O

La Liga: 2019/2020

16 minutes ago, O said:

The non Xenophobic team deserve it.

Play much better football.

Athletic play like Mourinho would want a team to in 2003.

Eitherway.

I hope both teams defenses shit the bed, lots of goals. And thankfully its not Real or Barca winning it.

Saying that.

Bilbao have won it the second most.

They hoarded those trophies in the early years.

Edited by rezzy

11 minutes ago, rezzy said:

Eitherway.

I hope both teams defenses shit the bed, lots of goals. And thankfully its not Real or Barca winning it.

Saying that.

Bilbao have won it the second most.

They hoarded those trophies in the early years.

1-0 to Athletic from a Raúl García penalty and only 29% possession.

12 minutes ago, O said:

1-0 to Athletic from a Raúl García penalty and only 29% possession.

<5 or >5 shots?

La Real can go 3rd in the league like.

Surely they're big favourites. 

1 hour ago, rezzy said:

<5 or >5 shots?

La Real can go 3rd in the league like.

Surely they're big favourites. 

They should be, yeah. Quality side with good players in evert position bar one or two.

But I expect a shithouse win.

I would sign several of Sociedad's players.

8 minutes ago, TheManc said:

Barca selling their naming rights and giving the proceeds to fighting the virus.

Basically trying to find a way to get more money in a few years though.

Barcelona are going to fall off a cliff soon. They will suffer a massive decline when Messi retires. 

Their signings in recent years have been disastrous. They don't sign player who compliment Messi, but who operate in the same spaces.

Coutinho and Griezmann got/get in his way. Dembélé has actually played well when fit, but his injuries and bad attitude off the pitch have been another disaster.

I can see a few years of them winning nothing in the not too distant future, with Real dominating (they have a strong group of young players in Éder Militão, Hakimi, Valverde, Ødegaard, Kuba, Reinier, Vinícius, Rodrygo and Jović).

Jović (22)

Hazard (29)----------------------Rodrygo (19)

Valverde (21) Ødegaard (21)

Casemiro (28)

Mendy (24) Militão (22) Varane (27) Hakimi (21)

Courtois (27)

Tbf the landscape has shifted in the last decade and I don't think it will ever be hard for Madrid or Barcelona to climb back to being competitive at the top, regardless of how far they fall. They will always find ways of getting money, they will always be in a 2 horse race for the La Liga title and they will always be the two clubs that everyone strives to play for.

It's not like the Premier League where a couple of disastrous seasons can leave you looking at a decade without challenging. The only way this changes is if 2 or 3 teams in Spain get bankrolled by a State. It's the Super Club era now.

Edited by TheManc

2 hours ago, TheManc said:

Tbf the landscape has shifted in the last decade and I don't think it will ever be hard for Madrid or Barcelona to climb back to being competitive at the top, regardless of how far they fall. They will always find ways of getting money, they will always be in a 2 horse race for the La Liga title and they will always be the two clubs that everyone strives to play for.

It's not like the Premier League where a couple of disastrous seasons can leave you looking at a decade without challenging. The only way this changes is if 2 or 3 teams in Spain get bankrolled by a State. It's the Super Club era now.

2nd isn't good enough. The fans weren't happy with just winning the league under Valverde. 

They are now used to winning domestic Doubles and the Spanish version of The Treble.

Real have been terrible in terms of winning leagues this century. Just 6 from 20. The recent CL 3peat has made up for what was a poor century up until 2014. So winning a few titles in a row would be welcomed.

It's not even about money. Barcelona have had it and spent it poorly. One of the worst run clubs in Europe post Pep. A victim of their own success. But they have made huge financial strides because of it.

Real are stockpiling most of the young talent, and hoping at least half actually fulfill their potential. I think Real will be dominant for 4-5 years.

2 hours ago, rezzy said:
Aritz Aduriz has announced his retirement today. 39 isnt a bad age to go; just a shame about the circumstances.

Iker will be sad.

One of our biggest stars ever. An example of a footballer. So many things to learn from such a godlike figure. Can't wait to clap until my hands go numb in his proper farewell in San Mames.

Eskerrik asko, Beti Aritz Aduriz! 

I love him so much 😢

On 23/04/2020 at 22:10, TheManc said:

Don/t give a sh+t about big signings . The football World will  not be the same without crowds at stadiums. Secondly someones are afraid from crowds and the reason is not in the aim of safety .  Huge amount of well organized masses as the football supporters are could put in danger anyone. 

His GOATness. Forever. 

First match of the season, a week before he announces he's going to retire when the season ends, 39 years of age. Came in a minute and a half before that. Fiestas de Bilbao, summer, a friday night, everyone out, drunk, partying but watch Athletic vs Barcelona. The King does this. 

What a God he is and always will be. Never wanted the spotlight. He's retiring before playing a final his team has a chance of winning, what he desired to do all life, but he knows if he rushed back and was 50% fit to play he would play no matter what because he is who he is, and he recognises he can be a hindrance to the team and steps aside before playing the final he had the biggest chance of winning. Selfless. Loves his team. Never wanted personal glory or spotlight.

Forever Rey León. 

The way the stadium chants his name before the goal and how his teamates clap for him says it all.

10 hours ago, Txrt said:

His GOATness. Forever. 

First match of the season, a week before he announces he's going to retire when the season ends, 39 years of age. Came in a minute and a half before that. Fiestas de Bilbao, summer, a friday night, everyone out, drunk, partying but watch Athletic vs Barcelona. The King does this. 

What a God he is and always will be. Never wanted the spotlight. He's retiring before playing a final his team has a chance of winning, what he desired to do all life, but he knows if he rushed back and was 50% fit to play he would play no matter what because he is who he is, and he recognises he can be a hindrance to the team and steps aside before playing the final he had the biggest chance of winning. Selfless. Loves his team. Never wanted personal glory or spotlight.

Forever Rey León. 

The way the stadium chants his name before the goal and how his teamates clap for him says it all.

That's the one I watched. I was on the phone to someone at the time and jumped out of my seat yelling. They were confused as to what the hell was going on.

12 hours ago, TheManc said:

That's the one I watched. I was on the phone to someone at the time and jumped out of my seat yelling. They were confused as to what the hell was going on.

Needless to say what all of our reaction there and then was. 

Clemente said he's comparable to Zarra for what it has meant the club. Amazing footballer, a legend forever. He will be missed, and his goals will be missed big time as well. 54 goals before age 30, 156 goals after turning 30. 

More than deserved he could wear the 9 for the National Team after all he did. And score wearing the 9. 

Now time for my man Asi Villalibre to get minutes and perform.