• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

#12 CHRIS SMALLING I think the fact that no one has made this thread until now is because collectively, we believed that if no one made the thread, he might just end up leaving the club through w

Anyone seen Loublaze? He’s probably on suicide watch. Anyway.....Smalling’s United career in a series of tweets. An absolute rubbish player, one of the worst to ever play for us in the modern era

Should honestly just keep him if we're not going to invest in a CB.  He's a big upgrade on Jones' corpse at this point. He's the guy we should be looking to loan out by any means, similar to Rojo

On 24/11/2019 at 15:13, aardvarked said:

At least his replacement didn't cost us too much and has been an absolute cock since signing

Fixed that for you.

1 minute ago, Deez Nutz said:

I'd like to see Maguire and Smalling play together especially with a competent keeper behind them. 

They'll probably work out a deal with Roma. I don't think he'll be back for long though I'd pick him over Lindelof any day and over our fearless leader on the pitch. Living in Rome or living in Manchester. Tough decision that.

4 minutes ago, Albert Quixall said:

Fixed that for you.

They'll probably work out a deal with Roma. I don't think he'll be back for long though I'd pick him over Lindelof any day and over our fearless leader on the pitch. Living in Rome or living in Manchester. Tough decision that.

Lindelof is mid table at best, and central defenders work as a pair, you've no idea how Maguire and Smalling would play together until they play together. 

44 minutes ago, Deez Nutz said:

Lindelof is mid table at best, and central defenders work as a pair, you've no idea how Maguire and Smalling would play together until they play together. 

Smalling clearly does not want to be here. He might gel with Maguire or he might not. As you say, we don't know but I don't think we'll find out either. We don't need another unhappy player on our books.

This idea that Smalling has gone to Rome and has now transformed into a cultured defender is weird.

He went to Rome because he was utterly fucking shite and we can’t get the team he supposedly played well for to cough up 15 million.

Now, I’m reading some on here want him to start. Has everyone lost their fucking marbles?

6 minutes ago, MrSwellman said:

This idea that Smalling has gone to Rome and has now transformed into a cultured defender is weird.

He went to Rome because he was utterly fucking shite and we can’t get the team he supposedly played well for to cough up 15 million.

Now, I’m reading some on here want him to start. Has everyone lost their fucking marbles?

Roma are skint and are going to get Jan Vertonghen on a free instead. He didn't fluke his way to Serie A team of the year, he did well there (though much better in the first 6 months than the 2nd). 

Though obviously he can't start for us. 

7 minutes ago, TheManc said:

Roma are skint and are going to get Jan Vertonghen on a free instead. He didn't fluke his way to Serie A team of the year, he did well there (though much better in the first 6 months than the 2nd). 

Though obviously he can't start for us. 

Did well there, as oppose to the level we actually aspire to.

He’s 30 years of age, we’ve spent nearly a decade looking at him and it’s plainly obvious that he’s not good enough. He hasn’t suddenly uncovered the cheat codes to becoming a good defender. 

Not only cannot he not start, the man isn’t good enough to clean the dressing rooms. Delude yourself all you want about this Italian renaissance. Pure rubbish.

7 minutes ago, TFIA said:

Apparently holding out for €25m. Inter now interested too.

Honestly given how we quite happily give out new shiny contracts to anyone with a pulse you'd think you'd take a little less to let him go where he wants ffs.

€25 million for Smalling is a joke. I thought we were asking in the region of €18 million only a couple of weeks ago. What has he done to increase his value so? United's transfer and wage policy is insane.

31 minutes ago, TFIA said:

Apparently holding out for €25m. Inter now interested too.

Honestly given how we quite happily give out new shiny contracts to anyone with a pulse you'd think you'd take a little less to let him go where he wants ffs.

He should opt for Inter. He has lots of former teammates there and could win a Scudetto under Conte.

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, TheManc said:

Negotiations have stopped and Roma are looking to buy another CB apparently.

Seems like we got too greedy and held firm on our valuation. I'd like to get €20 million for him.

But we could have settled for €17 million with some clauses or future bonuses.

• MrSwellman changed the title to Chris Smalling