O

Mason Greenwood 2019/2020

D05G3fLWwAA9tGe.jpg

Name:

Mason Will John Greenwood

1st October 2001 (17 years old)

Appearances:

4 senior club appearances

Mason Greenwood is an ambidextrous centre forward who can also play on either side of a lone striker. Having scored 42 goals & provided 12 assists for Man Utd across every possible age group since becoming an Academy scholar, it's hard not to be excited about a player with such a high level of technique and ruthless finishing. He made his debut under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer last season, and even managed to start a game against Cardiff on the final day of the season. Unfortunately for him, his shooting boots weren't on that day. But his class was evident for all to see. At just 17, this will already be his 2nd season with the first team squad on Tour. Many at the club feel that he can become a genuine star if things go his way. Hopefully we'll see plenty of substitute appearances and the odd start in the cup games for this young man.

He should get regular minutes 'O'.       As it stands we don't exactly have class acts up top to keep him out the team.  And lets be honest, we wont be challenging for much silverware.   So the pressure is off.  The lad deserves a chance and the time couldn't be better for him.

Solskjaer: “Mason will definitely play more games. He has grown over the summer and I think his confidence has grown too after the Cardiff game, as he was our best player.”

Soooo... about 5 appearances this season then?

Just now, Juanderful said:

Solskjaer: “Mason will definitely play more games. He has grown over the summer and I think his confidence has grown too after the Cardiff game, as he was our best player.”

Soooo... about 5 appearances this season then?

I bet you he becomes our regular RW by the end of the season.

Just now, O said:

I think Ole talks a bigger game than he plays. I imagine he would sooner start Young there 😆

Put a number on the minimum number of appearances (starts/subs) you think he'll get across all competitions this season? At a push, I will say 10.

And by all means, I hope you're right. 

11 minutes ago, Juanderful said:

I think Ole talks a bigger game than he plays. I imagine he would sooner start Young there 😆

Put a number on the minimum number of appearances (starts/subs) you think he'll get across all competitions this season? At a push, I will say 10.

And by all means, I hope you're right. 

At least 20.

2 hours ago, O said:

genuinely has a chance of winning it depending on who (if anyone else) we sign in attack because atm our best options on that side are Mata or Lingard still, James maybe too but he's far better left so eh 

10 minutes ago, TFIA said:

Has to be in the side against Chelsea. Has to be.

Just did a roulette. Chicharito would have broken his ankle attempting that.

8 minutes ago, O said:

Just did a roulette. Chicharito would have broken his ankle attempting that.

His ceiling is Henry, his floor is Hernandez. 

Guy can do it all but he will be useful for any side.