David de Gea

#1 DAVID DE GEA

One year ago, he was the undisputed best keeper in the league and arguably the best in the world. But a particularly poor showing at the World Cup and the seeds of doubt had been planted (despite being infallible for the past 4 or so seasons before that). By the end of the season, Allison was the public's darling and following a series of poor performances, De Gea couldn't have fallen any further from grace.

With his contract situation still unresolved, and therefore a question of his commitment being raised, you do need to wonder how this will all play out. It's not like we haven't been here before. We spend all summer flirting with 'will he/won't he' and cautiously preparing ourselves of the fact he might leave. 

But these things always seem to cross the line. And should he sign a bumper new deal with the club, that would likely see him remain at the club for the entirety of his prime. Turning 29 in November, time has seemingly caught up with him out of nowhere. I don't think many would object to this happening either, despite his wobble at the end of last year. It wasn't that long ago where he was making mistakes over the course of an entire season. It happens. Confidence is everything, especially for a Goalkeeper. I think long-term security plays a huge role in this and it's hard to tell who's blue balling who.

I would now like to take this moment to present my second instalment of traditional Japanese Haiku's to our Spanish bastards.

David. Sign da ting.
Your distribution is whack.
We love you anyway.

WarlikeImpartialEasternnewt-size_restric

stream_img.jpg

Wonder what haircut he'll have this season.

Edited by Juanderful

Everyone is paying big wages these days..so it will be hard for United not too..he's had a few howlers ..but who wouldn't with that lot in front you ...still needs to cover more ground to . he's reliant on the CB to retrieve every ball..there's no need for CB to retrieve a ball that is behind them. get out there.  and save time and silly attacks.

17 minutes ago, hyruga said:

Hope DDG signs soon.

I mean how can United let the best and most agile and most instinctual goalkeeper walk away on a free transfer?

Its big ask Roogles.   All he is thinking is Smalling and Jones and Shaw in front of him again.     I think if they dont match the Sanchez wage he will bail out.    He's already laughed at £350 grand a week.

Honestly I don't think we can afford another 350k player.

Sanchez should just be sold. He's ruining the balance of the wage structure.

8 minutes ago, hdcantona said:

Mirror, Sun and other rags saying he'll sign a new 5 year deal when we come back from tour £91m total (that's 350k a week for those counting) 

Great news. The stick he was getting and the amount if people wanting him sold after last season was ridiculous, after all the seasons he had where he was superhuman he was due an off season he still had some great games last season and I have no doubt he'll be back to his best next season and make all the doubters seem foolish, wouldn't be his first time... 

Another horrible decision by the club. Now watch him cost United a lot of points.

On 03/07/2019 at 11:50, TFIA said:

£350k a week. For a shit goalkeeper.

This is not real life. Reality is a lie.

Turns out the club is more desperate to stay shit than we might have originally thought. This following Young, Smalling, Jones, Mata. 

33 minutes ago, Canto said:

Great news. The stick he was getting and the amount if people wanting him sold after last season was ridiculous, after all the seasons he had where he was superhuman he was due an off season he still had some great games last season and I have no doubt he'll be back to his best next season and make all the doubters seem foolish, wouldn't be his first time... 

I wanted him gone after the barca game even if I didn't say it on here (I may have?) - just because it seemed like he wasn't trying but as @Juanderful said maybe it was a crisis of confidence...

A better defence in front of him and a fresh season should hopefully see him back to his best, and if he's willing to commit to us I'd be delighted. People say "I'd commit for xyz / week are missing the point he could get similar (or maybe even more) at PSG etc imo

9 minutes ago, hdcantona said:

I wanted him gone after the barca game even if I didn't say it on here (I may have?) - just because it seemed like he wasn't trying but as @Juanderful said maybe it was a crisis of confidence...

A better defence in front of him and a fresh season should hopefully see him back to his best, and if he's willing to commit to us I'd be delighted. People say "I'd commit for xyz / week are missing the point he could get similar (or maybe even more) at PSG etc imo

I'd say it probably was a confidence thing aswell as a little bit of uncertainty about his future and not just his future but the future of his two best friends at the club probably didn't help either. As you know confidence is such a big thing and when mistakes keep happening a lot in a shortish period and not just one off it's going to affect it and obviously when you make mistakes as a keeper it's more then likely going to lead to a goal conceded and the mistake being more publicised then a lot of mistakes an outfielder would make

I'm sure the summer break will have done him the world of good and I certainly think those writing him off as finished are extremely premature. As you say he could probably get a bigger wage elsewhere especially if he ran down his contract and then you got to factor in we'd probably turn down the chance to sign someone like Oblak for 60 million and instead sign Pickford for 100 🙄 

On 03/07/2019 at 11:50, TFIA said:

£350k a week. For a shit goalkeeper.

This is not real life. Reality is a lie.

6 more years of this fraud....I wonder how many goals he will concede on purpose now. He did concede plenty last season. 

On 17/07/2019 at 05:18, pearson77 said:

and a coward..

There is nothing about De Gea's overall game that screams at me as world-class. He's very anti-Schmicel or VDS in his approach. This is another mistake by Woodward. 

Nothing set in stone yet. No contract yet.

Anyway, he's more willing to come off his line to catch/punchout crosses now which is an improvement. Dont forget he's also the most agile and best shot stopper in the world!

14 hours ago, Mickey Mouse said:

6 more years of this fraud....I wonder how many goals he will concede on purpose now. He did concede plenty last season. 

There is nothing about De Gea's overall game that screams at me as world-class. He's very anti-Schmicel or VDS in his approach. This is another mistake by Woodward. 

He's been brilliant..no argument about that...but a few times toward the end of last season he ducked out of challenges..one time cost us a goal and we lost the match..I argued at the time, can't have a goalie scared of going in where it hurts..the biggest of big nonoes..get rid of him.

Dude, why dont you look on the bright side?

De Gea is stepping up to be a leader. He's also the same man that brought United to no 2 in 17/18 and saved us on countless occasions.

He is also one of the last few surviving members who won the premier league 12/13.