Sign in to follow this  
O

Jurgen Klopp - From Flop to the Top

2 hours ago, O said:

He’d take the Germany job after Euro 2020 if he wins The PL.

Done all he can with Liverpool if he achieves that.

No chance. Unless this team burns out, it's basically either the best or the 2nd best team in the world. They are basically favourites for the PL and CL for this season and next. I can see him taking on Germany after the next WC which is when his contract runs out.

If Pep leaves, it's not even like Chelsea or United are close to challenging them either. The pessimist in me can see him achieving 2-3 CL's and 2-3 PLs by the time he has left.

Edited by TheManc

This season may take its toll given the number of matches and the pressure to win every game. When we were dominant there were probably more easy games in the league especially. Klopp can't keep up his fist pumping season after season, eventually he'll need a break like when he left dortmund. Also do they have the squad to cope with an inevitable injury or loss of form of a key player. What about players wanting a bloated new contract that the board are unwilling to pay. Looks like a dead cert for them winning the league this campaign. They are having their day in the sun but i cant see it lasting for much longer.

3 hours ago, John Locke said:

This season may take its toll given the number of matches and the pressure to win every game. When we were dominant there were probably more easy games in the league especially. Klopp can't keep up his fist pumping season after season, eventually he'll need a break like when he left dortmund. Also do they have the squad to cope with an inevitable injury or loss of form of a key player. What about players wanting a bloated new contract that the board are unwilling to pay. Looks like a dead cert for them winning the league this campaign. They are having their day in the sun but i cant see it lasting for much longer.

Indeed Lockster.    Not taking anything away from the horrible twats.   They deserve to be where they are.   But its not all been plain sailing, there has been some huge chunks of good fortune.    They were mullered at Sheffield a few weeks back.  Only for a weak speculative shot by Wynaldum to somehow squirm through the arms of the keeper and trickle over the line.  it was 3 points from what should have been zero.

And how that wasnt handball at the weekend i dont know.  The penalty should have been given and their opener wouldnt have happened.   City looked much the better team.

It was pointed out by a few of the pundits over the weekend that they could suffer if they get a couple of key injuries because their squad is very thin and there's a hell of a lot of football to be played starting after the international break.

Very long way to go yet.

6 hours ago, TheManc said:

No chance. Unless this team burns out, it's basically either the best or the 2nd best team in the world. They are basically favourites for the PL and CL for this season and next. I can see him taking on Germany after the next WC which is when his contract runs out.

If Pep leaves, it's not even like Chelsea or United are close to challenging them either. The pessimist in me can see him achieving 2-3 CL's and 2-3 PLs by the time he has left.

The Germany job only comes around every so often. Löw is on the way out and the job is his to have when they inevitably have a terrible Euro 2020.

No team goes on to play well for more than 3 seasons. This is the 3rd season of the cycle.

Runners up in 2018, winners in 2019 and possibly PL and CL winners 2020.

The key players, full-backs aside, are all in their prime years. So they will peak together and decline together over time. I see the cycle ending after next season at max.

2 hours ago, O said:

The Germany job only comes around every so often. Löw is on the way out and the job is his to have when they inevitably have a terrible Euro 2020.

No team goes on to play well for more than 3 seasons. This is the 3rd season of the cycle.

Runners up in 2018, winners in 2019 and possibly PL and CL winners 2020.

The key players, full-backs aside, are all in their prime years. So they will peak together and decline together over time. I see the cycle ending after next season at max.

Keep going, i'm nearly there