MrSwellman

Aaron Wan-Bissaka 2019/20

Strange player.

Obviously struggles when he's put in situations that require good technique. Yet provided 2 very good crosses tonight for Linagrd and Greenwood.

Incredible recovery tackler and great at stopping counter attacks. But was poor for the goal. Cross comes in too easily. Although he did save us by clearing one off the line.

Will get better and better hopefully. 

Worried about his lack of technical ability in tight spaces. He can make recovery tackles all day. But he must improve.

It would be fine if we had a lazy but talented RW who could do all the attacking for him while he just chills out until he has to defend.

4 minutes ago, O said:

Worried about his lack of technical ability in tight spaces. He can make recovery tackles all day. But he must improve.

It would be fine if we had a lazy but talented RW who could do all the attacking for him while he just chills out until he has to defend.

tbf he showed slick footwork on the lingard chance (post hit) but yeah 

Also would help if like tonight we had a LB who could attack

1 minute ago, hdcantona said:

tbf he showed slick footwork on the lingard chance (post hit) but yeah 

Also would help if like tonight we had a LB who could attack

That was nice, yeah.

But he often ends up looking clumsy near the touchline when he's been backed into a tight space.

If we are playing with wing backs, you need more impetus from him. I think a RCB position like Kyle Walker and Azpilicueta could be the making of him. He has the pace to cover wide areas and can tackle. Would need to learn how to position himself in a back three system.

I actually think he's getting worse instead of better.

He dug out one good cross and had a decent effort on goal. But my God, he doesn't cut it for a modern full-back.

I think the old fashioned view that you're a defender first and foremost in the modern game is exactly that, outdated. Full-back is now arguably the most important and demanding position. 

Robertson and TAA aren't outstanding defenders, but they are phenomenal from a creative standpoint.

Kimmich at Bayern is the exact same.

Prime Marcelo. Suspect defensively.

He is succumbing  to the coaching phenomenon at our club which train players to performance levels of utter shitness. It’s been happening for years and is fully supported by the piss in the wind directionless pit of mediocrity supporting the number crunching Glazerdome.

3 hours ago, O said:

I actually think he's getting worse instead of better.

He dug out one good cross and had a decent effort on goal. But my God, he doesn't cut it for a modern full-back.

I think the old fashioned view that you're a defender first and foremost in the modern game is exactly that, outdated. Full-back is now arguably the most important and demanding position. 

Robertson and TAA aren't outstanding defenders, but they are phenomenal from a creative standpoint.

Kimmich at Bayern is the exact same.

Prime Marcelo. Suspect defensively.

It can work with a complimentary full back on the opposite flank or a great winger ahead of them.

AWB has garbage.

Just now, TFIA said:

It can work with a complimentary full back on the opposite flank or a great winger ahead of them.

AWB has garbage.

Only reason why Kyle Walker has a career is his recovery play.

We could use AWB in the same role if we could find a Alba/Robertson/Marcelo to play LB.

Best and most realistic LB options for us are Alex Telles or Álex Grimaldo.

17 minutes ago, hdcantona said:

A shame he looks as good on the ball as me but what an absolute monster defensively, probably motm today 

Useful for when we face elite wide forwards.