THE BASTARD

Harry Maguire 2019/20

I agree Marylin.   But theyre riding on the high of being in the Prem and fair play to them.

Do they have better players than United, Spurs, The Dirties, Chelsea, absolutely not.

The fact of the matter is we should comfortably look to be the better team, and we didnt.  Its not my intention to pick holes in Sheffield.  They did a job and thats fine.   But for 70 minutes we were fuckin awful, not because they made us look awful, we were just terrible.   And before we scored only for big Dave there would have been no arguments had we been 4-0 down.

Poor.  Just piss poor.

I don't like been negative after a good win but fucking hell his passing tonight was fucking dreadful for a so called ball playing center back and has been pretty average since he came so far imo. I didn't think it was anything great before we bought him tbh and was more based on the odd adventure he'd go on up the field once a game for Leicester but it's been even worse then I thought. He hasn't even been carrying the ball forward like he used to as much as he should.

Needs to pick up his performances and start playing like he did first game against Chelsea on a consistent basis, because he was an absolute beast that day and hasn't really come near it since sadly. Still early days though and hopefully he'll grow into a United player as time goes on.  

It's just so funny the moment we get them. They turn shit. There were doubts.. But they weren't legit.. Maybe the price was a tad steep.. But now even at 10 million he would have been expensive.. 

51 minutes ago, butler said:

It's just so funny the moment we get them. They turn shit. There were doubts.. But they weren't legit.. Maybe the price was a tad steep.. But now even at 10 million he would have been expensive.. 

He's performing exactly how I and anyone else who wasn't consumed by media bullshit expected him to perform. The doubts weren't legit apparently, yet here we are. Clearly there must be something in the water at Carrington, really spooky stuff. 

I think i'd honestly rather have Smalling than Maguire and I think Smalling is shite as it is(Albeit doing well out on loan he still should be sold imo) just another average defender to go with our already impressive number of average defenders. Then it was argued he was a great ball playing center back because he used to go on these adventures from the back at Leicester dribbling with the ball, yet Lindeloff is better on the ball then him. Don't think he's even that dominant in the air either and is as slow as fucking anything.

So frustrating man we'd have been so much better off getting in a creative midfielder for that 80 million and keeping Smalling for another year or two even for what we paid.

I was worried about this signing and hoping to be proved wrong and bar an encouraging start I think it's been even worse then I thought. Really needs to up his game in the second half of the season and going forward in his United career but I don't think he has it in him or at least not to get to the level we should be looking at getting from him for the money spent.

Fucking brutal. Again. Not up to it at the highest level. Far too slow and doesn't have elite positioning to make up for it. Also anyone who describes him as a ball playing centre back needs there head checked. Think he's getting worse by the weeks and not better which is the worrying thing. 

Not even a hindsight thing but I wouldn't of signed him if he cost 40 million let alone the 80 we paid. 

15 hours ago, Canto said:

Fucking brutal. Again. Not up to it at the highest level. Far too slow and doesn't have elite positioning to make up for it. Also anyone who describes him as a ball playing centre back needs there head checked. Think he's getting worse by the weeks and not better which is the worrying thing. 

Not even a hindsight thing but I wouldn't of signed him if he cost 40 million let alone the 80 we paid. 

Absolutely agree. What has he brought to the team that Chris Smalling didn’t?

1 hour ago, Ross said:

Anyone remember when we wanted both Vidic and Evra run out of the club on the same bus?

Are you trying to suggest that he's settling in?

6 minutes ago, O said:

Are you trying to suggest that he's settling in?

Not settling in, no. But hopeful, and reasonably optimistic he will do so.

Just now, Ross said:

Not settling in, no. But hopeful, and reasonably optimistic he will do so.

He's the captain most games. He needs to settle, and quick.

van Dijk rocked up to Anfield and reached a CL final within 4 months.

Maguire is not a bad player. But we overpaid for him by 30-40 million. And he was never a good match for Lindelöf who played better with the more athletic Smalling.

Ole spent over half his transfer budget on him. And we barely keep a clean sheet. Another mark against Ole and Phelan.

3 minutes ago, O said:

He's the captain most games. He needs to settle, and quick.

van Dijk rocked up to Anfield and reached a CL final within 4 months.

Maguire is not a bad player. But we overpaid for him by 30-40 million. And he was never a good match for Lindelöf who played better with the more athletic Smalling.

Ole spent over half his transfer budget on him. And we barely keep a clean sheet. Another mark against Ole and Phelan.

There's little point in making comparisons to Van Dijk and Liverpool and there is little point to heralding Lidelof either who in my opinion is part of the problem, keeps getting out jumped in the box if indeed he jumps at all. I am sure he now gets targeted with arial attacks in the box.