Fergiemadman87

Anyone going to International Champions Cup in August?

This might not help you a ton, but I went last year in Ann Arbor, Michigan where we were thrashed by Liverpool. I would imagine you’d see a better calibre of players than I did, given there wasn’t an international tournament this summer, but if I were you I wouldn’t pay an exorbitant fee unless you’re from far away and just happen to be in Cardiff during it. 

3 hours ago, pearson77 said:

I don't pay a lot of attention to pre-season friendlies..especially when they're given a fucking ridiculous name.

That’s super cool that you’re really unobservant and better than everyone else, let me know how that continues to work out for you. 

5 hours ago, pearson77 said:

I don't pay a lot of attention to pre-season friendlies..especially when they're given a fucking ridiculous name.

It’s the future of the sport when Europe’s elite break off from the rest and create a “Super League” where only the best play the best.

5 hours ago, pearson77 said:

Its fuckin embarrassing Pancho i agree.  Just another chance to exploit gullible plebs out of their cash.     Champions my arse.

What were Arsenal, United, Madrid, Athletico, Fiorentina, Inter, Tottenham champions of??

In could half understand it if they charged a fiver or a tenner a pop.  But they'll asking £30 at least.  And they'll fuckin pay it.😂

On 04/07/2019 at 15:41, THE BASTARD said:

Its fuckin embarrassing Pancho i agree.  Just another chance to exploit gullible plebs out of their cash.     Champions my arse.

What were Arsenal, United, Madrid, Athletico, Fiorentina, Inter, Tottenham champions of??

In could half understand it if they charged a fiver or a tenner a pop.  But they'll asking £30 at least.  And they'll fuckin pay it.😂

A guy in Australia (friend of my daughter) is paying 100 Aussie dollars to watch United play Leeds..I think that's around fifty quid. For a meaningless pre-season friendly..nuts..but him and his mates are giddy for the chance to see English teams.

On 04/07/2019 at 13:01, Piazza said:

That’s super cool that you’re really unobservant and better than everyone else, let me know how that continues to work out for you. 

I'm observant about stuff that I give a fuck about..friendlies don't interest me in the slightest..they are useful for the manager and the players, a waste of time and money for punters. And I agree i'm better than you xx

On 04/07/2019 at 07:59, pearson77 said:

I'm starting to wonder why fans are now days so obsessed with pre-seasons.

On 10/07/2019 at 11:55, Mickey Mouse said:

I'm starting to wonder why fans are now days so obsessed with pre-seasons.

I can understand it, in this age of worldwide coverage, like the fella in Australia..or the fans in the USA and Asia..but to me it's nowt.

Here's the full schedule:

July 16

Roma vs. Chivas (Seatgeek Stadium, Bridgeview, Illinois)

July 17

Arsenal vs. Bayern Munich (Dignity Health Sports Park, Carson, California)

July 20

Manchester United vs. Inter Milan (National Stadium, Singapore)

Benfica vs. Chivas (Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara, California)

Arsenal vs. Roma (Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, North Carolina)

Bayern vs. Real Madrid (NRG Stadium, Houston, Texas)

July 21

Juventus vs. Tottenham Hotspur (National Stadium, Singapore)

July 23

Real Madrid vs. Arsenal (Fedex Field, Landover, Maryland)

Bayern vs. AC Milan (Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, Missouri)

Chivas vs. Atletico Madrid (Globe Life Park, Arlington, Texas)

July 24

Juventus vs. Inter (Nanjing Olympic Sports Complex, Nanjing, China)

Roma vs. Benfica (Red Bull Arena, Harrison, New Jersey)

July 25

Tottenham vs. Manchester United (Hongkou Football Stadium, Shanghai)

July 26

Real Madrid vs. Atletico Madrid (MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey)

July 28

AC Milan vs. Benfica (Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, Massachusetts)

August 3

Manchester United vs. AC Milan (Principality Stadium, Cardiff, Wales)

August 4

Tottenham vs. Inter (Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London)

August 10

Atletico Madrid vs. Juventus (Friends Arena, Stockholm, Sweden)

Edited by hyruga

On 12/07/2019 at 11:33, pearson77 said:

I can understand it, in this age of worldwide coverage, like the fella in Australia..or the fans in the USA and Asia..but to me it's nowt.

I have always said the only truth United fans are in England, Ireland, Malta and Iceland. The rest "fans" in other countries are just customers that are supposed to be exploded as the cash cow that's one of the things that are wrong with modern football.

Edited by Mickey Mouse

7 minutes ago, Mickey Mouse said:

I have always said the only truth United fans are in England, Ireland, Malta and Iceland. The rest "fans" in other countries are just customers that are supposed to be exploded as the cash cow that's one of the things that are wrong with modern football.

😂😂😂what makes coming from Iceland got to do with anybody being a "true" fan then somebody from anywhere else bar those places you mentioned? I'm sure it's just a coincidence you're from there 🤷‍♂️😂

On 15/07/2019 at 23:20, Mickey Mouse said:

I'd better get on facebook and tell my Aussie mate not to go to the Leeds game as he might explode..