Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 25/10/2020 at 14:08, aardvarked said:

He's in an acre of space to be able to put in a cross here. Bruno should have just passed to him.

That’s on the premise that he can cross.I know he can’t, Fernandes knows he cannot, Shaw knows he can’t and even Chelsea know he’s no danger. At least if he runs he might draw one of the defenders and create some room for Bruno.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He probably does realise this would mean competition for his spot -  I applaud him even more for that. 

#23 LUKE SHAW I think the best way to summarise Shaw's career to date is through the following stats on league appearances: 2013—14: 35 2014—15: 16 2015—16: 5 2016—17: 11 2017—18: 11 2018—19

Best thing he's done as a United player in years 😂

On 27/10/2020 at 16:16, MrSwellman said:

That’s on the premise that he can cross.I know he can’t, Fernandes knows he cannot, Shaw knows he can’t and even Chelsea know he’s no danger. At least if he runs he might draw one of the defenders and create some room for Bruno.

Agreed. Bruno doesn't make that pass because he knows Shaw isn't going to do anything with it. That said Shaw still needs to make the run because he may create space for Bruno or others. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Shame he's injured. It's great for Telles so in a way might actually be good for us if the latter can take us up a notch, which tbf I expect him to even if I haven't seen too much of him.

Probably risking being called a fan-boy over this but that account is pretty decent and often shows that Shaw is a better/more important than some believe (who think he's awful at everything). He becomes important there partly because AWB is genuinely much worse on the other side away from the defensive third even if there isn't much difference in their final ball. The ball circulation is much better with Shaw there than Williams or AWB on the right.

 

Edited by TheManc
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TheManc said:

Shame he's injured. It's great for Telles so in a way might actually be good for us if the latter can take us up a notch, which tbf I expect him to even if I haven't seen too much of him.

Probably risking being called a fan-boy over this but that account is pretty decent and often shows that Shaw is a better/more important than some believe (who think he's awful at everything). He becomes important there partly because AWB is genuinely much worse on the other side away from the defensive third even if there isn't much difference in their final ball. The ball circulation is much better with Shaw there than Williams or AWB on the right.

 

Telles is about to retire him. He's trash. 

"Recycled the ball" - LMAO. He's a fucking full back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TheManc said:

Out for 4 to 6 weeks

An absolute blessing. 

On 09/11/2020 at 11:19, TFIA said:

Telles is about to retire him. He's trash. 

"Recycled the ball" - LMAO. He's a fucking full back.

What a load of rubbish. If anything he should be castigated for not providing width and Rashford being completely isolated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
20 hours ago, TheManc said:

Needs more respect in this thread. Having a good season so far, this place seems to be the only place i've seen online where he isn't getting his due. 

Will probably get destroyed on Sunday now though.

Agreed.  We've seen a number of times during his time here that he's had a good run of form but then fall away again, so hopefully he can maintain his form for a much longer period.

The signing of Telles seems to have driven him on, and he definitely deserves to start ahead of him.  I was impressed with Telles in his debut against PSG, but since then I personally haven't seen much from him to suggest he's a better option. 

Hopefully it's either just him taking time to adapt or a knock-on effect from having Covid and he improves as well, as it would be great to have strong competition after thinking we were severely lacking at LB.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Shaw has improved.

But Telles hasn't been bad. He hasn't got a run of games yet. He created lots of chances against Everton in the The League Cup QF and created the most against Watford last week.

He's a much better crosser than Shaw. Shaw is good at buildup play, but lacks drive in the final third. His crossing can be hit or miss. He whipped in two very good ones against Burnley and almost got lucky with the one meant for Martial that fell to Bruno.

Says a lot about the mentality of Shaw that he's half arsed until a threat comes along. Williams last season and Telles now.

Edited by O
Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I don't think Williams was ever good enough to really push him. Telles is the first time in a while he's had someone who at least had the hype to be better than him, (plus maybe Blind). Young, Williams and Darmian would get games despite being clearly worse, but that's more on them than him.

Shaw seems to have become quite tough mentally now I think which is an improvement. We know Mourinho almost broke him and IIRC Pocchetino used to have a lot of 1 on 1 meetings to keep him motivated/positive at Southampton. Maybe that's credit to Ole or perhaps it's a simple age/growing up thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...