MrSwellman

FA Premier League Thread 2019/20

Could be looking at games returning in June.

Probably behind closed doors.

We need some entertainment, so I hope it's possible.

If games returned by June 12th, that's roughly 3 months away.

22 hours ago, O said:

Liverpool not getting the league won is more entertainment than any sport could ever offer. 

38 minutes ago, John Locke said:

Its a pity the race isnt closer as the scousers will argue anyway they were effectively champions and one can't really disagree. 

We can.

They're in terrible form and have a history of bottling.

If they get 1st, we get CL football because we're 5th. Sheffield have a game in hand though.

It's not fair on the relegation candidates either.

The season will be finished. It's a guarantee. Next season will have to start later.

The math say they need to win 2 games.. There form has gone pear shaped.. They effectively could lose all their games if the season had continued.. and the others could win all theirs.. so City could be champions.. When it's all ifs and buts.. Its best to just cancel the season.. 

If the season does not start which is more likely than surely it will have a huge impact on transfer window. Many clubs will be in desperate need of cash and we can get some good players for next season.

I say cancel this current football season,, its going to same uncomplete bin as 1939/40 unfortunetly.
I recon we would have won FA cup and Europa League this season, with EPL, CL out of reach.

I cannot see any viable ways to finish the season.

EPL for that matter is logistical nightmare there with 20 teams with most teams having 9 games left and some having 10 games thats total of 92 games you have to move around. I don't see any ways to do that football will probably not resume until June at earliest and I cannot see that happen the pandemic might not even be over by then. It would be less of problem if the out break had say happened start of may with maybe 1 or 2 rounds left.

Europa League and Champions League - the situation is bleak all over Europe so I cannot see this return this season as even if the pandemic stop in one country it might not slow down at all in another country.

So only thing that might be salvaged is the FA cup considering there are only 7 games left to be played in Quarter-Finals - 4 games, Semi finals - 2 games and FA cup final - 1 game. But you still would have to check the teams for the virus and play behind closed doors as you will end with more exponential growth of the virus.

On 17/03/2020 at 18:25, O said:

Its almost as if you had a crystal ball

Great news that we will see the season played out. Every single game will be on tv and at least 25 free to air.

Players like Troy Deeney and co should be applauded for sticking to guns if concerned for family health.