O

La Liga: 2019/2020

1 hour ago, THE BASTARD said:

Could be the beginning of the end for the Barca empire Pee-Vee.  Messi cant go on forever and they rely very heavily on him.

Messi has been Barca and Argentina’s biggest problem for years. 

13 hours ago, TFIA said:

Messi has been Barca and Argentina’s biggest problem for years. 

Messi has carried Valverde to his last 2 titles. They are incredibly reliant on him. More than United were with Ferguson.

On top of Valverde being out of his depth, the overall recruitment has been terrible in recent years.

Barcelona are a victim of their own success. The Pep era. They are now a huge global brand with millions of bandwagon fans who only care about success. They have shunned La Masia in recent years. Although a few new players have emerged since last season (Alena, Puig, Fati and Carles Pérez). But overall, they overspend on players and have put themselves in huge debt.

Suárez is a huge issue. He's no longer good enough to be a starter week in, week out. Griezmann should be playing through the middle.

19 minutes ago, O said:

They are incredibly reliant on him. 

That's the issue. He wants to do everything and reduces the effectiveness of those around him. The anti-Ronaldo who does his job and does it better than anyone. There's zero chance of Messi adjusting his game to get the best out of Griezmann - The reverse will happen As it always does. 

It's why they're killed every year in the CL - Too accustomed to playing through one man and it can't work against top sides. If he were sold they'd have moved on and built an actual team. His comments about the summer window were a disgrace - He wants to run the club. Griezman should shank him. A fraud. 

1 hour ago, Txrt said:

THE GREATEST TEAM ON EARTH IS TOP OF THE TABLE.

AUPA ATHLETIC! BETI ZUREKIN!

Barca will eventually catch up, no matter how shit they are now. Messi will make the difference. 

But christ, its entertaining currently.

8 hours ago, rezzy said:

Barca will eventually catch up, no matter how shit they are now. Messi will make the difference. 

But christ, its entertaining currently.

I think Atletico will win it in the end.

But as for Athletic, very happy right now, and obviously our goal is to get top 4, which is going to be very very difficult to achieve. And if we cannot get top 4, at least play in the Europa League next year. 

To Leganes midweek, one of the most boring fixtures all year, Leganes away. Probably a 0-0. We are very solid though, and we have a bit of dynamite up top so hopefully we can get a nice win to keep going.

AUPA ATHLETIC!

Going to Ipurua today to watch Eibar vs Sevilla with friends.

7pm kickoff, we all have free, Eibar is like 35 mins by car from where I live, so we checked ticket prices, we got tickets for 20€, it's a really good match in my opinion, small stadium where you are really close to the pitch and all. Cannot ask for more. After the match some nice tapas and drinking, ideal day. 

Always a pleasure to watch Banega play too. Plus Ocampos, Oliver Torres, de Jong, Rony Lopes, Reguilón, Jordán, Chicharito, etc.

Tough loss today.

Now Getafe vs Barcelona, Barça are certainly not winning. Probably going to lose this. 

Then later on Atletico vs Madrid. Cannot wait to watch. VAMOS CHOLO, VAMOS ATLETI!

abc-5971140669001-vs--940x529.jpg

12 hours ago, TFIA said:

Remember @O and @MrSwellman saying Aguero was better than Suarez lololol.

Best striker of this generation. Better than Messi and Ronaldo at his peak. Even completely finished he is scoring goals beyond belief. 

One of the greatest ever. 

On 02/12/2019 at 17:00, TFIA said:

We couldn't get 3 points off of Salford City right now.

5 minutes ago, O said:

That fraud Valverde is finally sacked.

Setien appointed so much for Allegri's come and get me please to the Barca board!

He'll be in OT hot seat come August with Solskjaer moving to DOF

4 minutes ago, PVAD said:

Setien appointed so much for Allegri's come and get me please to the Barca board!

He'll be in OT hot seat come August with Solskjaer moving to DOF

I still think Poch is the number one target. I'll say one thing for Barca, they don't mess about.