Sign in to follow this  
O

Mason Greenwood 2019/2020

Recommended Posts

D05G3fLWwAA9tGe.jpg

Name:

Mason Will John Greenwood

Age:

1st October 2001 (17 years old)

Appearances:

4 senior club appearances

 

Mason Greenwood is an ambidextrous centre forward who can also play on either side of a lone striker. Having scored 42 goals & provided 12 assists for Man Utd across every possible age group since becoming an Academy scholar, it's hard not to be excited about a player with such a high level of technique and ruthless finishing. He made his debut under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer last season, and even managed to start a game against Cardiff on the final day of the season. Unfortunately for him, his shooting boots weren't on that day. But his class was evident for all to see. At just 17, this will already be his 2nd season with the first team squad on Tour. Many at the club feel that he can become a genuine star if things go his way. Hopefully we'll see plenty of substitute appearances and the odd start in the cup games for this young man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He should get regular minutes 'O'.       As it stands we don't exactly have class acts up top to keep him out the team.  And lets be honest, we wont be challenging for much silverware.   So the pressure is off.  The lad deserves a chance and the time couldn't be better for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solskjaer: “Mason will definitely play more games. He has grown over the summer and I think his confidence has grown too after the Cardiff game, as he was our best player.”

Soooo... about 5 appearances this season then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Juanderful said:

Solskjaer: “Mason will definitely play more games. He has grown over the summer and I think his confidence has grown too after the Cardiff game, as he was our best player.”

Soooo... about 5 appearances this season then?

I bet you he becomes our regular RW by the end of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, O said:

I bet you he becomes our regular RW by the end of the season.

I think Ole talks a bigger game than he plays. I imagine he would sooner start Young there 😆

Put a number on the minimum number of appearances (starts/subs) you think he'll get across all competitions this season? At a push, I will say 10.

And by all means, I hope you're right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Juanderful said:

I think Ole talks a bigger game than he plays. I imagine he would sooner start Young there 😆

Put a number on the minimum number of appearances (starts/subs) you think he'll get across all competitions this season? At a push, I will say 10.

And by all means, I hope you're right. 

At least 20.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, O said:

I bet you he becomes our regular RW by the end of the season.

genuinely has a chance of winning it depending on who (if anyone else) we sign in attack because atm our best options on that side are Mata or Lingard still, James maybe too but he's far better left so eh 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TFIA said:

Has to be in the side against Chelsea. Has to be.

Just did a roulette. Chicharito would have broken his ankle attempting that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, O said:

Just did a roulette. Chicharito would have broken his ankle attempting that.

His ceiling is Henry, his floor is Hernandez. 

Guy can do it all but he will be useful for any side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online