor behaviour. The guy has to go, even at a loss, he has to dab his way out the fucking door.

I say corona to him and his fans.. Fake the lot of em. Just like him. No passion or grit.. Without due diligence.. Passion and grit.. Your just a hyped up league one player. 

Saf got it right.. He called it.. As it really was.. He saw through his arrogance and bullshit.. A few tricks don't make you a great footballer.. This ain't keep uppies.. Its a job. A career. You work and serve others.. Either do it with passion or you know where the door is.. I'd pay to get rid of the virus.. United are cured without him.. All hail Ole... the anointed one.. 

The fact is Pogba is an employee of Man Utd and should do his best on the field regardless, he  should shut his brother and agent up, because they make him seem a twat, if he wants to stay, he should come out and say so, and get on with his rehab and do his best on the pitch, if he wants to leave, he ain't doing himself any favours. 

Edited by Deez Nutz

Lol @people saying Pogba is overrated, he really isn't. It's just that the parameters on what a central midfielder changed when discussing him. If he does leave then replace him with someone of equal quality, otherwise we're back to square one with all the expectations heaped on Fernandes. 

2 hours ago, Danny boy said:

Lol @people saying Pogba is overrated, he really isn't. It's just that the parameters on what a central midfielder changed when discussing him. If he does leave then replace him with someone of equal quality, otherwise we're back to square one with all the expectations heaped on Fernandes. 

We absolutely need to replace him if he goes. It's a good job this "bad behaviour" of his hasn't reached the level of Rooney who publicly leaked stories and dismissed his teammates, who also turned up drunk for training multiple times, Van Nistlerooy who picked fights with teammates and was grumpy around the training ground, Ronaldo who suggested he was a slave, our very own Bruno who was threatening to go on strike to get his move. 

As for his quality, I guess he fluked his way to PL team of the season. His records of top goalscorer, top assist maker, most shots on target, most fouls won, chances created, possession won, duels won, passes into the final third etc are all fake news.

It's always been quite ridiculous how all the talk even in 2018 was "get rid of Pogba, he isn't doing enough" when it should have been "Replace the crap around him and have an actual decent team". 

But yeah, we need 4-5 top difference makers in a starting 11. We basically have two if Pogba goes. I think he's a much better player than someone like Grealish but the swap is a good one if we can also improve elsewhere.

Edited by TheManc

On 17/03/2020 at 13:26, TheManc said:

We absolutely need to replace him if he goes. It's a good job this "bad behaviour" of his hasn't reached the level of Rooney who publicly leaked stories and dismissed his teammates, who also turned up drunk for training multiple times, Van Nistlerooy who picked fights with teammates and was grumpy around the training ground, Ronaldo who suggested he was a slave, our very own Bruno who was threatening to go on strike to get his move. 

Each and every player you mentioned performed at levels we could only dream of Pogba producing.

Rooney all time record goalscorer, who sacrificed himself countless times for the team in a variety of positions.

Ruud, 150 goals in 200 plus games. Four league seasons of 20 plus goals and the only one he didn’t he was injured. 

Ronaldo - I won’t even comprehend comparing what both have achieved at this club. Hilarious point.

Pogba’s overall performances aren’t within a country mile of any of the above. Bruno has already looked a more effective player but it’s far too early to make those judgments.

Really don’t understand why you’re putting “bad behaviour” in quotation marks either. Many here have slated Rooney over his behaviour and by many, I mean he was harangued as much, if not more, than Pogba. Ruud is hardly idolised. Ronaldo was following a boyhood dream and even the great man understood letting him go was the right thing to do.

Why do you think clubs aren’t queuing up for this superstar? Strange. Pogba’s track record of misdeamours are there for all to see, are you attempting to suggest he’s behaved well? If you are, it’s pure delusion. It’s not worth the hassle. We’re either going to be stuck with him or selling him for a loss.

The cult of Pogba is very strange.

3 hours ago, MrSwellman said:

Each and every player you mentioned performed at levels we could only dream of Pogba producing.

Rooney all time record goalscorer, who sacrificed himself countless times for the team in a variety of positions.

Ruud, 150 goals in 200 plus games. Four league seasons of 20 plus goals and the only one he didn’t he was injured. 

Ronaldo - I won’t even comprehend comparing what both have achieved at this club. Hilarious point.

Pogba’s overall performances aren’t within a country mile of any of the above. Bruno has already looked a more effective player but it’s far too early to make those judgments.

Really don’t understand why you’re putting “bad behaviour” in quotation marks either. Many here have slated Rooney over his behaviour and by many he was harangued as much, if not more, than Pogba. Ruud is hardly idolised. Ronaldo was following a boyhood dream and even the great man understood letting him go was the right thing to do.

Why do you think clubs aren’t queuing up for this superstar? Strange. Pogba’s track record of misdeamours are there for all to see, are you attempting to suggest he’s behaved well? If you are, it’s pure delusion. It’s not worth the hassle. We’re either going to be stuck with him or selling him for a loss.

The cult of Pogba is very strange.

Teams aren't queueing up because Juve have all their financial eggs in Ronaldo,'s basket, Barcelona couldn't afford to get Neymar who is a bigger priority and a better player, Madrid spent more than anyone in the world last Summer and want Mbappe, Bayern never buy any player for hundreds of millions and City won't buy from us. Everyone is priced out. Teams not wanting to spent 150M on Pogba doesn't mean they don't think he's a damn good player.

No I think Pogba's use of his agent is a joke to such a degree that it means he should leave us, but his actions whilst wanting a move are really not different to many other top players who try to get their move, and in fact he himself is less of a cancer in the dressing room (supposedly) than many other players who want to move up in the world. I put bad behaviour in quotation marks because some people would have you believe he walks around disrupting everyone and everything with a dark cloud over his dead, when he's seemingly a very decent person in and around the club. The guys I mentioned were achieving more than Pogba but at the same time were in closer-to-peak Man United's. If those guys acted like dicks when trying to get out of title + CL winning Man United, how do you think they'd have acted if they were at the worst United in decades who sold them a false bill of goods? Rooney had 1 season of finishing 2nd after a 3-peat of PL titles before his toys went out of the pram. 

I want him to go in the Summer, so I'm hardly in his cult. I just see a lot of added, ridiculous hate for him which has spiralled out of control. People who genuinely think he's a twat and an average player. It's crazy and actually a shame because we'd be better off replacing the mediocrity around him rather than questioning his ability when we put him in a team of Lingard, Pereira, Lukaku, Sanchez, Smalling, Valencia, Jones, underperforming Fred/Matic, Young etc and then come down hard on him when he doesn't win us the game on his own despite him leading every decent stat we have (granted, stats aren't everything). Not to mention the lazy stereotype that he doesn't care on the pitch, social media activity, acts like he doesn't care etc etc. 

Thankfully we do seem to be putting better pieces on the board now but the damage has been done, from all sides, where he's concerned.

Edited by TheManc

16 minutes ago, TheManc said:

Teams aren't queueing up because Juve have all their financial eggs in Ronaldo,'s basket, Barcelona couldn't afford to get Neymar who is a bigger priority and a better player, Madrid spent more than anyone in the world last Summer and want Mbappe, Bayern never buy any player for hundreds of millions and City won't buy from us. Everyone is priced out. Teams not wanting to spent 150M on Pogba doesn't mean they don't think he's a damn good player.

No I think Pogba's use of his agent is a joke to such a degree that it means he should leave us, but his actions whilst wanting a move are really not different to many other top players who try to get their move, and in fact he himself is less of a cancer in the dressing room (supposedly) than many other players who want to move up in the world. I put bad behaviour in quotation marks because some people would have you believe he walks around disrupting everyone and everything with a dark cloud over his dead, when he's seemingly a very decent person in and around the club. The guys I mentioned were achieving more than Pogba but at the same time were in closer-to-peak Man United's. If those guys acted like dicks when trying to get out of title + CL winning Man United, how do you think they'd have acted if they were at the worst United in decades who sold them a false bill of goods? Rooney had 1 season of finishing 2nd after a 3-peat of PL titles before his toys went out of the pram. 

I want him to go in the Summer, so I'm hardly in his cult. I just see a lot of added, ridiculous hate for him which has spiralled out of control. People who genuinely think he's a twat and an average player. It's crazy and actually a shame because we'd be better off replacing the mediocrity around him rather than questioning his ability when we put him in a team of Lingard, Pereira, Lukaku, Sanchez, Smalling, Valencia, Jones, underperforming Fred/Matic, Young etc and then come down hard on him when he doesn't win us the game on his own despite him leading every decent stat we have (granted, stats aren't everything). Not to mention the lazy stereotype that he doesn't care on the pitch, social media activity, acts like he doesn't care etc etc. 

Thankfully we do seem to be putting better pieces on the board now but the damage has been done, from all sides, where he's concerned.

To put it bluntly, if he was as good as he thinks he is, and his agent thinks, these teams wouldn’t be coming up with an excuses or you wouldn’t have to list them out. Money wouldn’t be an obstacle if he was that good. You can list off the excuses, but if Messi became available tomorrow, all those clubs would at least try and find a way to make it work. They aren’t for him? Why?

As for your second par, and the Rooney example. Again, he was absolutely hammered for that. Way worse than Pogba and he literally had guys in masks turn up to his door. Pogba’s hate is pretty mild in comparison. Guy is a bit of a dick, there’s no denying that. Therefore, people call him out on it.

We’d be better off doing that AND removing the Pogba circus. Every week there is something new with him, his agent, his brother or some leak. It’s not helping our standing as a club either, our supposed “best player” acting like a dick when we’re already at a low ebb. Stats aren’t everything and he’s taken quite a lot of penalties too for his goals just an FYI. For all that, he’s still not worth 100m and I’d snap your hand off for that if offered. In fact, I’d be happy to break even at this stage and draw a line in the sand under the entire Pogbaback affair.

"You have to be very patient because, well my injury, I don't know if people really know what happened,"

"So I had a foot injury, which came in the game against Southampton. It was early this season and so I carried this for a long time, training and trying to be playing with it. After I stopped, I found I had a fracture.

"I had a cast on it, a plaster-cast, so it went very well but too well. The bone got bigger and so, when I came back again, I played those two games against Watford and Newcastle, I could feel something again.

"So I had to have an operation and now here I am. I don't feel anything and, hopefully, I'll be back very soon."

On 11/04/2020 at 22:23, Mkhi22 said:

"You have to be very patient because, well my injury, I don't know if people really know what happened,"

"So I had a foot injury, which came in the game against Southampton. It was early this season and so I carried this for a long time, training and trying to be playing with it. After I stopped, I found I had a fracture.

"I had a cast on it, a plaster-cast, so it went very well but too well. The bone got bigger and so, when I came back again, I played those two games against Watford and Newcastle, I could feel something again.

"So I had to have an operation and now here I am. I don't feel anything and, hopefully, I'll be back very soon."

Thanks for your injury update mate ....now what about Pogba??

😁 😁 

12 hours ago, PVAD said:

Thanks for your injury update mate ....now what about Pogba??

😁😁 

No sweat mate, thought I’d keep you in the loop.

Pogba?... he couldn’t continue the fake injury any longer. Fans were starting to see through it. He had to come up with another plan to get out of playing for the club again this season. Welcome COVID-19 to the world... coincidence???

Edited by Mkhi22