O

If De Gea runs down his contract?

Rumours are that De Gea isn’t going to commit to a new deal, so he can leave on a free transfer next year or for a small fee now.

We’re being linked with Onana of Ajax and Donnarumma of Milan.

I haven’t seen a lot of Donnarumma this season, but he’s apparently improved after a poor season in 2017/2018.

I’d personally take Onana over him right now.

Cillessen could be another option, but Barça are making it difficult for him to leave.

6 minutes ago, O said:

Rumours are that De Gea isn’t going to commit to a new deal, so he can leave on a free transfer next year or for a small fee now.

We’re being linked with Onana of Ajax and Donnarumma of Milan.

I haven’t seen a lot of Donnarumma this season, but he’s apparently improved after a poor season in 2017/2018.

I’d personally take Onana over him right now.

Cillessen could be another option, but Barça are making it difficult for him to leave.

I've not seen enough of Onana, I'd take Cillessen or someone older while Henderson develops tbh -  the big thing with Donnarumma is he is still susceptible to low strikes from range as his footwork is sloppy, and I'd prefer someone with good distribution but I wouldn't be disappointed with donnarumma

1 minute ago, hdcantona said:

I've not seen enough of Onana, I'd take Cillessen or someone older while Henderson develops tbh -  the big thing with Donnarumma is he is still susceptible to low strikes from range as his footwork is sloppy, and I'd prefer someone with good distribution but I wouldn't be disappointed with donnarumma

Donnarumma strikes me as a little pussy like De Gea. That’s why I don’t want him.

Onana came through the La Masia and then moved to Ajax in his late teens, so he’s used to building up from the back. He’s not fully error prone either, but he’s closer to Ederson in style than De Gea. He’s very good at saving 1 vs 1 shots.

I think Lafont could be a brilliant GK in a few years. Hope we’re monitoring him too. Did well in a struggling Fiorentina side and has been a regular GK since he was 16.

Sell him if he doesn't want to commit. Promote Romero for this season, and keep a recall on Henderson's loan. In terms of replacements, if we're going to be looking at youngish English players, then I'd be tempted to bring Tom Heaton back. If we're going for a top class keeper, then I like Cillessen, but I'd go for Jan Oblak.

We can mitigate the loss of Dave by making sure we actually have a semi competent defence.

Play hardball but finally sell him and move on. Anyone who wants to leave and does not want to play for the shirt then sell him to the highest bidder. 

If we go into next season with Romero in goal and our CBs being a combination of Lindelof/Jones/Smalling/Tuanzebe/Fosu-Mensah etc. we’re going to be lucky to avoid the drop. 

1 hour ago, Piazza said:

If we go into next season with Romero in goal and our CBs being a combination of Lindelof/Jones/Smalling/Tuanzebe/Fosu-Mensah etc. we’re going to be lucky to avoid the drop. 

There’s not a keeper in the league that wouldn’t be an upgrade on that Spanish cunt.

how can you sell him ?  he`s on a (reported 250k a week ) in 6 months  he can sell his contract to PSG.

so

(a) who`s gonna pay this amount each week

(b) what planet are you on if you think he will even negotiate with another club (if hes on a £50m invisable signing on fee).

(c)since bosnan the club cannot sell a player if he doesn`t want to go, they can loan him on full pay but thats all.

so as with my spat with shoot fatten the cunt up in the kitchens ,dont let him near a training facility,and we`ll see how good he looks in 12 months time,

Why to pay even 250k for the next six months also and also disturb the harmony(if any still left) of the squad. Even if we get 10mill for him then sell him. 

Get rid of all the cancers who do not want to be at the club or don't want to work hard for the shirt so we have only true hard working individuals left.

There isn't a single fucker at this club that I'd be sad to see the back of at this point. De Gea will look like the best keeper in the world again at whatever club he signs for but I couldn't give a a shit. 

4 hours ago, nirav said:

Why to pay even 250k for the next six months also and also disturb the harmony(if any still left) of the squad. Even if we get 10mill for him then sell him. 

Get rid of all the cancers who do not want to be at the club or don't want to work hard for the shirt so we have only true hard working individuals left.

the £250k is for a year, after 6 months he can sign a pre nup for PSG but not join until next summer.

as for selling him (he`s going to PSG ) if they are worried about FFP they will sit this out for a season, pay him our transfer fee in the pre nup. all done in wonderland like mbappe`s imaginary loan.

if they tried to get him to go to say barca for the last 12months of his contract he can say ' nahthe weathers too hot there', so we ship him out to fleetwood and pay his wages, nah it stinks of fish i`m not going. nobodys gonna pay those wages to a disgruntled child who would only be temp (12 months anyway), so the only way we can get rid is PSG this window, if not dont let him near a pitch until ne leaves.

12 hours ago, TFIA said:

There’s not a keeper in the league that wouldn’t be an upgrade on that Spanish cunt.

Oh shut the fuck up, drama queen. Romero is literally garbage. I know your butt is very hurt from this past season, as is mine, but control yourself. Pretty soon you’ll be talking about how good Chris Smalling is at this rate. 

same here  he`s done nothing wrong ,i like his happy go lucky attitude.

i think its more they cant handle DDG is a past issue and are in that famous egyption river (he wont play here again unless PSG get the drop into europa league)

fuck him he`s made his bed

If he does genuinely want to run down his contract, then we should be looking to offload him asap if we can.  We shouldn't be keeping anyone around who doesn't want to be here, whoever they are.

Even if we don't get a lot for him, we'll get something and get him off the wage bill.  Most importantly, it'll send the message that we only want players who are fully committed to the club.  There's no benefit of keeping players around who would rather be elsewhere.

49 minutes ago, Jay007 said:

If he does genuinely want to run down his contract, then we should be looking to offload him asap if we can.  We shouldn't be keeping anyone around who doesn't want to be here, whoever they are.

Even if we don't get a lot for him, we'll get something and get him off the wage bill.  Most importantly, it'll send the message that we only want players who are fully committed to the club.  There's no benefit of keeping players around who would rather be elsewhere.

Couldn't agree more. No player should be allowed to hold the club to ransom or put the club in that position.

As a manager, if you have a player like that then he should be dropped from the first team and made to play in the reserves. With Euro 2020 in the summer it would put his place in the national team in jeopardy and that is the least punishment he will deserve.

If that is what DDG is doing then we need to be clear cut with him. If you want to stay then let's sign a contract extension by the end of June latest. If you don't agree to a deal we will be open to offers and will be looking to offload. If that doesn't happen then you will be playing reserve team football for the rest of the season which will mean most likely no Euro 2020 in the summer.

1 hour ago, Jay007 said:

The problem with this is that we desperately need to strengthen across the entire pitch and even with his dip in form he's still one of the best keepers in the world.

Best to just let him run down his contact and tap up Onana in the meantime. 

We need staff at Old Trafford who know it's a privilege to be here and to be a part of it..and to sustain that and improve on it..

Every new and old face need to know  that for the future .the club is losing inner respect..if it's down to the owner's..then get rid..if it's the board etc then do likewise..if it's Deadwood himself or his Deadwood on the pitch then get rid..this has to be fixed right now..and fixed clinically..United are suffering on all fronts now..the financial aspect of it is slowly kicking in..so it's dire times..it may not look it..but United have been covering this up now for 10 years . history and reputation has allowed for this amount of time..but if United don't get back on track the right way this season coming..then the freefall will be evident when you see teams around you all of a sudden above you .it's only about 10 to 15 points away from that state..it might have happened this season..but United rode their final luck ..that's it ..no more get out jail cards left..United need a bulletproof 3 year plan to win the title..next season should be about finishing as high as you can ..as long as it's not below 4th..and work on from that..every addition has to be for  technical  reasons first then look for other traits..United need to add the right peas for their Pod...United need to create names..by introducing new talent and then building on them..

So in essence I would be happy for that  to start asap..Should United buy Young talent from the off for the start of the new season..??

It would be great .but United would need to get rid of the stale goods plus the wantaways straight away. 

David..coz he wants to go plus he's not really fully progressed..he might do elsewhere with a better coach.

Mata..don't really want to see him no more.too slow now.

Herrera..coz he wants to go..

Lukaku..not a United type of striker. more of substitute in the EPL really.

Martial..coz he's a lazy so and so..

Lingard..has nothing really spectacular to offer apart from making runs..which may be handy if we get Ruben Neves..he would do maybe as squad player if any.

Young..coz he's not..

Smalling ..sick of watching him

Jones .aahhhwwwful..

Matic..old and static .

Pogba..rumour has it..3 players have been offered..il take that and 50 mill..

I bet all these start next season..

Some rags reporting that he wants as much as half of the transfer fee if any deal happens this summer. In that case let him leave for free next season and drop him to reserves this season. Let him have the money but no football.