It's looking like he's not going to sign a new contract and will end up at PSG or maybe Juve.

I'm not disappointed if he leaves, to be honest. He had some great times at this club, but has bee out form for both club and country since around May 2018 now.

He's 29 in 2 months, which isn't old for a GK, but he's a keeper who relies on reflexes and quick reactions. He's an excellent shot stopper usually. That will be harder to maintain when he gets past 32 or so. 

The only real issue is that we've royally fucked up not selling him sooner, instead of allowing him to wind down his contract.

We need a ball playing GK when we replace him. His distribution is a big problem.

1 hour ago, O said:

It's looking like he's not going to sign a new contract and will end up at PSG or maybe Juve.

I'm not disappointed if he leaves, to be honest. He had some great times at this club, but has bee out form for both club and country since around May 2018 now.

He's 29 in 2 months, which isn't old for a GK, but he's a keeper who relies on reflexes and quick reactions. He's an excellent shot stopper usually. That will be harder to maintain when he gets past 32 or so. 

The only real issue is that we've royally fucked up not selling him sooner, instead of allowing him to wind down his contract.

We need a ball playing GK when we replace him. His distribution is a big problem.

He will end up signing the contract. If the reported wage we're offering him is even close to true then it's better than anything he'll get outside of China. Unless he does a 180 on his form soon no elite club will be investing that money in him. I'd be shocked if it isn't his agent throwing shit out there to force United's hand.

We shouldn't bite. Let him go. He's far from indispensable on his best days let alone what he is now. Bring in a more assertive keeper  who's comfortable with the ball and watch the entire back line improve. 

When it was reporting during the tour that he was on the verge of a agreeing a new deal when he returned to England i had a sneaky feeling nothing would be completed until the end of the euro transfer window just in case someone did want to bid big money, now seeing as that window has closed this doesn't come as a surprise. 

On 08/09/2019 at 07:17, O said:

No doubt about that. Woodward should have cashed in rather that watch him leave on a free, but him and that arse Judge haven't an ounce of football nous between them. Ally that to a manager who's doing a bit of on-the-job training, and it's a recipe for disaster. Still, seeing money wave goodbye to the Glazers always makes me happy.

From a financial standpoint, Man Utd has to get De Gea to sign the contract and pay him 290k per week. It will be around 1.16 mil per month.

Then when the time comes can sell De Gea for 50 mil or more. 

For De Gea, it's also more financially rewarding to get a new contract. This gives him more stability and he can move in the future with more transfer fees cut.

So, it's a win-win for both.

On 09/09/2019 at 14:49, TFIA said:

Called it.

Absolute banter club. Give him the captaincy too. No one better suited to lead us into the abyss. 

The United are more clueless than we originally thought as the rebuilt will go absolutely nowhere if this happens.

7 hours ago, O said:

And secretly gay too?

Looks like gay guy if you ask me.

Edited by Mickey Mouse

Pogba wants away, looks like De Gea does too. He would have been on the plane to Madrid if that fax machine hadn't gone on the blink (if you believe that story) so I can't see him staying, captain or not. The writing is on the wall. We keep players by paying well over the odds which is fine as long as it lasts. But a few more seasons of a YTS manager and a fucking bean counter calling teh shots on the pitch and we'll see. FFS, even Adidas had to jump in to keep Pogba at the club, if reports are to be believed. Tell you what though, when their deal runs out, Woodward won't get anything like the money he got last time.

8 hours ago, THE BASTARD said:

Lets be blunt here.   Honestly,   does anyone really give a fuck.  Small   Dave signing a contract....(He's fuckin barmy if he does)  Is going to be as bad as Young, Matic, Lingard, Mata, Shaw.

Fixed

he`s a £50m rated goalkeeper,(thats what he would have got from another team at seasons end) what weve done is basically bought his contract from him and his agent and got him wage free for 4 years.I remember roy keane doing this "so too did sanches"

thats if he signs and the wage is correct. and we then also have the power to sell him if we want.

Edited by dodgy dave