O

Pre-season 2019/2020: Man Utd vs Leeds

12 minutes ago, St!mpy said:

I'd actually do wholesale changes at HT again. Shaw looks to be out. Dalot on the left with AWB on the right? 

Looks like he tweaked his hamstring, so I gather he won't be risked.

Would expect Ole to give them all 45 mins each once again.

Unlike Perth who I thought should have been an easy walkover, Leeds will be so much more competitive! These are the sort of games we need, to get a glimpse of what the new season could hold.

Amazed at how shite our transfer dealings have been to date but with Woodward at the helm, maybe only to be expected. CB and midfield still need addressing and the cut off date getting nearer. Assume Pogba and Lukrapa to be staying, along with Darmian etc!

AWB will be a great addition as is James will be..I team was not crap last season as the good run showed that..it's just the effort and attitude..hope that changes

Played some really nice football in that 1st half. Could and probably should, be ahead by more than the 2 goals.

Both goals taken really well by Greenwood & Rashford. Daniel James was unlucky with his effort. The ground he made up to get himself in that position, his pace is frightening.

Wan-Bissaka will prove to be one of the best signings we've made in recent years. Very excited about seeing him develop as a United player over the next few seasons.

Perth Glory and Leeds, not the biggest of tests, first real one will come Saturday against Inter to see just how we fare against top top players. But its a good start, better than last pre-season anyway.

1 minute ago, TheManc said:

In 6 months time Gomes will be able to talk to other teams. We need to tie him up asap.

He’ll sign up soon. Just waiting to see if he gets more game time.

Ole will use him in The Europa and League Cup.

He’s quality. Small but has the intelligence.

3 minutes ago, O said:

He’ll sign up soon. Just waiting to see if he gets more game time.

Ole will use him in The Europa and League Cup.

He’s quality. Small but has the intelligence.

Hasn't there been signs that he isn't happy? Can't remember if it's instagram/twitter likes or whatever. There's constant media speculation linking him away as well. I've not seen enough to know a position for him but a Scholes/Modric role would be a dream if he can master it. I watched a game last season in the U21 CL and he was the best on the pitch by far in that role.

I've yet to see anything to suggest Chong is all that tbh. Not yet anyway.

Edited by TheManc