Yeah there's a reason he generally plays well against Liverpool and City - the game's suit his style. I've long wondered if he's coachable into something more well rounded but that's yet to be seen. I don't think this will suddenly be a turning corner for him but credit where it's due, he was brilliant last night.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone really should take a moment to forget football and appreciate the effort and work he is doing. A perfect use of his platform and the impact he's having on under privileged children across the

Not so much this, just that in order for people to have a similar level of impact they need to have a huge amount of resources behind them to get any kind of attention. There is no way Rashford would'

Sell or kill, don’t mind either way 

33 minutes ago, SimplyGiggs said:

Yeah there's a reason he generally plays well against Liverpool and City - the game's suit his style. I've long wondered if he's coachable into something more well rounded but that's yet to be seen. I don't think this will suddenly be a turning corner for him but credit where it's due, he was brilliant last night.

This year will say a lot because for the first time since lvg we have a manager who does actual attacking coaching and is hands on about it, if this doesn’t develop him he’ll probably just be who he is (tbf he’d then be a great option for a team facing less stacked boxes etc)

That's the type of player he should have evolved into. None of this coming deep to the ball bullshit. Sitting on the last defender and relentlessly sprinting in behind. The fixture suited him but even recently in these games he's stood out wide and waited for the ball to come to him. He needed to show some life.

Southampton will be a different test, he can still play the same game but with more precision as the space wont be there. I've no doubt he'll go back to his usual habits. He'll probably smash one in from 25 yards amidst a shit performance and everyone will say he's back. 

3 hours ago, TFIA said:

That's the type of player he should have evolved into. None of this coming deep to the ball bullshit. Sitting on the last defender and relentlessly sprinting in behind. The fixture suited him but even recently in these games he's stood out wide and waited for the ball to come to him. He needed to show some life.

Southampton will be a different test, he can still play the same game but with more precision as the space wont be there. I've no doubt he'll go back to his usual habits. He'll probably smash one in from 25 yards amidst a shit performance and everyone will say he's back. 

I have no faith he'll become that sort of player. It seemed to me he was grimacing and moving gingerly after the match. I suspect his body cannot sustain that intensity week in week out and he knows it.

Showed against Southampton the form he produces on an almost weekly basis, absolute inability in all aspects of what is required of a professional footballer being paid ridiculous money 

Sell him before Thursday ffs 

• 1 month later...

Watching Toney down at Brentford and compare him to St. Marcus. Fuckin no brainer, as I think Southgate shall reinforce with his squad selection for Qatar. Then again, also just watched the 2 wingers for Brighton and compare them to Sancho and it makes me fuckin cringe!

Sometimes as a fan you have that immediate confidence in a striker when he is in sight of goal.

I had it with Hughsie, Ronaldo, RVP & RVN to name some but with this guy I expect him to shoot wide or completely fluff his chances.

I pointed out the other day 59 FIFTY NINE Premiership Goals in his career since 2016/17 yet the current boss and before that stil think he is the answer.

So many chances so many let downs yet still plays is something I can't fathom. He used to contribute by stretching teams with his pace but that's gone and now he just runs into blind alleys.

Ten Hag at the moment has no option due to Greenwood, Sicknote and Ronaldo being given limited chances but seriously this is an area where we need at least TWO proven finishers. Yes our defence is still a bit ropey and the midfield needs bolstering but upfront in particular is the one thing that's letting us down as we still create chances bizarrely! 

I think sort that issue out and we'll improve at least 15/20% 

Rashford is not and will not be the answer.

Edited by PVAD
4 hours ago, PVAD said:

Sometimes as a fan you have that immediate confidence in a striker when he is in sight of goal.

I had it with Hughsie, Ronaldo, RVP & RVN to name some but with this guy I expect him to shoot wide or completely fluff his chances.

I pointed out the other day 59 FIFTY NINE Premiership Goals in his career since 2016/17 yet the current boss and before that stil think he is the answer.

So many chances so many let downs yet still plays is something I can't fathom. He used to contribute by stretching teams with his pace but that's gone and now he just runs into blind alleys.

Ten Hag at the moment has no option due to Greenwood, Sicknote and Ronaldo being given limited chances but seriously this is an area where we need at least TWO proven finishers. Yes our defence is still a bit ropey and the midfield needs bolstering but upfront in particular is the one thing that's letting us down as we still create chances bizarrely! 

I think sort that issue out and we'll improve at least 15/20% 

Rashford is not and will not be the answer.

Rashford isn't a ST though. He's played there at times, but it mainly a LW/LF. Or RW on occasion.

His numbers as wide left player, when at it, are as good as his peers i.e. Mané, Vinicíus, Neymar, etc.

He's never been the same player since his back injury. Too many lows between the highs.

6 minutes ago, PVAD said:

Tell me you're joking bruh?

Mané's last 3 seasons:

• 23 goals & 5 assists 
  • 16 goals & 9 assists
  • 22 goals & 12 assists

Vinicíus' last 3 seasons:

• 22 goals & 20 assists
  • 6 goals & 7 assists
  • 5 goals & 4 assists

Neymar's last 3 seasons:

• 13 goals & 8 assists
  • 17 goals & 11 assists
  • 19 goals & 12 assists

Rashford between 2018/19 to 2020/21:

• 21 goals & 15 assists
  • 22 goals & 12 assists
  • 13 goals & 11 assists

On 24/10/2022 at 01:09, O said:

Rashford isn't a ST though. He's played there at times, but it mainly a LW/LF. Or RW on occasion.

His numbers as wide left player, when at it, are as good as his peers i.e. Mané, Vinicíus, Neymar, etc.

He's never been the same player since his back injury. Too many lows between the highs.

Just watched an excellent 21yr old playing for Shaktar v. Celtic. Mudryk.  R/footed, plays on the LW (remind you of anyone?) Unbelievable speed with or without the ball at his feet. His goal last night was exquisite. he gained possession on half way, finished it off by smashing it into top l/hand corner of the net. So far he has scored 4 in their 7 league games this season. 3 in ECL campaign so far. That 1 against Celtic and scored against Real both home and away.

The lad glides around the park with such grace and elegance, he's a joy to watch. At the final whistle he looks as though he hasn't even broke sweat. Phenomenal player with a fantastic career ahead of him.

Would he have to be paid over 200k per week? I very much doubt it!

11 hours ago, Gary said:

Just watched an excellent 21yr old playing for Shaktar v. Celtic. Mudryk.  R/footed, plays on the LW (remind you of anyone?) Unbelievable speed with or without the ball at his feet. His goal last night was exquisite. he gained possession on half way, finished it off by smashing it into top l/hand corner of the net. So far he has scored 4 in their 7 league games this season. 3 in ECL campaign so far. That 1 against Celtic and scored against Real both home and away.

The lad glides around the park with such grace and elegance, he's a joy to watch. At the final whistle he looks as though he hasn't even broke sweat. Phenomenal player with a fantastic career ahead of him.

Would he have to be paid over 200k per week? I very much doubt it!

He's a good player, but mainly suited to counter attacking football.

Something I want United to move away from.

If you deny Murdyk space to run into, he's not as effective. They rejected €30 million bids for him last summer, so will be holding out for €50 million now.

He didn't score against Real btw. 

On 26/10/2022 at 22:53, O said:

He's a good player, but mainly suited to counter attacking football.

Something I want United to move away from.

If you deny Murdyk space to run into, he's not as effective. They rejected €30 million bids for him last summer, so will be holding out for €50 million now.

He didn't score against Real btw. 

My mistake bro. Yeah he scored 2 against Celtic ( damn him to hell) and 1 away to Leipzig. Along with 2 assists, not bad for a 21yr old. Everton went in for him last window with a 26 mill bid. Now, after his performances for both club and country,  their President has told both Arsenal & City if they're coming for him, which apparently seems to be the case, then start the bidding at 50!

This lad is something special and I think being dubbed the ' Ukrainian Neymar' gives us all a fair idea of what this lad has. Amazing to watch!

9 minutes ago, Gary said:

My mistake bro. Yeah he scored 2 against Celtic ( damn him to hell) and 1 away to Leipzig. Along with 2 assists, not bad for a 21yr old. Everton went in for him last window with a 26 mill bid. Now, after his performances for both club and country,  their President has told both Arsenal & City if they're coming for him, which apparently seems to be the case, then start the bidding at 50!

This lad is something special and I think being dubbed the ' Ukrainian Neymar' gives us all a fair idea of what this lad has. Amazing to watch!

I'm described as the Irish Messi. It doesn't mean shit.

On 29/10/2022 at 07:14, O said:

Depends on what your missus is drinking.

Hey pal, I've seen some of your banal, anal and even narcissistic comments before but you've surpassed all those with a post which shows what a pathetic creature you really are. Reckon you should change your moniker to ' ankles ' coz it would appear you really are 3ft below a cunt !

1 hour ago, Gary said:

Hey pal, I've seen some of your banal, anal and even narcissistic comments before but you've surpassed all those with a post which shows what a pathetic creature you really are. Reckon you should change your moniker to ' ankles ' coz it would appear you really are 3ft below a cunt !

Taller than Lisandro Martínez, actually.