• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cool double-barreled surname? Check.  Pink boots? Check.  Jacked (for a footballer anyway)? Check.     This man is two rolled down socks away from being my favorite player on

In our predicament we definitely can’t afford to be so snobby.    Yeah, his attacking play needs work and lots of it.    As a 1-on-1 defender, there’s only VVD I’d like to play against l

I'm surprised he hasn't had his thread bumped after his recent form.  He was brilliant again last night and, judging by his recent performances, looks like he's back to his best defensively. I ho

On 03/02/2021 at 16:23, Munroe said:

I thought he was Man of the Match last night. Goal, assist and another world class tackle to add to the highlight reel. He was one of few players that played well against Arsenal too, it seems like he’s been told to get in the box more.

Not a fan of AWB's style, but he was much better attacking wise against Arsenal & Southampton.  Some good balls into the box.

That tackle he made in his duel with Ings probably saved a goal.

• 9 months later...

I’ve always thought he’s a bizarre player. That game showed everything good and bad about him. 

I think he may have been trained for the wrong position, he‘s so good at stopping and slowing down a ball carrier but he has no positional discipline and he’s as smooth as sandpaper in possession. In another life he’s a world class ball winning midfielder in the Ndidi mould. 

I don’t think Poch would have much time for him and he’s badly holding back whoever we play ahead of him. I imagine Laird will be competing when he’s back from loan and we’ll probably move for Max Aarons at some point.

25 minutes ago, SimplyGiggs said:

It's important to remember we bought him as a 21 year old off the back of one full season and he's received nothing in the way of decent coaching since then. None of them have.

He's never going to be a TAA or Reece James though.

He's not built for a modern team who wants to dominate possession and be on the front foot. 

At best, we can use him as a Kyle Walker type RB. Walker stands out like sore thumb in the technique department at City, but his recovery pave is vital when defending countering attacks. AWB could maybe offer something similar under the right manager. Apart from 1 vs 1 defending, his overall positioning needs a lot of work. He always vacates space at the back post. Danjuma skied his shot after the ball fell to him and AWB was forced to lunge at him to recover from his poor starting position.

It's hard to believe that AWB was a winger in his youth days.

11 hours ago, O said:

He's never going to be a TAA or Reece James though.

He's not built for a modern team who wants to dominate possession and be on the front foot. 

At best, we can use him as a Kyle Walker type RB. Walker stands out like sore thumb in the technique department at City, but his recovery pave is vital when defending countering attacks. AWB could maybe offer something similar under the right manager. Apart from 1 vs 1 defending, his overall positioning needs a lot of work. He always vacates space at the back post. Danjuma skied his shot after the ball fell to him and AWB was forced to lunge at him to recover from his poor starting position.

It's hard to believe that AWB was a winger in his youth days.

The one thing that does make me believe it is how awful he is at passing forward - clearly when he was a winger, he didn't have to