Txrt

Chernobyl

So, anyone watching this? It is a BBC/HBO miniseries that will have five episodes describing the facts and how the event we all know about happen, and how the inmediate aftermath of the explosion happened and developed.

I have watched all three episodes that are out, and it's been absolutely brilliant for me. HBO compensating the awful GoT season with things like this can be very positive if they keep producing content of this quality.

Really enjoyed the first three episodes, specially the second one. Brilliant acted, ambiented, written, perfect pace, a brilliant exploration of a topic that's widely known to everyone.

I highly recommend it to everyone.

Have heard it's good but still not watched it yet. HBO/BBC seem to be doing a fair few things together, I'm looking forward to their tv series based on 'his dark materials' (northern lights etc by phillip pullman) - trailer looks good unlike that god awful film that may actually be the worst film I've seen based on what I had in my mind from the books 

36 minutes ago, aardvarked said:

Only watched the first episode so far but it's fucking great

Really off-putting for everyone to have English accents though

Were you expecting them to round up a bunch of Belarusian nobodies like City of God?

41 minutes ago, aardvarked said:

Only watched the first episode so far but it's fucking great

Really off-putting for everyone to have English accents though

One tends to agree 

Answer.    Morrissey written the tune "Panic....Hang the DJ" after listening to Radio 1 one day when the story of the disaster broke. Basically saying that their had been a massive explosion at a nuclear power station and that clouds of radioactivity were blowing west across Europe........"Back to the music now, and here's Wham with I'm your man".

https://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/the-smiths/which-smiths-song-inspired-chernobyl-disaster/