Sign in to follow this  
hdcantona

Tahith Chong 2019/20

Tahith Chong

Image result for man utd squad photo tahith chong 2019 20

I have to say that Chong impressed me far more on this pre-season tour than he had done in any of his other appearances, but I still have my doubts about him making a major impact during the course of the season itself.

Chong is decently quick, has good dribbling skills and is a better crosser than he is finisher to the eyes of many but he showed superb tenacity and resilience in the warm up games this year and that bodes well for him. 

I believe he should have been loaned out to get first team football but reading what @Canto said - he suggested it may be worth keeping him around untl january and loaning him out then if he doesn't feature much, with the group stages of the Europa gone by that time - may prove to be the shrewd move.

I made a similar comment this time last year about Scott McTominay but I think it's true for Tahith as well - I like Chong as a character and he will no doubt have a successful career in football over the years but it remains to be seen whether he has the quality to make it as a regular at United - time will tell, but I wish him all the best

I think he's ready to play in the Prem as demonstrated vs Inter. He can regularly beat his man and put in a good cross. I would add that we aren't exactly stacked in the AMR position. A squad player for sure.

Wonder the amount of footballers had their attention  ,but no single word about the lad who enjoyed his season debut . Looked fast and confident. Awating for the next game and more from the same pls . 

6 minutes ago, John Locke said:

Not sure whether to write him off or count tonight as a blip. Opportunities don't come along often to make an impact on the first team. He didn't take it in fact he was pretty crap. 

This isn’t the Gomes thread mate.

Need to cut off the front side of his hair. It is obviously affecting his spatial awareness plus his awareness of other players.

If you don't believe it, just wear a big pumpkin around your head and test your awareness.

1 minute ago, butler said:

Needs a good loan period 

ASAP. He doesn't play with confidence in the 1st team. Greenwood does. Big difference in mentality.

He should join Feyenoord on loan if that's still an option when the window opens.

22 hours ago, butler said:

Needs a good loan period 

He needs a hair cut, like pineapple head in the 90`s, you should only be able to look like a tw@t when you command respect.

seriously fergie and keane would have had the clippers out on this imp.

13 hours ago, dodgy dave said:

He needs a hair cut, like pineapple head in the 90`s, you should only be able to look like a tw@t when you command respect.

seriously fergie and keane would have had the clippers out on this imp.

Even Beckham was not allowed this privilege 

19 minutes ago, JJtheRed said:

Yet another “I watch our U-12s” hype job.... Zzzzzz

I can only speak for myself really but I think most people have said he's the most raw out of the young lads close to making the breakthrough and is the one who could do with a loan the most to get consistent game time to iron out his flaws. Too good for u23 football but has shit the bed in pretty much every cameo he has had with the first team but he has the talent there's no doubt, it could just be his mentality holding him back and a lack of confidence at this level. 

Should people who watch the underage set up not talk about the youngsters coming through?

Just now, JJtheRed said:

Depends what the motivations are, I’ll bet 99% of the time it’s purely being a Top Red 

That's fair enough and possibly so. I'd take people praising the youngsters than people shitting on them every chance they get though. It;s always hard to tell with youngsters though as they develop at different rates and some just don't step up to the mens game well despite having the talent to do so.

I actually think Chong was promising when he was 16-18. But he hasn't improved since then. I don't think he will make it here.  Gomes is better but still not enough for our club.

I love youngsters but not every one of them is good enough for Man Utd even if they are quite talented, they can have a career at mid-table clubs, though.

Edited by eric

Not even half the player Januzaj was and we all know how that one ended. 

This guy is refusing to sign a new contract. Should be so grateful we're being so poorly run at the moment and snap their hand off. 

Long term, he might have a bit of a career in the Eredivisie, but I just don't see anything to be excited about. Rather we respected everyone's time and just ship him out on the cheap but with a sell-on clause should he ever be worth more than 30m to someone. 

Edited by Juanderful