O

Fred 2019/2020

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, TFIA said:

Guy is genuinely shaping up to be the worst signing in club history. Abysmal at just about everything he does.

Are you on crack? He was good tonight outside of his trademark mistake. Pogba was woeful.

And also a Mourinho signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, O said:

Are you on crack? He was good tonight outside of his trademark mistake. Pogba was woeful.

And also a Mourinho signing.

He was awful. Pogba being drunk isn't an excuse. Can't tackle, can't pass, caught in bad areas. Doesn't drive the ball forward, doesn't create. I have literally no idea what he's even supposed to be. Terrible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TFIA said:

He was awful. Pogba being drunk isn't an excuse. Can't tackle, can't pass, caught in bad areas. Doesn't drive the ball forward, doesn't create. I have literally no idea what he's even supposed to be. Terrible. 

Fred is the only midfielder who passes forward quickly. The rest slow us down. He gets the ball to the front men and wide players.

He is criminally underrated by the majority of our fans. He can do everything to a good/decent standard. Good at passing forward, tackling, pressing, decent shot, decent long ball, etc.

Needs to stop fucking up when receiving the ball from the CB. He did that again when Tuanzebe passed into his feet, but that's my only concern with him. That's 3 times in his United career. Was costly twice last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, O said:

Fred is the only midfielder who passes forward quickly. The rest slow us down. He gets the ball to the front men and wide players.

He is criminally underrated by the majority of our fans. He can do everything to a good/decent standard. Good at passing forward, tackling, pressing, decent shot, decent long ball, etc.

Needs to stop fucking up when receiving the ball from the CB. He did that again when Tuanzebe passed into his feet, but that's my only concern with him. That's 3 times in his United career. Was costly twice last season.

your only concern ?, did he not use the flue powder like harry !, i suppose he`s just better than Mcdonut and a lot better than mr i posted my stats, but he does everything (di gon ally), he hasnt a forward pass in him unlike the other 2 who can only pass sidewards

 

Edited by dodgy dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should start him against Arsenal.

He offers more than Matic. Wins more balls and isnt afraid to risk losing possession by playing a pass forward.

On 26/09/2019 at 22:03, dodgy dave said:

your only concern ?, did he not use the flue powder like harry !, i suppose he`s just better than Mcdonut and a lot better than mr i posted my stats, but he does everything (di gon ally), he hasnt a forward pass in him unlike the other 2 who can only pass sidewards

 

You edited this.

And i still dont understand what it says.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this stage his namesake Mascot would do a better job than him.

Sometimes fancy words are not necessary he is a complete shit player that would strugle to make the bench at the majority of Championship sides.

I of course could copy and paste the above for at least 9 other first team players he is not alone.

51 million fuck me!!

Edited by PVAD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He takes to many touches, is extremely sloppy and literally does nothing for the team cohesion, high pressing teams will wreak havoc from his errors, he is continually taking the ball blind to danger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It makes me laugh that he's one the least competent players on the pitch and yet every time I looked, he was always on the ball.

I have no idea of he is good or not. I would like to think that if City got their man, we would be talking about a completely different player right now. But I can't even fathom what that player would begin to look like on the evidence of everything we have seen from him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Ed wanted Fred not Jose and Jose took him to ensure he got a midfielder... Why is Ed purchasing players with no footballing experience? We all know club needs an overhaul but think more is yet to come. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/10/2019 at 05:16, Juanderful said:

It makes me laugh that he's one the least competent players on the pitch and yet every time I looked, he was always on the ball.

I have no idea of he is good or not. I would like to think that if City got their man, we would be talking about a completely different player right now. But I can't even fathom what that player would begin to look like on the evidence of everything we have seen from him.

The curse of United. Buy a player with some pedigree, put him in the team, and watch him turn to shit overnight. My money is on Maguire taking a downturn next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think he was excellent today and one of his best performances for us. He got through an awful amount of work but his passing forward today was probably the best I have seen from him since he joined. He didn't even have his usual Fred brainfart(or 3) unless it happend while my stream was buffering 🙄. If he can perform like that every week we'd have a good player on our hands but. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/09/2019 at 00:36, O said:

Fred is the only midfielder who passes forward quickly. The rest slow us down. He gets the ball to the front men and wide players.

He is criminally underrated by the majority of our fans. He can do everything to a good/decent standard. Good at passing forward, tackling, pressing, decent shot, decent long ball, etc.

Needs to stop fucking up when receiving the ball from the CB. He did that again when Tuanzebe passed into his feet, but that's my only concern with him. That's 3 times in his United career. Was costly twice last season.

Was an all action display from him tonight.

Plays very well next to McTominay in the big games. 

I felt for him on the goal, as he had just cut out Vertonghen’s cross (despite Kane pushing him) and then quickly tried to get across to help Young deal with Dele.

Solid 8.5/10 tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.

Fred was excellent'

Manchester United 2-1 Tottenham

6d4b99ec-04f9-4bc0-b39a-3f4789daebc3.jpg

Chris Waddle

Ex-Tottenham and England winger on BBC Radio 5 Live

Fred was excellent tonight. He doesn't get mentioned, he normally gets a lot of stick, but he was good tonight.

Tottenham just couldn't match them. They couldn't match their intensity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the mocking of him by pundits is a bit of a joke tbh. We have plenty of players who have played as bad or worse than him that haven't been turned into a meme player by the media. I don't think he'll make it here long term but I'm rooting for him to succeed a little bit more than usual for that reason. 

Say what you want about his quality but he's a fighter and I respect that. Hopefully we never have to put Pereira next to him again and he can improve with better players around him in time. He basically has another 18 months of game time to do it.

Pass of the season to Rashford with his bluff shot in the first half as well.

Edited by TheManc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TheManc said:

I think the mocking of him by pundits is a bit of a joke tbh. We have plenty of players who have played as bad or worse than him that haven't been turned into a meme player by the media. I don't think he'll make it here long term but I'm rooting for him to succeed a little bit more than usual for that reason. 

Say what you want about his quality but he's a fighter and I respect that. Hopefully we never have to put Pereira next to him again and he can improve with better players around him in time. He basically has another 18 months of game time to do it.

Pass of the season to Rashford with his bluff shot in the first half as well.

I think it’s consistency over a lack of quality. He’s prone to at least one notable mistake per game, as I’ve said before - I don’t know how he works that out of his game. 
 

Looked like he belonged when we played some of the best teams in Europe (Messi sodomy aside) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TheManc said:

I think the mocking of him by pundits is a bit of a joke tbh. We have plenty of players who have played as bad or worse than him that haven't been turned into a meme player by the media. I don't think he'll make it here long term but I'm rooting for him to succeed a little bit more than usual for that reason. 

Say what you want about his quality but he's a fighter and I respect that. Hopefully we never have to put Pereira next to him again and he can improve with better players around him in time. He basically has another 18 months of game time to do it.

Pass of the season to Rashford with his bluff shot in the first half as well.

Not really a joke. He cost £50m and 95% of the time he's a total shambles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite his lack of passing quality amongst other limitations he does look to turn and get the ball forward. Herrera was viewed as a better player but spent much of his time passing backwards and sideways. Fred's not worth his fee, but who is these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has been very good for most games recently, now you can finally see why we bought him, don’t agree with people calling the criticism harsh before because until fairly recently and with the exception of the PSG game he’s been utter bobbins but may have turned the corner 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.