ALF

PES 2020

14 hours ago, Juanderful said:

In other words, Beckham will be behind a paywall.

Imagine have all of these wonderful legends of the game fully rendered, but only accessible to people who dedicate a lot of time/money to My Club 😭

Rumours are they've actually updated career mode, i sincerely hope so its all i'm interested in, i hope the updates aren't solely  the fact you can have Maradona as manager avatar, i'll fucking be fuming if thats the case.

All the My Club stuff just doesn't interest me so i guess getting Beckham doesn't either 😞

27 minutes ago, ALF said:

Rumours are they've actually updated career mode, i sincerely hope so its all i'm interested in, i hope the updates aren't solely  the fact you can have Maradona as manager avatar, i'll fucking be fuming if thats the case.

All the My Club stuff just doesn't interest me so i guess getting Beckham doesn't either 😞

I'll bloody believe that when I see it!

My first PES was 2016 and back then, it was a breath of fresh air! I didn't really imagine after 4-years it would basically be exactly the same game 😣 Pretty sure the current state of ML was the same before that too?

Put it this way, i'm not going to hold my breath on this game being innovative. It might only be worth buying PES around April as they always go crazy and give the game away for like £8. It was meant to be the free game for PS+ this month too! (Though it was announced yesterday that they have since swapped it for Detroit: Become Human...)

36 minutes ago, Juanderful said:

I'll bloody believe that when I see it!

My first PES was 2016 and back then, it was a breath of fresh air! I didn't really imagine after 4-years it would basically be exactly the same game 😣 Pretty sure the current state of ML was the same before that too?

Put it this way, i'm not going to hold my breath on this game being innovative. It might only be worth buying PES around April as they always go crazy and give the game away for like £8. It was meant to be the free game for PS+ this month too! (Though it was announced yesterday that they have since swapped it for Detroit: Become Human...)

Master League has been terrible for way longer than that, game play i've always preferred and the ability to edit kits and such always floated my boat, i'd spend hours designing kits and such. But yeah the actual ML was just too repetitive i skipped this year because of that, went to FIFA found the ML better but the game play lacking. 

And i too am not holding my breath but i suspect i'll still buy it haha.   

14 minutes ago, ALF said:

Master League has been terrible for way longer than that, game play i've always preferred and the ability to edit kits and such always floated my boat, i'd spend hours designing kits and such. But yeah the actual ML was just too repetitive i skipped this year because of that, went to FIFA found the ML better but the game play lacking. 

And i too am not holding my breath but i suspect i'll still buy it haha.   

Do you make the kits with that kit maker website online? If so, that is truly a treat!

I also found myself taking my saves to the next level by removing all of the default faces in my team. As you can edit players, I find someone with a rendered face that looks like the player in question and then just reset all the other attributes to the original player.

If you're not doing that, I promise you that it makes a world of difference! I did it an entire team in the Championship and it makes you enjoy playing with them a lot more and made me feel less inclined to throw them away after a season or two. Plus you can do it mid-save so new transfers look great when they're announced!

I hear Fifa has a bunch of updates coming to CM and Clubs (the only modes I am interested in) but i'm not expecting much there either. Maybe some new haircut options for our clubs players hahah. I've never seen a bigger battle of mediocre innovation than these two titles competing against each other 😅

22 hours ago, Juanderful said:

Do you make the kits with that kit maker website online? If so, that is truly a treat!

I also found myself taking my saves to the next level by removing all of the default faces in my team. As you can edit players, I find someone with a rendered face that looks like the player in question and then just reset all the other attributes to the original player.

If you're not doing that, I promise you that it makes a world of difference! I did it an entire team in the Championship and it makes you enjoy playing with them a lot more and made me feel less inclined to throw them away after a season or two. Plus you can do it mid-save so new transfers look great when they're announced!

I hear Fifa has a bunch of updates coming to CM and Clubs (the only modes I am interested in) but i'm not expecting much there either. Maybe some new haircut options for our clubs players hahah. I've never seen a bigger battle of mediocre innovation than these two titles competing against each other 😅

I did, i made that blue 68 champions league kit they released last year as my third kit with United. 

I've never really gone into face maybe i'll go and do so next year I just really hope the update are decent for once, the whole going from squared to circle edges but keeping the actual navigation layout exactly the same last year really pissed me off about PES, just laziness and a real lack of care.

I'll probably have a look at FIFA too but the game play just doesn't excite me like PES still does to this day. And you're right the two competing titles barely do anything to out do one another.  

Sometimes I feel sad for ever becoming a fan of football. I have to choose between cat shit and dog shit for video games, and that's why I have to settle for PES every year.

The ML changes are about as real as bigfoot. Older fans of the series know that they have been peddling the same crap since 2009.

I find that each passing year the scripting in this game gets worse and worse. Both the games are designed to hold back the better player, so that the newer ones can enjoy it without getting consistently humiliated.

I haven't seen Konami talk about the latency issues and lag cheaters in the game, or even try to address it in years.

8 minutes ago, Munroe said:

Enjoying the demo so far. I didn't bother getting the 2019 editions of either football game, but I'm tempted to get PES this year. 

I had 19 and I enjoyed it a lot more than FIFA. Still had some things that could be improved but the MasterLeague in 2020 sounds much much better and that was the mode I played the most anyway. 

Can't believe I'm actually saying it but they have made some insane changes to the AI. It actually feels like the old PES (before FUT or MyClub), and it feels great to be challenged properly again without having to deal with a spam of low crosses from the AI.

I'm an offline player primarily so if they actually keep these changes in the full version of the game, then consider me sold.

Also, anyone else finding the randomness in the game to be spectacular? The ball physics and stuff I mean; it's very hard to tell how the ball will go where it is going to end up going.

They have done a wonderful job at emulating little things like Ashley Young's crossing and Lukaku's first touch. Playing with these teams almost feels like watching them in real life.

22 minutes ago, Burns92 said:

Can't believe I'm actually saying it but they have made some insane changes to the AI. It actually feels like the old PES (before FUT or MyClub), and it feels great to be challenged properly again without having to deal with a spam of low crosses from the AI.

I'm an offline player primarily so if they actually keep these changes in the full version of the game, then consider me sold.

Also, anyone else finding the randomness in the game to be spectacular? The ball physics and stuff I mean; it's very hard to tell how the ball will go where it is going to end up going.

They have done a wonderful job at emulating little things like Ashley Young's crossing and Lukaku's first touch. Playing with these teams almost feels like watching them in real life.

I am utterly loving it online and off but word of warning felt the same about last year's demo and they sped it up 

46 minutes ago, hdcantona said:

I am utterly loving it online and off but word of warning felt the same about last year's demo and they sped it up 

Yeah that's exactly what I'm cautious about too. They sped up the gameplay in the full version for MyClub, but since I play offline I can always adjust the speed, haha.

25 minutes ago, TheManc said:

how are our players rated?

Way too high.

21 hours ago, Juanderful said:

@sam10ness What have they promised for ML?

Well, last year I really enjoyed master league but the transfers left something to be desired. Apparently they’ve completely revamped the transfer algorithm. New manager models allowing you to play as legends like Cruyff could be fun. I think there’s meant to be more in the way of a story mode for master league this year too. 

I haven’t seen how most of this plays so that’s why I only said it sounds good. Hopefully it takes a step forward. As long as the transfers are more realistic I’ll be happy.