dualtamac

Anthony Martial 2019/20

Hope his injury isn't serious, didn't come off today but was robbed of winning a pen and getting a man sent off, he also had a great shot on target blocked that was going in (don't think those count in the official stats), 2 goals in the first 3 games is a good return for him though 

On 24/08/2019 at 22:38, hdcantona said:

Hope his injury isn't serious, didn't come off today but was robbed of winning a pen and getting a man sent off, he also had a great shot on target blocked that was going in (don't think those count in the official stats), 2 goals in the first 3 games is a good return for him though 

Mercifully should be fit for the Leicester game according to some of the rags 

45 minutes ago, PVAD said:

All is forgiven.. #Save our Season

We've hung our hat on Rash. Greenwood. Gomez. Chong.   It keeps going tits.  I wouldn't hold my breath on Anthony Birtles all of a sudden to start putting a shift in.  Been here 4 years and not broke sweat yet.

More chance of Shergar ridden by Madeliene McCann winning the Derby.

We fucked.  We wont get relegated but its not good at all.

On 11/08/2019 at 19:20, Canto said:

39 to go...

Good to have him back, we're much better with him through the middle as he's much better with his back to goal then Rashford. Took his goal really really well with a lovely finish. He's going to be so important to how this season ends up finishing.

It's not something i've ever really noticed about him but his hold up play as a striker is actually really good or at least has come on leaps and bounds this season. Him playing through the middle makes such a difference to us compared to when Rashford plays there and they link up really well together when Marcus comes in from the left too. 

Hopefully he stays fit for the rest of the season as we really need him, seems to be relishing playing through the middle at least. 

40 minutes ago, Canto said:

It's not something i've ever really noticed about him but his hold up play as a striker is actually really good or at least has come on leaps and bounds this season. Him playing through the middle makes such a difference to us compared to when Rashford plays there and they link up really well together when Marcus comes in from the left too. 

Hopefully he stays fit for the rest of the season as we really need him, seems to be relishing playing through the middle at least. 

He's stronger and better with his back to goal than Rashford, but his movement in behind is poor. It's his desire that is lacking. That hunger to score goals and to be involved in the game at all times. He lack it. He has the ability to be a top player. His left foot could be better, but he has unique ability.

He's good at finding cutbacks inside the box and at playing through balls from 15-20 yards out. But I find his movement off the ball poor most of the time.

I actually think he's better suited to being a 2nd striker, while Rashford is better at LW/LF. So we still have room for a ST.

ST

Rashford-----Martial-------James

CM-----CM

4 hours ago, JJtheRed said:

He just told you? 

Not at all.     But its just not happening for him.   Its looking increasingly like he's Ole's go to for getting hauled off.    Mourinho wanted rid of him too.    He wasnt exactly flavour of the month with Jardim at Monaco either.   Brought him on as a sub after 61 minutes in one game and dragged him off after 79 minutes.

He cant get a look in at international level either.    If we can get our money back i reckon he's hot to trot.

28 minutes ago, THE BASTARD said:

Not at all.     But its just not happening for him.   Its looking increasingly like he's Ole's go to for getting hauled off.    Mourinho wanted rid of him too.    He wasnt exactly flavour of the month with Jardim at Monaco either.   Brought him on as a sub after 61 minutes in one game and dragged him off after 79 minutes.

He cant get a look in at international level either.    If we can get our money back i reckon he's hot to trot.

Just not happening for him? We've been a much better team with him in the side then without. He's also only been taken off twice this season in games he's played, once on his first start back from injury and the other last weekend to protect a lead hardly someone who "is increasingly hauled off". Also i'm sure what happened him once at Monaco has a huge bearing on his happiness at the club 🙄

You don't rate him and that's fine but making stuff up about his happiness at the club and that he wants out is just strange especially as it's not the first time you've come out with fairytales about our players with the Pogba shite you've come out with. 

Which is funny because you present all of it as if it's fact 😂

Edited by Canto

On 10/11/2019 at 20:02, O said:

He's stronger and better with his back to goal than Rashford, but his movement in behind is poor. It's his desire that is lacking. That hunger to score goals and to be involved in the game at all times. He lack it. He has the ability to be a top player. His left foot could be better, but he has unique ability.

He's good at finding cutbacks inside the box and at playing through balls from 15-20 yards out. But I find his movement off the ball poor most of the time.

I actually think he's better suited to being a 2nd striker, while Rashford is better at LW/LF. So we still have room for a ST.

ST

CM-----CM

Bang on that!

On 17/11/2019 at 15:58, Rasfire said:

Just watched this video. Is Martial the most talented striker to grace the Premier League?

I just watched that. 10 mins of video highlights and the net was hit 3 times!!

And you ask is he the most talented STRIKER to grace the premier league?

On 10/11/2019 at 20:02, O said:

ST

CM-----CM

The collective passing ability in the 3 behind the striker gives me a headache. 

6 minutes ago, TheManc said:

The collective passing ability in the 3 behind the striker gives me a headache. 

We are counter attacking side, so we don’t have to play through teams. We wait for spaces to open up and try to get in down the sides, which James is very good at exploiting.

Of course, long term, you would want a more natural playmaker at AM. Someone like Maddison who can play the more difficult passes against disciplined teams.

I prefer 4-3-3 anyway. The AM position is kind of dead in a 4-2-3-1, which is why players like Mata, Özil, Müller and James have struggled in recent years.

Hybrid attacking midfielders who can play in a midfield three are the new in thing. Silva, De Bruyne, Maddison, The Ox, Coutinho (for Brazil) and di María are doing well in the current climate.

I think that game summed him up. Was basically anonymous in the 1st half and barely involved for the majority of the game.

But when he can be arsed to get on the ball or show for it, he manages to get a shot in or threaten their back four.

It's not a lack of ability. It's his mentality, work ethic and desire. The recent Daniel Taylor article for The Athletic was spot on.

I would sell him next summer.

3 hours ago, O said:

I think that game summed him up. Was basically anonymous in the 1st half and barely involved for the majority of the game.

But when he can be arsed to get on the ball or show for it, he manages to get a shot in or threaten their back four.

It's not a lack of ability. It's his mentality, work ethic and desire. The recent Daniel Taylor article for The Athletic was spot on.

I would sell him next summer.

Hahahaha. Hahahaha.

I told you all. Mourinho told you all.

He is a fucking disgrace. As are his delusional Martial FC fanboys who can fuck off to the next club he soon joins.