O

If De Gea runs down his contract?

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, aardvarked said:

The problem with this is that we desperately need to strengthen across the entire pitch and even with his dip in form he's still one of the best keepers in the world.

Best to just let him run down his contact and tap up Onana in the meantime. 

I do agree with the bold and have said this about players in other positions as well.

But I think keeping him when he doesn't want to be here is a huge risk as well. I think it's obvious he's been distracted this season, and look what happened - he's had his worst season since he signed, costing us goals.  Towards the end of the season he was pretty much (or very nearly) making at least one big mistake in every game.

Most importantly, we've let players and agents run rings around us for too long.  We need to sort that out and make sure the only players that are here are players who are 100% committed and are willing to work hard to be here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Jay007 said:

I do agree with the bold and have said this about players in other positions as well.

But I think keeping him when he doesn't want to be here is a huge risk as well. I think it's obvious he's been distracted this season, and look what happened - he's had his worst season since he signed, costing us goals.  Towards the end of the season he was pretty much (or very nearly) making at least one big mistake in every game.

Most importantly, we've let players and agents run rings around us for too long.  We need to sort that out and make sure the only players that are here are players who are 100% committed and are willing to work hard to be here.

I agree in principle, but practically I don't think we can afford to be spending 50-70m on a new keeper now when we need to bring in first team players everywhere else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, O said:

Why?

I think he's really good, really underrated and would be much cheaper than many other options.

Don't you like him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Txrt said:

I think he's really good, really underrated and would be much cheaper than many other options.

Don't you like him?

He’s at the right level. 

Wouldn’t spend €35+ million on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, O said:

He’s at the right level. 

Wouldn’t spend €35+ million on him.

I think he's very, very, very good.

I think we'd get him for around 20M though? That's why I mentioned his name at least. 20-25 is what I would expect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Txrt said:

I think he's very, very, very good.

I think we'd get him for around 20M though? That's why I mentioned his name at least. 20-25 is what I would expect.

They bought him for around €18 million due to the conflict at Sporting.

€30 million would be their asking price.

Romero is worth more than the entire Wolves squad, so I would maybe consider selling him in exchange for their squad.

Edited by O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Id Romero as our number 1 and Henderson as 2. The kid went on this season tweeting about how he just needs one chance to show his worth at the club.

There are other areas of the pitch that need more spending. Though I think the sale of Pogba could be a catalyst for one or 2 more signings on top of what we do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think DDG is the best shot stopper in the world, a greedy cnut for money but the best, but i also think a GK`s job has changed,  no longer does he need to be a madman (diving head first into feet that normals wouldn`t put their feet there.) but he needs to be a ball player (a footballer) comfortable in possession, like cidys and dole-boys gk. being able to pass the ball out, instead of humping upfield.this is like having actually another player on the team. DDG cannot do this, i`m not sure Romero can too , but at least he deserves the chance to prove he can . sell him if possible and let rom have a go pre season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now